May 03, 2024, 12:25:32 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

I dont wanna waste my time.

Started by I Like Ozma, November 18, 2007, 03:52:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I Like Ozma

why doesnt the acoustic version of rain have the "i know the end is near" line? anyone know? huh huh?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

noonchild

I think for a slower acoustic song the extra line might drag it out to long.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

I Like Ozma

yeah thats probably it, but they should have just not repeated the first verse and did the third instead. imo.

i think i really like the tempo and the vocals on the acoustic as opposed to the electric.
its really hard to tell who is singing lead, is it dan or ryen? at first thought i would think ryen, but the way its sung has a lot of dans traits. it sounds so scruffy like he just woke up.

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Kyosho

You people. Not knowing your Ozma trivia. That's Ryen singing in the digevent version. He had a sore throat that day (which I think made him sound Samuel on all those songs).
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

I think the most likely excuse for any difference in the lyrics is probably human error.  Those were recorded live after all.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

i was very close to making this a new thread but i decided not to.

has anyone else noticed that the very very very intro part of "rain of the golden gorilla" electric version is A LOT like the very very very intro part to "big girls dont cry" from Fergie?

FireAarro

It's a pretty cliché intro, and quite simple.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

pygmy twylyte

December 03, 2007, 02:41:23 pm #8 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:25:23 am by pygmy twylyte
never noticed that, but its similar to what i was going to ask.

anyone notice that the vocals in the acoustic version kind of sound like the dude from third eye blind(not goo goo dolls like i said earlier)?