May 15, 2024, 07:59:40 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

OZMA in florida

Started by tom, March 29, 2007, 08:04:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

Is anyone going? Fuck. I want to go. But its a 2 and a half hour drive.

CT-700

My school's baseball team is down in Florida now. Why am I not on the baseball team?! It'd be cool if I was and I saw them and they then preceded to play Baseball.

icecreamman

Anybody booting it *crosses fingers*?

CT-700

I sure hope so. I am still waiting for the San Jose boot from November.

Alex

According to comments on the myspace this show was cancelled at the last minute?  Does anyone know what happened?  Just curious.  That really sucks to go all the way across the country and have to cancel.
We can blast way inside

tom

March 30, 2007, 10:41:30 pm #5 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:56:41 pm by tom
They probably still got paid? Or at least had travel expenses taken care of.

edit - sure glad I didn't drive the 2 and a half hours...

falyn

I tried getting there but it didn't work out. I don't feel so bad now, knowing it was canceled. I don't know why they were playing that show to begin with. It would've been cool to meet some other OFFers, though. I hadn't even thought of it.
stream my radio show on mondays 7-8 pm @ http://www.wvum.org

weezer420

I go to school at FGCU and here's what happened:

Jack's Mannequin was the headliner for the concert. There was a disagreement with the equipment pertaining to the decibal level they wanted about 115 and what was provided was 107 or 105 no lower than 105. So Jack's Mannequin warms up, blows out the speakers and then bails. Since all the band's contracts said they couldn't perform if Jack's Mannequin didn't (this was a request of Jack's Mannequin's for the other bands contracts otherwise they wouldn't do the show) everyone had to cancel this is decided about an hour and a half after the gates were supposed to open. Well Fallen From the Sky, a local band from South Florida, said screw that, we're still gonna play the show. After their set was done Ozma decided to stick around for like 4 songs (Spending Time, Domino Effect, Korobeiniki, and Eponine in that order)and were done after that because well.... everyone pretty much left after Jack's Mannequin and the rest of the bands pulled out. A shame too because I came only to see Ozma play. There was a huge article in our school's newpaper. I can scan it for anyone who wants to see it but it'd be a while for me to do it since I moving out of the dorms for the Summer and my printer/scanner just got packed up. I don't know what bands had to give back money or if any of the one's who played or didn't play did but recently a follow up to the Jack's Mannequin story was written and said the school got back half of the money it paid to Jack's Mannequin ($13,500 of $27,000) but as for the other bands they didn't disclose how much they were paid or if they even kept it or what.

CT-700

Thanks for the insight. I wasn't aware they actually played any songs. I'm glad they didn't low-ball their fans like JM.

hipsun

$27,000 for 1 show for a tiny band? holy shit. i wanna play the college circuit.

icecreamman

I fucking hate Jack's Mannequin.

Джесси

April 25, 2007, 10:58:21 pm #11 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:19:39 pm by Zoso1971
Quote from: icecreamman on April 25, 2007, 05:27:18 pm
I fucking hate Jack's Mannequin.

Yeah...that is incredibly lame. Obviously they don't get a shit about their fans.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

weezer420

Yeah there was a letter on Jack Mannequin's site and a letter in the paper written by the band appoligizing for the whole thing but a lot of people didn't buy it especially the way the band and manager handled the whole situation and made everyone else cancel the show. But the band and the school settled the disagreement with Jack's Mannequin getting to keep half of the $$$ and they got to publish in the school newpaper their side of the story. Oh well... at least I got to see who I really came to see... sort of...

weezer420

I forgot to post this last time I was here but here is the link in the Jack's Mannequin blog attempting to appologize for the situation: http://jacksmannequin.blogs.com/jacksmannequin/2007/03/an_open_letter_.html