April 29, 2024, 03:02:51 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Remember bootleg of the month?

Started by CT-700, September 23, 2006, 09:18:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteI disagree wholeheartedly, though not to put any pressure on Rock Candy to keep it.

haha, nah dont want a weezer name, i only used that name cuz i used it on the WIDF, and i wanted to see if any WIDF'ers would notice me and say hi or something, since WIDF just abruptly shut down, good ridance btw. plus Rock Candy is such a great power pop name.  ;D

CT-700

WhoYouCallinWeez

powerpop as in weezer, ozma, rentals, etc if there is any etc

I like ozma

there has previously been a powerpop discussion. yes there is an etc.

CT-700

Oh no, I know what Powerpop. I just meant Candy Rock as in British rock because apparently they use the word "Candy" in the UK to describe it. Or so the evil Wikipedia says...

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotethere has previously been a powerpop discussion. yes there is an etc.

yes, i started said thread. "curiosity" is the name of it. i mean etc in a present day still-functioning band type thing. that dog is the only one i didnt mention, and thats cuz i dont like them.

and i got the name "rock candy" from the name of a blue album-era bootleg.

CT-700

Yeah I am familar with that boot. Over Christmas I went into this giant Blue Album phase, probably because I was working on a Weezer project for school, but anyway I ended up downloading like every said era boot available from WeezerNation.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea ill say this about the weez boots i have. my favorite, not in terms of sound but in terms of setlist is Nov 16-96, the ENTIRE pinkerton album is performed, as is YGYLTMS! woohoo! in addition to 7 blue songs. WOW  :o

thanks for the boot! love it! and i think the quality is far superior to the Houston 2001 show i uploaded.

whos next? whos gonna do the next boot? who who

CT-700

I like ozma

do you two have a bigger passion for weezer or ozma? me, ozma.

CT-700

It depends, I go back and forth. They are my top 2 favorites.

WhoYouCallinWeez

i used to go back and forth. but MB just isnt as appealing to me as when i bought it. overrall blue/pink and the b-sides, well ALL of  there work 92-99 is perfection to me. but ill take ANY ozma over any post-2000 weezer.

CT-700

I'd definately take Ozma over anything post-2000 =w=. I am just sooo excited for this new album.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes the new album should be nothing short of ridiculously mind blowing. i hope my aspirations arent to high.

I like ozma

i think all of our aspirations are too high. however i hope that i can say "whoa this album has exceeded my expectations of letting me down"

i dont really see what is SO bad about maladroit. you guys may not like it, but i however believe "death and destruction" is brilliant song. along with slob.

CT-700

Quote from: I like ozma on February 13, 2007, 09:31:48 pm
i however believe "death and destruction" is brilliant song. along with slob.

I too believe this, however we've taken this discussion out of hand, lets try to stay on topic from now on.

WhoYouCallinWeez

my aspirations arent high at all, honeslty. if the myspace demos are what it will sound like i know what to expect, even thou it may sound nothing like them, i do still LOVE kid icarus, straight flush, and the Nada Surf guy's song sounded great. i dunno, my expectations are up in the air.

and no, D&D sucks, the instrumental demos they did of DD and Burnt Jamb were great thou.

anyways, whos got the next show to post? I like ozma do u have any shows we dont have?

I like ozma

nah, im not much for bootlegs. i dont have anything.