April 29, 2024, 12:07:56 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

question: does anyone know how ozmas album sales are coming along?

Started by I Like Ozma, May 23, 2007, 06:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteNah, non-commercial radio is still fucking awesome, lets not lump everything together man.  Smiley

not familiar with any non commericial radio, unless u mean talk radio or NPR
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

heysarahsarah

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on July 03, 2007, 06:54:45 am
QuoteNah, non-commercial radio is still fucking awesome, lets not lump everything together man.  Smiley

not familiar with any non commercial radio, unless u mean talk radio or NPR

I'm referring to college radio, specifically, but there is a lot of public radio that is non-commercial and excellent.

I would suggest poking around, perhaps looiking up online local colleges to see if one has their own station.  My college's radio station (where I wasa dj for a while), is dedicated to bringing music&talk to the community that they can't get anywhere else.  And Ozma has been played by the station many-a-time.

You can look up non-commercial stations near you here:
http://www.gumbopages.com/other-radio.html
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Not Jason

also, not all college radio is cool either.  one of the college stations in town is worse than any of the mainstream stations around here.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Oatmeal

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Джесси

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on July 03, 2007, 06:54:45 am

not familiar with any non commericial radio, unless u mean talk radio or NPR

Do you live in Dallas or Ft. Worth? If the latter, there is 88.7 The Choice.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

I Like Ozma

all we have where oatmeal and i live are "alternative" rock stations, rap and country
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteDo you live in Dallas or Ft. Worth? If the latter, there is 88.7 The Choice.

dallas. i think its 87.9 is KNON and theres a UNT station, and a Mesquite HS station that ive heard of, but i dunno the stations numbers.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

Cirdan

Quote from: Not Jason on June 21, 2007, 04:55:33 pm
Ozma, however, is vaguely comparable to what that's currently successful?  Anything?  Not really.  With few exceptions, you need to ride on some current wave.

I'm a bit late, I know... but i tend to disagree. While there is not much American music that is really similar, there are several international bands that would come into my mind. Eg the Kaiser Chiefs or the latest Muse album, i think Starlight would have fitted perfectly onto Pasadena :)  I'd say the latest Billy Talent single (Surrender) also sounds remotely like barriers or motorology, though generally they play more uptempo punk stuff. You could also argue that they are not that successfull, but they are really big in Canada and Germany. And regarding Germany, several local bands come into my mind that are more or less similar to ozma and pretty successfull here, though you have probably never heard of any of them (wir sind helden, juli, sportfreunde stiller).

Of course, Ozma would need to publish the album and come touring europe, if they want to sell records here (*hinthinthint* ;))

Not Jason

Well, my argument is basically for singles like "Eponine" and "No One Needs to Know".  I believe a song like HVH has strong potential, but the current singles do not mesh at all with the direction of modern pop.
I am the baseball.

Seb

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on July 02, 2007, 05:13:48 pm
wouldn't it be a better world if everyone TURNED THE RADIO OFF!

YEAH! Let's just sack off a hundred-odd year old medium because we don't like the music that most mainstream stations play! That'll learn 'em!

Saying that "radio sucks" just because mainstream commercial radio plays crap music is like... well... it's like saying that "music sucks" just because of all the shit that fills the charts.

Sorry, but as someone with a deep-seated love and passion for radio as a medium, I found your comment extremely offensive. Don't slag off the medium just because of the crap that most people use it for.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteSorry, but as someone with a deep-seated love and passion for radio as a medium, I found your comment extremely offensive

:'( . lol

jvstin

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on July 13, 2007, 06:11:31 pm
QuoteSorry, but as someone with a deep-seated love and passion for radio as a medium, I found your comment extremely offensive

:'( . lol
you're wrong. lol
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Rome

i think that we should all listen to bands that aren't on the radio, and then once they are on the radio, stop listening to them because of how big of sellouts they become, and how crappy their music became!!!!!!!

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Martha Gail

Quote from: Rome on July 24, 2007, 04:53:37 pm
i think that we should all listen to bands that aren't on the radio, and then once they are on the radio, stop listening to them because of how big of sellouts they become, and how crappy their music became!!!!!!!

Or talk about how you liked them before they got famous. 
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Not Jason

Quote from: Martha Gail on July 26, 2007, 12:08:27 pm
Quote from: Rome on July 24, 2007, 04:53:37 pm

Or talk about how you liked them before they got famous. 

no, that's stupid.  You should talk about how you disliked them even before they got big.
I am the baseball.

Rome