May 02, 2024, 09:41:58 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma preformance on The Sweater Show 2001

Started by SickNick89, December 16, 2007, 02:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SickNick89

does anyone have a recording of this? i recorded it when it aired but have misplace it since.

VanSlegr Fan

sweet, hope someone posts the link or the audio. What songs were performed? Lorraine and Iceland?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Not Jason

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on December 16, 2007, 03:13:46 pm
sweet, hope someone posts the link or the audio. What songs were performed? Lorraine and Iceland?

um, no.  Ozma quit playing those songs a LONG time ago, and it's only been recently that they've started bringing back those oldies.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

VanSlegr Fan

felt it was obvious i was joking.

anyways back to my question, does anyone know what songs they played? HvH or Eponine would be my guess
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

CT-700

VanSlegr Fan

December 16, 2007, 07:50:50 pm #5 Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:19:17 pm by VanSlegr Fan
No, that wasn't a joke. Eponine is a single from there latest album, makes perfect sense they'd play it.

ok fine, sorry i didn't see the 2001 part. Though even from 2001 they still coulda played Eponine, but not likely.  :P

Not Jason

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on December 16, 2007, 07:50:50 pm
Though even from 2001 they still coulda played Eponine, but not likely.  :P

Actually, it's not only highly likey, but I'm pretty sure they did.  I know for a fact they played "Game Over".  "Eponine" has been one of their strongest staples for as long as I have been a fan (at least 7 years).  I have this bootleg, but it's one of the many things that are currently inaccessible on my crashed desktop computer.
I am the baseball.

amish

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on December 17, 2007, 10:52:33 am
Quotedoes anyone have a recording of this?

really wasn't worth quoting again, I mean the topic has only been around for about 24 hours. Not to mention we've had a bootleg FTP server running for months now, so if it's not in there I really doubt anyone has it.

amish

Not Jason

Quote from: GLaDOS on December 17, 2007, 05:18:52 pm
I really doubt anyone has it.

did people miss the part where I said I have it?  It's currently inaccessible to me because it's on a computer that's dead, but I do have it, and since I have it, I know other people have it too.
I am the baseball.

VanSlegr Fan

Yes Jason, you have it. I see this. But i ask if anyone else has it, since you can't access it.

Not Jason

Someone else has GOT to have it though.  It was a pretty heavily circulated show.  It might be labeled as "live at KUCI" or something like that, but I know I'm not the only person who's ever heard it.  That's my point.
I am the baseball.

CT-700

December 18, 2007, 07:25:42 pm #12 Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:35:09 pm by CT-700
Quote from: Not Jason on December 18, 2007, 02:15:08 pm
Someone else has GOT to have it though.  It was a pretty heavily circulated show.  It might be labeled as "live at KUCI" or something like that, but I know I'm not the only person who's ever heard it.  That's my point.
Quote from: Not Jason on December 17, 2007, 12:55:55 am
I know for a fact they played "Game Over".

Isn't it this show on the FTP server?

Ozma - 2001-01-24 KUCI Radio, Irvince, CA

-Gameover
-The Ups and Downs
-Eponine
-If I Only Had a Heart
-Shootingstars
-Korobeiniki
-Battlescars
-Domino Effect -> 1988
-Rocks
-Interview
-Interview

I've listened to this before and I swear the host mentioned it was the "Sweater Show". If this is also the same one I am thinking of, everything is mic'ed superbly except lead guitar which is super quiet.

EDIT: I re-downloaded it from the FTP and listened to it, and this is in fact the fabled Sweater Show. Case closed.