April 29, 2024, 10:55:16 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Dear Ozma

Started by Indoor Fireworks, October 21, 2006, 02:11:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Indoor Fireworks

My friend's birthday is coming up so as a gift to him I will be taking him to see you guys at the Glass House. I bought the tickets last week only to later find out that another show is coming up on the same day: Pete Townshend, Billy Corgan, and E at the Hotel Cafe. I'm sure you could imagine the dilemma I was faced with. I hope you'll be happy to know that I am missing the opportunity to see three of my favorite song writers so I can attend your show at the Glass House, but I also want you to know that I am demanding that you don't let me regret my decision. I'm not going to lie to you, I am putting a lot of pressure on you guys to rock me... hard... really fucking hard. I want you to rock me so hard that I will walk out of the Glass House saying "Pete who?" Also, I would like you to make this show extra special so I am requesting that you play one, two, or all of the following songs:

Immigration Song
Apple Trees
If I Only Had a Heart
Last Dance
Lorraine
Come Home Andrea
Curve in the Old 1-9
Los Angeles
D-Song

If you don't meet these high expectations that I have for this show, my disappointment will cause me to never attend one of your shows, listen to your music, or even speak of your band again. Please don't disappoint me.
You have balls. I like balls.

Fantastic Max

Not an unreasonable request.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

FireAarro

Quote from: Indoor Fireworks on October 21, 2006, 02:11:17 pm
Also, I would like you to make this show extra special so I am requesting that you play one, two, or all of the following songs:

i lol if they play 3 or 4
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

CT-700

I'll lol if this show is recorded and then they address this thread before/after one of those songs.

Zombie Don Ho

Holy poop, I totally would have gone to the Hotel Cafe show... no question. Especially given that you live in SoCal, where Ozma is likely to play many times in the relatively near future.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Planet of Sound on October 22, 2006, 01:08:57 pm
Holy poop, I totally would have gone to the Hotel Cafe show... no question. Especially given that you live in SoCal, where Ozma is likely to play many times in the relatively near future.

And if you live in LA, it's much closer than Pomona.  But I don't know where you live.

I like ozma

i dont think threatening the band is going to help your cause. but it would be cool if they played immigration song for you.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: FireAarro on October 21, 2006, 04:10:51 pm
Also, I would like you to make this show extra special so I am requesting that you play one, two, or all of the following songs:

i lol if they play 3 or 4

Quote from: CT-700 on October 22, 2006, 10:58:10 am
I'll lol if this show is recorded and then they address this thread before/after one of those songs.

I'd laugh out loud if you guys actually said the word "lol" in person..
-Donkey Lips

gloom-glaam

My friend's birthday is coming up so as a gift to him I will be taking him to see you guys at the Glass House. I bought the tickets last week only to later find out that another show is coming up on the same day: Pete Townshend, Billy Corgan, and E at the Hotel Cafe. I'm sure you could imagine the dilemma I was faced with. I hope you'll be happy to know that I am missing the opportunity to see three of my favorite song writers so I can attend your show at the Glass House, but I also want you to know that I am demanding that you don't let me regret my decision. I'm not going to lie to you, I am putting a lot of pressure on you guys to rock me... hard... really fucking hard. I want you to rock me so hard that I will walk out of the Glass House saying "Pete who?" Also, I would like you to make this show extra special so I am requesting that you play one, two, or all of the following songs:

Immigration Song
Apple Trees
If I Only Had a Heart
Last Dance
Lorraine
Come Home Andrea
Curve in the Old 1-9
Los Angeles
D-Song

If you don't meet these high expectations that I have for this show, my disappointment will cause me to never attend one of your shows, listen to your music, or even speak of your band again. Please don't disappoint me.

I hope the don't play any of those to spite you.

funwithsponges

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on October 22, 2006, 02:33:49 pm
I hope the don't play any of those to spite you.

I hope they play some of them so it means they start playing them regularly again.

Indoor Fireworks

PS: I will come on stage and juggle apples if you play "Apple Trees," but you must provide the apples. And they must be Granny Smith.

PPS: Granny Smith apples are delicious.
You have balls. I like balls.

amish

I wouldn't play any of them for you, even IF they were to be in the rotation anyways, just because of that statement.

Rome

October 23, 2006, 11:04:59 pm #12 Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 11:08:09 pm by Rome
Quote from: amish on October 23, 2006, 01:34:56 pm
I wouldn't play any of them for you, even IF they were to be in the rotation anyways, just because of that statement.

I wouldn't donate any money to the site, just because of that statement.

See? It's not so fun being on the other side, is it Joe?

edit** don't ban me plz

Colt45

Quote from: Rome on October 23, 2006, 11:04:59 pm

edit** don't ban me plz

PWN of the week
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

CT-700

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Colt45 on October 24, 2006, 09:19:38 am
Quote from: Rome on October 23, 2006, 11:04:59 pm

edit** don't ban me plz

PWN of the week

Not really. 
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Colt45

he edited his original, funnier statement.
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

gloom-glaam

Rome

WhoYouCallinWeez

noob question, PWN = ??

gloom-glaam

Player owned = powned = pwnd = pwn
But apparently this one was super and therefore was a PWN.

Rome

whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold on: pwnd isn't short for "player owned".

It's a mispelling of the word "owned" and was never fixed. I believe it was on Warcraft. noob.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Rome on October 26, 2006, 09:08:26 pm
whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold on: pwnd isn't short for "player owned".

It's a mispelling of the word "owned" and was never fixed. I believe it was on Warcraft. noob.

I'm almost certain "pwn" is much, much older than Warcraft.

Zombie Don Ho

i think the warcraft thing is correct.

and warcraft is really f-ing old, if you recall.

noonchild

Quote from: Planet of Sound on October 26, 2006, 10:14:06 pm

there's older.  I believe it was an earlier game.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

tom

"poned" was used a lot on Halo as I recall.

ps - wow frickin firefox 2.0 has a spell checker.

heyfloyd73

i've heard it's "power owned"

Rome

Here are my conflicting sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwn

either way, though, it's a mispelling that grew into a full-fledged noob-crushing insult.

FireAarro

Quote from: noonchild on October 27, 2006, 01:06:32 am
Quote from: Planet of Sound on October 26, 2006, 10:14:06 pm

there's older.  I believe it was an earlier game.

older than 12 years? :o
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Either way...who cares.              (Rhetorical)
-Donkey Lips