April 29, 2024, 02:12:32 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Introducing myself...

Started by L, January 16, 2007, 10:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claydarcy

I am sorry to say I took Ozma off my top 8. (Top 4.)

It reminded me of I Like Ozma when I saw it, and that's not cool.

CT-700

Quote from: Oatmeal on January 17, 2007, 08:16:28 am
Quote from: Tristan on January 17, 2007, 06:27:23 am
I'm glad you're not another of this current wave of n00bs.

There has been a current wave of noobs? Do you mean me? Do you mean the others such as "who you calling weez" or CT-700? Because although their newier than anyone besides l that comes to my mind I dont consider them newbies. I think their pretty decent board members. But I guess I am not considered a decent board member so my opinion does not matter much to many of you.

I am sorry if I am considered to be part of the annoying new wave of noobs. I try to be as non-noobish as possible. I like to think I know and practice pretty good forum etiquette. So again sorry for any annoyances/inconveniences.

Oatmeal, thanks for having my back, I got yours. +1

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 18, 2007, 08:37:42 pm #32 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:45:48 pm by Rock Candy
yea, thanks also for mentioning me in a postive light. im a noob in the boardie sense, but ive been into Ozma since 2000, so its not like i just got into them. +1 when i can +1 u again

i guess i do spend 100% of my time in the G.O.D., but i dont really use this forum to meet ppl from my area, or discuss my relationships with ppl i dont really know

p.s.s has anyone heard Joses' band H's Between Vowels? they cover since u've been gone. and it makes me cry in a way that ive never known.

I like ozma

January 19, 2007, 09:52:01 am #33 Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:54:03 am by I like ozma.
Quote from: Rock Candy on January 18, 2007, 08:37:42 pm
yea, thanks also for mentioning me in a postive light. im a noob in the boardie sense, but ive been into Ozma since 2000, so its not like i just got into them. +1 when i can +1 u again

i guess i do spend 100% of my time in the G.O.D., but i dont really use this forum to meet ppl from my area, or discuss my relationships with ppl i dont really know

p.s.s has anyone heard Joses' band H's Between Vowels? they cover since u've been gone. and it makes me cry in a way that ive never known.

when i first joined general ozma discussion was the place to be. now only about 5 revolving members actually ever post in it.

Quote from: Single ovary of one flower on January 18, 2007, 05:18:45 pm
I am sorry to say I took Ozma off my top 8. (Top 4.)

It reminded me of I Like Ozma when I saw it, and that's not cool.

i can change my picture so that you could put ozma back.

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on January 18, 2007, 05:48:46 pm
I am sorry if I am considered to be part of the annoying new wave of noobs.

Personally, you've never annoyed me and I've never had any problems with your forum etiquette.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

tom

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 19, 2007, 09:52:01 am
Quote from: Rock Candy on January 18, 2007, 08:37:42 pm

when i first joined general ozma discussion was the place to be. now only about 5 revolving members actually ever post in it.

G.O.D. has never, nor will ever be, more popular than O.T...no idea where you got that idea from.

I like their cover of Since you been gone, its great, but then again, i love that song no matter what.

I like ozma

sorry if i worded it wrong, my term "place to be" was an exaggeration of "had more people who talked on it"

kitten

it really only surges when ozma does something new.  other than that it's just you three.

WhoYouCallinWeez

sorry. just dont see the point of talkin about my relationships or movies with yall. i have other forums i talk about my movies in, and im so opionated and such a film snob, yall would argue with me far more. so im skippin it and i dont care if its 3 of us in the chats.

Not Jason

Quote from: tom on January 19, 2007, 05:17:07 pm
G.O.D. has never, nor will ever be, more popular than O.T...no idea where you got that idea from.

He's right.  I've been on this forum since the first day of its first incarnation, and as soon as Off Topic started, it's been more popular than any other sub forum.  There's really no point in stating it, and I do with G.O.D. were more happening, but like someone else said, until Ozma's doing something new, there's not much to discuss.
I am the baseball.

jvstin

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 19, 2007, 09:40:20 pm
sorry. just dont see the point of talkin about my relationships or movies with yall. i have other forums i talk about my movies in, and im so opionated and such a film snob, yall would argue with me far more. so im skippin it and i dont care if its 3 of us in the chats.
mostly everyone who posts in the movies thread is a film snob in one way or the other. try us.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I like ozma

January 19, 2007, 11:36:51 pm #41 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:55:28 am by I like ozma.
Quote from: Not Jason on January 19, 2007, 10:56:07 pm
Quote from: tom on January 19, 2007, 05:17:07 pm

He's right.Ã,  I've been on this forum since the first day of its first incarnation, and as soon as Off Topic started, it's been more popular than any other sub forum.Ã,  There's really no point in stating it, and I do with G.O.D. were more happening, but like someone else said, until Ozma's doing something new, there's not much to discuss.

nobody here actually LIKES ozma. except me you ct and oatmeal that is, and oatmeal left the forum.

Not Jason

that's untrue.  Our enthusiasm is just less outright than you guys.  I've been a fan of the band for a really long time now, and I don't say that to win me points by seniority, only to suggest that it takes more to get me excited because of that.  Right now, they're making a record, and that's exciting, yeah, but I mean, until they start touring and actually get us a product to hear, I don't really have much to talk about.
I am the baseball.

CT-700

Quote from: Not Jason on January 19, 2007, 03:52:06 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on January 18, 2007, 05:48:46 pm
I am sorry if I am considered to be part of the annoying new wave of noobs.

Personally, you've never annoyed me and I've never had any problems with your forum etiquette.

Thanks alot Jason  :)

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea, i understand about not being that excited about them right now, with only 3 albums weve had for 4+ years. but i still just love the music, and love talking about them. im hopin the new album will be here by may-ish.

wait, why/when did oatmeal leave? yes i know there are like 6 of us that talk about ozma regularly.

I like ozma

January 20, 2007, 05:16:33 pm #45 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 05:18:06 pm by I like ozma.
he left about three or four days ago for "personal" reasons and decisions.

its funny because it seems like only the people who actually like to talk about ozma are the ones with the negative karma (excluding the other mike)

WhoYouCallinWeez

o well, sorry im not gonna talk about my gfs or frickin video games,nothing is lamer than video games

claydarcy

Except thinking of nothing but Ozma and Weezer.

WhoYouCallinWeez

oh here u go again slamming on me as thou u know diddly about my interests. yea i love the hell out of weez n ozma, go play yr xstation 360 dude

funwithsponges

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 20, 2007, 07:59:30 pm
oh here u go again slamming on me as thou u know diddly about my interests. yea i love the hell out of weez n ozma, go play yr xstation 360 dude

Hahahaha, is this serious?

I like ozma

listen if you guys dont want to talk about ozma then get off the ozma discussion, if we talk about ozma on the off topic then you guys bash us. if you dont like us talking about ozma on an ozma board then leave.

claydarcy

January 21, 2007, 03:18:56 am #51 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:35:28 am by Single ovary of one flower
Well...you're not talking about Ozma when your discussion is about how you three are the only ones who care about the band. Nor are you talking about Ozma when you speak of how the people who troll G.O.D. and the rest of the forum have negative karma.

I like ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: Single ovary of one flower on January 21, 2007, 03:18:56 am
Well...you're not talking about Ozma when your discussion is about how you three are the only ones who care about the band. Nor are you talking about Ozma when you speak of how the people who troll G.O.D. and the rest of the forum have negative karma.

Well spoken.

The reason I don't post much in this forum anymore is because I don't see much of a point.  I've talked about Ozma so often and I know so much trivia, there's really not much for me to gain during this relative downtime.  I feel like you guys showed up FAR too late to the party to even make these kind of claims.  I can't help but feel a little annoyed when you guys make these kind of generalizations about a forum that's existed for about four years prior to your joining, and base it entirely on the forum's behavior during a period of relative inactivity (publicly) on the band's part.  Many people here have been highly devoted to Ozma for years and years.  I don't think it's fair to assume otherwise just because they aren't obsessively posting here over every little minor thing that happens.  And whatsisname is right, the entire point of this discussion is to establish yourself as better than us, which doesn't have a fuck of a lot to do with the band.

I never play video games, but I enjoy off topic.  Nor do I typically talk about my girlfriend.  It's a good venue for discussion of a LOT of stuff.  It's more than okay with me if you don't want to post there, but don't pull this superiority trip on the other members of the forum.  They are perfectly right to defend themselves when you claim that everyone on the forum but you few discuss nothing other than video games and relationships, so don't act so shocked that you pissed people off.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

January 21, 2007, 04:16:17 pm #54 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:19:15 pm by I like ozma.
Quote from: Not Jason on January 21, 2007, 02:41:35 pm

I've talked about Ozma so often and I know so much trivia, there's really not much for me to gain during this relative downtime.
\

just because you have nothing to gain does not mean you have nothing to share. i do not talk to people only to gain knowledge, but to possibly reminisce or just talk and share.

QuoteI never play video games, but I enjoy off topic.  Nor do I typically talk about my girlfriend.  It's a good venue for discussion of a LOT of stuff.  It's more than okay with me if you don't want to post there, but don't pull this superiority trip on the other members of the forum.  They are perfectly right to defend themselves when you claim that everyone on the forum but you few discuss nothing other than video games and relationships, so don't act so shocked that you pissed people off.

if it is someones decision to join an ozma board to talk about ozma then let them talk about ozma. maybe it is wrong of us to bash for mainly only being off topic but it is equally wrong to assume that you are more of a fan of ozma only because you joined this website four years before we did.

claydarcy

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 20, 2007, 07:59:30 pm
Woah, just noticed this.
lol. I wonder if that was on purpose--probably.

I don't game.

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteWoah, just noticed this.
lol. I wonder if that was on purpose--probably.

yes, i typed it on purpose. thats what u wanted , right? to fight with me for talkin about ozma and bashing gamers?

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 21, 2007, 04:16:17 pm
QuoteI never play video games, but I enjoy off topic.  Nor do I typically talk about my girlfriend.  It's a good venue for discussion of a LOT of stuff.  It's more than okay with me if you don't want to post there, but don't pull this superiority trip on the other members of the forum.  They are perfectly right to defend themselves when you claim that everyone on the forum but you few discuss nothing other than video games and relationships, so don't act so shocked that you pissed people off.

if it is someones decision to join an ozma board to talk about ozma then let them talk about ozma. maybe it is wrong of us to bash for mainly only being off topic but it is equally wrong to assume that you are more of a fan of ozma only because you joined this website four years before we did.

If I seemed to be saying this, I apologize.  That is not what I was trying to say.  The reason that I pointed out that I and others have been on this board for so long is to point out how our experience here has altered our posting behavior.  I think there is a lot more to being a fan than seniority.  I'm also not going to suggest that I'm a bigger fan than anybody.  I sincerely apologize if I seemed to be making any such implication.  I don't think being a fan has anything to do with how long you've liked somebody, how much effort you've put in or how much time and money you spend.  I've been known to make those mistakes in the past, but I think if you really love the music, that's what counts.  I'll try never to make an argument about what makes who a real or bigger fan.  And I do share information when I have it.  For example, I most recently contributed to that "Daniel Brummel on the cover of the Good Life" thread.  I've written up a very thorough discography based on information I worked very hard to acquire, and I have tried to share as much information as I could.  I wish I had the time to share more.  It's just a lot to juggle.
I am the baseball.

simpleton

The Off-Topic died when Xana left. The General Ozma Discussion died when Ozma broke up. Maybe about 2 weeks later. I'm looking forward to the new album!  :)

I like ozma

Quote from: Not Jason on January 22, 2007, 02:39:14 am
Quote from: I like ozma. on January 21, 2007, 04:16:17 pm

If I seemed to be saying this, I apologize.  That is not what I was trying to say.  The reason that I pointed out that I and others have been on this board for so long is to point out how our experience here has altered our posting behavior.  I think there is a lot more to being a fan than seniority.  I'm also not going to suggest that I'm a bigger fan than anybody.  I sincerely apologize if I seemed to be making any such implication.  I don't think being a fan has anything to do with how long you've liked somebody, how much effort you've put in or how much time and money you spend.  I've been known to make those mistakes in the past, but I think if you really love the music, that's what counts.  I'll try never to make an argument about what makes who a real or bigger fan.  And I do share information when I have it.  For example, I most recently contributed to that "Daniel Brummel on the cover of the Good Life" thread.  I've written up a very thorough discography based on information I worked very hard to acquire, and I have tried to share as much information as I could.  I wish I had the time to share more.  It's just a lot to juggle.

i likewise apologize for any miscommunication. thank you for sharing your information.