May 02, 2024, 10:48:21 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Is Anyone going to the October 11th show? (aka the greatest show EVER!)

Started by I Like Ozma, September 05, 2007, 09:54:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I Like Ozma

hopefully oatmeal and I along with some other friends will be going, but im not sure yet... Anyone else?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Fantastic Max

I'll leave right after my class, to go, but wtf does this mean?:

KROQ Locals Only?
Does that mean like a humorous, "Only LA people, haha!...JOKE!"
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

does star just get hotter and hotter as the days go by?

funwithsponges

That's a really odd, but cool flyer.  I like it a lot.

CT-700

As quoted from myspace bulletin:

QuoteWe're headlining @ the knitting factory(LA) october 11th (w/ new years day & satisfaction) --please come by.. I think we're busting out some OLD songs at that show. PRE-rock-and-roll-part 3 stuff! do it.

I Like Ozma

That SUCKS!!!!!!!! i dont think ill be able to go anymore either.

Jeff42

Quote from: CT-700 on September 30, 2007, 03:48:22 pm
As quoted from myspace bulletin:

QuoteWe're headlining @ the knitting factory(LA) october 11th (w/ new years day & satisfaction) --please come by.. I think we're busting out some OLD songs at that show. PRE-rock-and-roll-part 3 stuff! do it.
I hope someone records the show.

Oatmeal

October 01, 2007, 10:06:34 pm #7 Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:07:57 pm by oatmeal
"Bob" hint hint
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Fantastic Max

Quote from: oatmeal on October 01, 2007, 10:06:34 pm
"Bob" hint hint
I just bought my ticket.

Is Bob going? Because my camera's audio sucks when it's that loud, and I'm right in front of the speakers. Ozma's the only band i lose my voice for, haha. I refuse to sit in the back/balcony to get better video sound.

But anyways, I want a list of who's going this time, so I can meet all yall's. At that reunion show last March, apparently a lot of forumers were there and I didn't meet a single one.
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

im gonna be there!!! with "the ozman" whos birthday it is today.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 09, 2007, 09:53:39 pm
im gonna be there!!! with "the ozman" whos birthday it is today.
Hey email me at ozmacity@yahoo.com for your info or cell or something.
AIM: ozmacity

or

http://www.myspace.com/turtlefat

Me and my friend Corey will be there tonight.
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

cesarsalad

Fantastic Max

Quote from: cesarsalad on October 11, 2007, 12:49:29 pm
me and 4 friends are going. YAY! GO OZMA
Find us, and we'll have a little section of us all singing the lyrics the loudest, and with the most passion! ha.

I'm wearing jeans and a gray dress shirt. Curly brown hair. Gray converse.
-Donkey Lips

cesarsalad

Quote from: Fantastic Max on October 11, 2007, 03:31:01 pm
Quote from: cesarsalad on October 11, 2007, 12:49:29 pm
me and 4 friends are going. YAY! GO OZMA
Find us, and we'll have a little section of us all singing the lyrics the loudest, and with the most passion! ha.

I'm wearing jeans and a gray dress shirt. Curly brown hair. Gray converse.

i was basically front center with 4 other friends jumping around like idiots.

the set list was RIDICULOUS. you guys aren't going to believe it. i wish i wrote down the order but it doesn't matter. they played these songs:

lorraine, rain of the golden gorilla, iceland (!!!!! all in their entirety)
baseball, domino effect, if i only had a heart, 1988, natalie portman, rocks, shooting stars
continental drift, flight of the bootymaster, immigration song, landing of yuri gagarin
eponine, game over
fight the darkness, heartache vs heartbreak (full electric), incarnation blues, lunchbreak

they started with <3 then played eponine, fight, and i start forgetting. they played rain of the golden gorilla right after lorraine. when they asked how many people hadn't heard lorraine before almost everyone raised their hand (but people were still moving to it). before the first encore they did rocks, iceland, 1988 (i think in that order). they came back with game over, domino, landing and ended with baseball. the show was basically perfect. if only they had thrown in korobeiniki at the very end i think there would have been a riot.

this show is going to be legendary. the crowd was ridiculously awesome, reminds me of the old days when they really got into the music. people were moshing during flight of the bootymaster of all songs. rocks was ridiculous.

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

I Like Ozma

October 12, 2007, 01:16:53 am #16 Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:25:11 am by I Like Ozma
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

THAT WAS THE GREATEST SHOW EVER TO BE PLAYED BY ANYONE AT ANYTIME.

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY CHANGING MY NAME TO I LOVE OZMA.

p.s. correction, iceland was not played in its entirety because they switched to another song which i have now forgotten.

Fantastic max and i FINALLY met after saying that we would for about a year now.

cesarsalad what do you look like? i was there with two of my buddies and i was wearing a grey sweater with stripes.

i even met matt sharp after the show for the cherry on top! also daniel recognized me and said "what is your real name by the way" and i said "ronnie" and he said "well its nice to see you ronnie" it was AWESOME!

WOW THAT SHOW WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLY Samuel!!!!!!!  (sorry for the bold and caps, but this show deserves it.)

amish

I hope a bootleg or even an official Live Album appear for this.

cesarsalad

Quote from: I LOVE Ozma on October 12, 2007, 01:16:53 am
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

THAT WAS THE GREATEST SHOW EVER TO BE PLAYED BY ANYONE AT ANYTIME.

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY CHANGING MY NAME TO I LOVE OZMA.

p.s. correction, iceland was not played in its entirety because they switched to another song which i have now forgotten.

Fantastic max and i FINALLY met after saying that we would for about a year now.

cesarsalad what do you look like? i was there with two of my buddies and i was wearing a grey sweater with stripes.

i even met matt sharp after the show for the cherry on top! also daniel recognized me and said "what is your real name by the way" and i said "ronnie" and he said "well its nice to see you ronnie" it was AWESOME!

WOW THAT SHOW WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLY Samuel!!!!!!!  (sorry for the bold and caps, but this show deserves it.)

i was wearing glasses, a green beanie, and an ozma shirt, the astronaut one (i had just bought the shirt for 5 bucks and put it on top of my other shirt so i don't lose it, i'm not a tool)

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Joe on October 12, 2007, 03:47:38 am
I hope a bootleg or even an official Live Album appear for this.

jose said that they didnt have anyone record it, but i know Fantastic max recorded a lot of the songs.

He also said after the show that after that concert they probably wouldnt play a lot of those songs again. but it seems like with how great that show was and how the audience was feeling it, they should do that setlist EVERYNIGHT

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Alex

We can blast way inside

Zombie Don Ho

KeithNYD

Alright, don't laugh at me Jose or Ryen or whoever is reading this, but I registered for your message board. Last night was the best I've ever seen Ozma rock, and I've seen 'em plenty since we've toured with them. I really had no other reason for posting except to say THANK YOU for putting so much heart and soul into the best show I've ever seen you play, and it's a shame that it wasn't recorded. Guess we'll have to rely on crummy youtube quality clips. Thank you guys so much for having us on the show as main support as well - we love you and you're the best friends and best band that we've ever had the honor of touring with. Extra super duper mucho love, and I'll talk to you guys soon.

Also, THANK YOU to every single person in the audience that showed love by singing along to their new AND old stuff. It was an insane setlist, and the crowd's enthusiasm made it feel exactly like shows are SUPPOSED to feel. Thank you Ozma, and thank you to the audience for putting up with us opening bands while you were waiting for the dopest band on Earth. :)

Keith

P.S. I think I should get some props for being one of the reasons they played Iceland, since Star borrowed my Wah pedal at the last second. :) Woohoo!!

I Like Ozma

Mucho propositionos to you.

its weird because if you go on ozmas myspace page and see all of the comments of people that went to their show last night, and the feedback on here (such as a member of another band even thanking ozma for their setlist) you would think that ozma would have more shows like this or would have had recorded it. last night just felt like that was the way an ozma show should feel and i think everyone felt it.

EDIT: someone on their myspace page just had a very interesting theory. they asked if ozma broke up again. they were giving away stickers, their t-shirts were only five dollars, the guy from new years day said that it was too bad that they cant tour with them anymore. matt sharp was there? and why else would they play all of those Samuel songs?

Steveguy

Quote from: I LOVE Ozma on October 12, 2007, 07:59:47 pm
EDIT: someone on their myspace page just had a very interesting theory. they asked if ozma broke up again. they were giving away stickers, their t-shirts were only five dollars, the guy from new years day said that it was too bad that they cant tour with them anymore. matt sharp was there? and why else would they play all of those Samuel songs?

I read that comment on myspace and came straight here.  It is an interesting theory....I just hope that it will continue to be just a theory.  I can't believe I missed the greatest show ever. :-[

Fantastic Max

October 12, 2007, 08:41:44 pm #27 Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:49:21 pm by Fantastic Max
Quote from: cesarsalad on October 11, 2007, 11:58:51 pm

Was one of your friends the kind of chunky guy who was trying to sing "Natalie Portman" dramatically and then after the show interrupted our conversation with Dan, to say some dumbass crap that made him leave? Gah, that guy was annoying. I think his shirt was striped or something.

Anyways, Ronnie was right, I filmed basically 80% of the show, and all of the rare songs. I'll post em' all on YouTube soon, when I get some time.
-Donkey Lips

theozman

I have been to many concerts from ozma....... THIS 1 had to have been THE BEST one i have ever seen by far... Also sorry but i was one of those idiots front and middle jumping around acting a fool along with I LOVE OZMA which he said would be his name would be when we were leaving the show.......... We also met up with FANTASTIC MAX and he is a really cool guy...
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Fantastic Max on October 12, 2007, 08:41:44 pm
Quote from: cesarsalad on October 11, 2007, 11:58:51 pm

Was one of your friends the kind of chunky guy who was trying to sing "Natalie Portman" dramatically and then after the show interrupted our conversation with Dan, to say some dumbass crap that made him leave? Gah, that guy was annoying. I think his shirt was striped or something.

Anyways, Ronnie was right, I filmed basically 80% of the show, and all of the rare songs. I'll post em' all on YouTube soon, when I get some time.

oh yeah i wanted to punch that stupid kid in the face, he ruined our long awaited chat with daniel to say "i too am a songwriter and your better than flogging molly"