Voting closed: June 15, 2007, 10:51:09 pm

Fantastic Max

Guess the Barriers weren't strong enough, and were easily penetrated  :-\

2 days this time.

Let the games begin!
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

yoshigaki

Damn.  Barriers was fun to sing.  So too is Straight Flush (which is also, in my opinion, one of the album's stronger).

I'm once again going for HvH, despite the island lyric you all mentioned.  It's nice, but everyone's got an island lyric.  I mean the reference is hundreds of years old.

gloom-glaam

Tch, big deal Plus, you forgot Sleeping in the Flowers by TMBG.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: yoshigaki on June 13, 2007, 11:32:36 pm
Damn.  Barriers was fun to sing.  So too is Straight Flush (which is also, in my opinion, one of the album's stronger).

I'm once again going for HvH, despite the island lyric you all mentioned.  It's nice, but everyone's got an island lyric.  I mean the reference is hundreds of years old.

I'm convinced you're crazy.

But anyway, I voted Underneath My Tree, because it's my least favorite of those left.  All the songs left are really good and this is gunna be tough.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

yoshigaki

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on June 14, 2007, 08:31:20 am
Tch, big deal Plus, you forgot Sleeping in the Flowers by TMBG.

And Cake.  What the hell was I on?

Martha Gail

I don't understand how Lunchbreak is losing.  It's soooo good. 
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

I Like Ozma

straight flush is the worst song left. vote for it or die.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

machatte

Just call the next round:  "which is your favorite DB song on the new ozma record" ... seriously.

VanSlegr Fan

Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

I Like Ozma

ouch... but that is oh so true

the best song on the album though is either d song or motorology. dont worry ryen i still like your song writing a little better.

VanSlegr Fan

i do love Ryen's music as well, i just don't think holds a candle to his earlier songs.

id have to say Incarnations Blues/Underneath My Tree are the best one the album.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

The Other Jon

I can't believe you jerks don't like Lunchbreak.  :P

Anyway, I think I Wonder is the weakest of the songs left, though I still like it a lot.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: machatte on June 14, 2007, 04:17:38 pm
Just call the next round:  "which is your favorite DB song on the new ozma record" ... seriously.

I think it still holds true, that Dan and Ryen are like Lennon and McCartney. Dan with the lyrics and Ryen with the kickin' music. And when yall's get together, magic happens.

I like to hear another real trade-off-vocals song kinda like flight of the Bootymaster or something. Or Battlescars, for examples of dual efforts.
-Donkey Lips

wepeel

Lunchbreak is one of those songs that is secretly the greatest song ever. you just have to listen more closely!

VanSlegr Fan

yknow i dont hate lunchbreak, i dont hate ANYTHING on this album, but, like all the best albums, it has its weakest points. i will say this lunchbreak ROCKSSSSSSSS live. i mean WOW did i appreciate it so much more live, ala Fight the Darkness. and Ryen said we in Dallas were the 2nd audience to ever hear the song live.

I Like Ozma

i tried to get them to play lunchbreak but they wouldnt...

wepeel

yeah, totally. I hope New York gets some Lunchbreak action.

brad

anyone else only listen to 1, 5, 8-11?

i like the album, but thats all i listen to anymore

Fantastic Max

June 14, 2007, 09:04:36 pm #19 Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:06:19 pm by Fantastic Max
Quote from: brad on June 14, 2007, 08:57:46 pm
anyone else only listen to 1, 5, 8-11?

What about Incarnation Blues? And sometimes I get bored of I Wonder, yet I still love it. But I still listen to the whole album in its entirety.

Wow though, Straight Flush is catchin up.
-Donkey Lips

Oatmeal

Quote from: I Like Ozma on June 14, 2007, 07:58:38 pm
i tried to get them to play lunchbreak but they wouldnt...
copy cat

Ryen wrties great stuff still. Lunchbreak is one of my favorite on the cd. However the other two of his are probally my least favorite besides the remade songs.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

VanSlegr Fan

Quoteanyone else only listen to 1, 5, 8-11?

WOW how is there NO love for In.Blues? ummmm.....im fairly certain that will win the album fav, as im sure its predominantly the fan fav. wow. sorry. i know, diff. tastes

that being said i do 5,6,8-11. ill listen to the others someeeeeeeeeeetimes, but rarely,honestly.

Martha Gail

I hate this game.  The songs I like are always the ones to get voted off.  Just give Lunchbreak a chance!
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

brad

Quote from: HammerTap on June 15, 2007, 07:12:47 am
Quoteanyone else only listen to 1, 5, 8-11?

WOW how is there NO love for In.Blues? ummmm.....im fairly certain that will win the album fav, as im sure its predominantly the fan fav. wow. sorry. i know, diff. tastes

that being said i do 5,6,8-11. ill listen to the others someeeeeeeeeeetimes, but rarely,honestly.

i guess the yes dear "orion" solo throws me off.  i'm really surprised about the hatred for "no one needs to know."  i think it sounds Samuel.  brummels voice is so good on it and the guitars sound great.

Steveguy

Quote from: Martha Gail on June 15, 2007, 07:56:39 am
I hate this game.  The songs I like are always the ones to get voted off.  Just give Lunchbreak a chance!

I'm with you! At first listen I didn't really dig the song, but after a few times around I'm finding myself singing at the top of my lungs in the car....It's kinda embarrassing..... ;D

Джесси

I'm sad that I voted so soon...not on Lunchbreak, but on Underneath My Tree. If only I could go back...just...to vote for Straight Flush...and try to save Lunchbreak  :'(

Seriously though. I really love Lunchbreak. I remember reading the lyrics and loving them even before hearing the song. Come on everybody..."cupcake, the fucking cupcake." How can you say goodbye to that?
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

gloom-glaam

I agree very much with your first line of text.

Oatmeal

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

VanSlegr Fan

Quote"cupcake, the fucking cupcake." How can you say goodbye to that?

bc we here in Dallas were the audience that heard the lyric change. and i agree with Hipsun, it IS easily the worst lyric on the record.

Quotei'm really surprised about the hatred for "no one needs to know."  i think it sounds Samuel.  brummels voice is so good on it and the guitars sound great.

i should clarify, i dont HATE 1-4, but NONTK was better in the context of DDD, and Ep was cut way to short. 2, 4 i just have to be int he mood to hear. its just to Yes Dear and not Ozma enough? if thats right....

CT-700

Actually everytime since the first time I heard Lunchbreak, I always sing along "cupcake, the fucking cupcake" during the little telephone dial synth part after "and when you reached for the cupcake". So I find this extremely funny/coincidental.