Previous topic - Next topic

Volt

Yeah, normally my band's production goes drum>bass>guitar>vocals>extra sounds

Not Jason

people realize I was joking right?
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

i think when you said it it didnt sound like a joke, but i can see that it was now.

Cantinflas Jim

WhoYouCallinWeez

you spelled it right. haha love the Moby avatar.

icecreamman

Quote from: Not Jason on December 21, 2006, 11:54:46 am
people realize I was joking right?
Yeah, but you have to admit people's reactions were pretty comical, right?

bulb dylan

grating. grating. grating.

Cantinflas Jim

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on December 20, 2006, 11:42:06 pm
I dunno hipsun, the way I record is I start with the overdubs, then I do the vocals.  Drums usually go on somewhere in post.

you use drums?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

I like ozma

if you listened to his songs you would hear the "drumlike" beats.

CT-700

Drums programmed via MicroKorg, correct?

hipsun

I like ozma

December 21, 2006, 08:52:04 pm #72 Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 08:57:45 pm by I like ozma.
thank you very much. that was the kind of video i was hoping for.

"not a song by ozuhmah"

WhoYouCallinWeez

haha. awesome vid, but i still have yet to hear this notorious "coffee shop girl". should i avoid it at all costs?

Zombie Don Ho

don't bother.

This is a rad video.

Cheese

Holy crap, check out that finger picking.

Not Jason

Dan is a very good guitarist.  Thank you for the video, keep posting them.

Quote from: CT-700 on December 21, 2006, 06:48:46 pm

Incorrect.  The MicroKorg has no sequencer, let alone drum sounds.  My beats are sequenced in FL studio.  I use primarily TR909 samples and homemade samples from my SR-16 (which isn't that stellar a drum machine, but it's got some good punchy sounds in it.  I rarely sequence on the actual drum machine, too much of a pain in my ass).  I plan on heading into my friend's basement studio to record professional quality songs with him providing live drums.  Anyway, that answers anybody's questions about my drums.  This thread, however, is not about my music, and there is a good reason for that (my music is very boring).  Anyway, I thought the idea of recording "overdubs" before any actual base level recording was absurd enough to qualify it as a joke, but I apologize for any ambiguity.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on December 22, 2006, 03:22:31 am
Dan is a very good guitarist.  Thank you for the video, keep posting them.

Quote from: CT-700 on December 21, 2006, 06:48:46 pm

Incorrect.  The MicroKorg has no sequencer, let alone drum sounds.  My beats are sequenced in FL studio.  I use primarily TR909 samples and homemade samples from my SR-16 (which isn't that stellar a drum machine, but it's got some good punchy sounds in it.  I rarely sequence on the actual drum machine, too much of a pain in my ass).  I plan on heading into my friend's basement studio to record professional quality songs with him providing live drums.  Anyway, that answers anybody's questions about my drums.  This thread, however, is not about my music, and there is a good reason for that (my music is very boring).  Anyway, I thought the idea of recording "overdubs" before any actual base level recording was absurd enough to qualify it as a joke, but I apologize for any ambiguity.

you use jokes?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Elliott

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 21, 2006, 09:12:37 pm
haha. awesome vid, but i still have yet to hear this notorious "coffee shop girl". should i avoid it at all costs?

http://webjay.org/iteminfo/20343418/b9bbfafb0c763d3fa43f1cd93a670dfd

Elliott

Quote from: Oatmeal on December 22, 2006, 08:47:18 am
Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 21, 2006, 09:12:37 pm

http://webjay.org/iteminfo/20343418/b9bbfafb0c763d3fa43f1cd93a670dfd

i used to think it really sounded like ozma, but not so much anymore.

I like ozma

sorry, i accidentally posted under oatmeals name ^

CT-700

Quote from: Not Jason on December 22, 2006, 03:22:31 am
Dan is a very good guitarist.

Yeah. I was very inpressed. And Ryen was hilarious with the whole Coffee Shop part.

I like ozma

ozma should just cover coffee shop girl.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea, i gave in and listened to Coffee Shop Girl. not the worst song ever written

Kyosho

December 23, 2006, 04:28:47 pm #84 Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 04:51:01 pm by Kyosho
If I'm not mistaken, that guitar Dan is playing is one of those $30 First Act child's guitars that you can buy at Walmart. In fact, I have the exact one sitting here beside me. Though I converted it to a baritone ukulele because the strings were too close together for my large fingers.

Edit: You know, maybe not. On re-watching it looks slightly bigger than mine. So, perhaps not.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

December 24, 2006, 07:42:33 pm #85 Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 07:48:06 pm by Not Jason
Quote from: Kyosho on December 23, 2006, 04:28:47 pm
If I'm not mistaken, that guitar Dan is playing is one of those $30 First Act child's guitars that you can buy at Walmart. In fact, I have the exact one sitting here beside me. Though I converted it to a baritone ukulele because the strings were too close together for my large fingers.

Edit: You know, maybe not. On re-watching it looks slightly bigger than mine. So, perhaps not.

It's a nylon string guitar.  As a rule, nylon string guitars run much smaller in size than your average steel string.  Another give away is that it's got the slotted headstock with sideways mounted tuning machines.  Any steel string guitar at that size would most likely be a fairly cheap guitar, but it's near impossible (unless you recognize the brand, which I don't) to speculate on the value of it.  That could likely be an very expensive high quality guitar.  The FirstAct ones, if I'm not mistaken, are all steel string guitars.  I bought my girlfriend one that's shaped like a strawberry for christmas.
I am the baseball.

Cheese

Ethan just got a First Act guitar.  It has flames on it.

CT-700

Its funny how FirstAct's most excessible gear for the public are those crappy walmart packs, yet their other guitars/basses are $2000+ custom shop models used by various professionals. Why is there such a gap in quality?

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on December 25, 2006, 09:19:50 am
Its funny how FirstAct's most excessible gear for the public are those crappy walmart packs, yet their other guitars/basses are $2000+ custom shop models used by various professionals. Why is there such a gap in quality?

i kind of like that though.  To be fair, their cheap instruments aren't that bad, they are just cheap and the features reflect that.
I am the baseball.

Cheese

Quote from: CT-700 on December 25, 2006, 09:19:50 am

I did not know that.