May 16, 2024, 08:56:57 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

may 17 - LA

Started by cesarsalad, May 17, 2007, 10:53:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cesarsalad

who's going to the show? i am. it's going to be awesome!!!  :)

The Argyle Rebellion

I would be going, but I have to work plus I have no reliable car.

I got to see them on Tuesday at Rhino, and I'm pretty damn sure next time they come around here I'll be able to get the day off and drive my then-fixed car to see them.

Make sure to post a review and stuff.

cesarsalad

Setlist:

Spending Time
Eponine
Fight the Darkness
Natalie Portman
Barriers
Incarnation Blues
Korobeiniki
No One Needs To Know
Shooting Stars
Underneath My Tree
Straight Flush
Battlescars
Rocks

Encore:
I Wonder
Wake Up
Domino Effect
Landing of Yuri Gagarin

---

fucking awesome show. ozma was on, the set list was awesome, the band was full of energy. the biggest gripe is the anemic crowd. what the hell? do something! i've been to some ozma shows back in the day where there were actually sizeable mosh pits and people were way more active than this.
in any case, this is probably about the 15th time i've seen them, and it could be my favorite one.

some cool highlights:
the drummer from the first band played with the band on tetris
towards the end of battlescars the same drummer jumped on jose's guitar and jose played drums, another guy was playing bass. the band doubled in loudness
same thing towards the end of rocks, the chick from the band started singing with them at the end

i wonder was dan on acoustic, and the drummer and star singing backup. it sounded pretty.

ozma, please play the old version of eponine!!

The Argyle Rebellion

I will say that does sound it was a great show... however, they didn't play Heartache acoustically?  I heard it at Rhino and it is a really impressive song.

Then again, if they played Wake Up, we're even.  I'd love to hear that song live at least once.

Thank you for the report.

Sincerely,
R.C.

cesarsalad

May 18, 2007, 01:49:53 am #4 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:53:33 am by cesarsalad
also fight the darkness just plain kicks ass. it almost sounds like a green album song, but with much more emotion. (and better music)

the encore was just sick. we started shouting ozma and didnt stop till they came back. star said the song was dedicated to someone. i wonder sounds pretty, then the band comes back and they play wake up. just when we think the concert is going to end, they play domino effect, which gets everyone super excited. and they do an extended outro for domino effect, ala 'the concert is over now'... yet they don't stop playing. the opening chords to landing of yuri gagarin are played and during that intro dan says 'this is it!'. haha. best encore ever. i don't think i've ever seen a 4-song encore.

nerd reich

Definitely an awesome show.  I would go so far as to say that it was the best show I've seen them play in four years.  UMT sounded huge.  They played the best version of battlescars I've seen- due to Jose hopping on the side drum set and banging away along with Kenn.  I wonder was Samuel live.  Probably the best I've ever been able to hear Star sing.  She can actually give rachel haden a run for her money.  This show was such redemption after the mediocre mix at chain reaction last night.  Did anyone else see that John Frusciante was in the crowd? 

cesarsalad

i might agree with you on that assessment. when the show was over, i was convinced that it was the best ozma show i've seen.. if only the crowd had appreciated it more!! oh well.

nerd reich

I was tempted to say that, the show definitely ranks up there with the greats
- the last time they played koo's cafe
- DDD release show
- Spending time release show

I almost am tempted to say this was a better show than the spending time release show at the el ray.

cesarsalad

the spending time release show was Samuel. didn't they play "Los Angeles" at that one? I wish they'd play those old songs once in a while...

funwithsponges

Where was this show?

noodles

At the Troubadour in Hollywood.

I agree it was a great show.  The Troubadour is my favorite place to see them.