May 02, 2024, 09:47:18 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Please vote for Daniel's Health and Happiness video!

Started by L, March 03, 2008, 09:32:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L

Daniel's video for Health and Happiness is entered in the First Tracks competition on Gather! First prize is having a record released by Decca, so this would be a good thing to win!

Please help by voting daily and spreading the word so that others will vote.

You can find the video here:

http://www.gather.com/viewVideo.jsp?id=11821949021859293&grpId=3659174697251734&nav=Groupspace

Kyosho

Oh sweet. Didn't even know he'd made a video. It's pretty cool.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how do you vote?

Edit: Doh. You click the red "vote" button in the thing that looks about the size of a standard internet ad. No wonder I didn't notice it.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

L

Quote from: Kyosho on March 03, 2008, 04:49:39 pm
Oh sweet. Didn't even know he'd made a video. It's pretty cool.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how do you vote?

Edit: Doh. You click the red "vote" button in the thing that looks about the size of a standard internet ad. No wonder I didn't notice it.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with the voting mechanism there, but what can you do. Thanks!

Remember you can vote every day, so give him another vote tomorrow. This part of the contest goes on till March 17th, and then if he makes it to the next round he'll get to send in another song!

Oatmeal

That video is pretty cool. Thanks for the information about it! :D
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

gloom-glaam

awesome!  I love the video!-- I'm confused about the aspect ratio and widescreen mattes though? .. :/ (I'm not just being a film nerd, I'm wondering what the intentions were, if any)
I'm going to vote too.  Thanks for letting us know about this!

L

Thanks to everyone who has been voting! 

So far he has 75 votes - let's try to break 100 at least. :)

Remember, you can vote once per day until the 17th.

I Like Ozma

im sorry but i cant vote for it, as much as i love daniel.

Kyosho

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

because i cannot disrespect my consience and allow myself to vote for a song that i really dont like. and a poorly acted video. i wish it was a video for a better song.

Kyosho

Ah. So, you Like Ozma but you don't Like Daniel.

You do realize that if he goes on, he gets to post another video, right? If you don't like this one, you might the next. I'm not quite sure how you could not want to support him. I'm sure some one will say you're "standing up for what you believe in" but that's a load of crap, I'm sorry to say. It doesn't apply here. I've got nothing against you. In fact I like your posts usually. But you make absolutely no sense to me at this moment. I respect your opinion on the song and video (which I don't agree with on either count, not that it matters), but how can you be an Ozma fan and not want to help Daniel?

I Like Ozma

i agree with that point, and that is actually what makes me want to vote for him but how can i say "look world, this is my favorite song writer. Just check out his video THAT I DONT LIKE IN ANY WAY" it just kind of seems hypocritical. if he does go on and posts a better video then i will support him whole souled. just not this one.

theozman

Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

Oatmeal

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 07, 2008, 02:18:06 pm
i agree with that point, and that is actually what makes me want to vote for him but how can i say "look world, this is my favorite song writer. Just check out his video THAT I DONT LIKE IN ANY WAY" it just kind of seems hypocritical. if he does go on and posts a better video then i will support him whole souled. just not this one.
What don't you like about it?
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

k24

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 07, 2008, 02:18:06 pm

you're kind of a loser.

I Like Ozma

CT-700

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 10, 2008, 04:45:53 pm
i drink loser juice...

Thats my email address (which happens to be over six years old)...

I Like Ozma

yeah, thats where i got if from. thats why i put the dots.

Not Jason

So let's say you and your friend are walking down the street.  Some giant guy passes going the other direction, and your friend says, under his breath, "man, look at that douche bag."  The guy hears and he turns around and yells back "What did you say?"  You're friend was clearly being sort of an asshole calling this random dude a douche bag, and you know it.  It was a totally reckless and unnecessary thing to do, and honestly, you're kind of pissed off at him for doing it.  Still, you have a choice.  You could say, "yeah, scary guy, my friend called you a douche bag.  kick his ass!"  or you could support your friend's defense that he was talking about something else entirely and this is all a big misunderstanding.

That is why you should vote for Dan's video, because he is your friend, and you should totally back him up.  Is it more worthwhile to defend your relatively trivial stance on a video and a song, or to see your friend succeed?  If you are so concerned about how your anonymous vote will hurt your credibility that you are willing to condemn Daniel Brummel to failure, than I believe you have made the wrong choice.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

That analogy would have almost been supportive if you had not have used the '"yeah, scary guy, my friend called you a douche bag."' because i WOULD say to my friend "you made your bed" and watch him get beat up.

same with daniel "you made a song and video that i dont like"

IN OTHER NEWS: The song is slightly starting to grow on me, as where the video gets worse and worse as i watch it.

Quote from: Not Jason on March 11, 2008, 05:30:58 am
So let's say you and your friend are walking down the street....

I started laughing and got very satisfied simply from reading that first clause.  I knew it would be a fine analogy, and it was.  Better, in fact, than I expected.

To I Like Ozma:  Be careful.  People deserve to be forgiven--especially by their friends--and you aren't going to have many friends stick with you if they can't rely on you in times of need.

lit

Eh, whatever. Anyway, I think the video itself is irrelevant. It seems to me that the contest is about who makes the best music, and not who has the best video. If the song ever does grow on you enough, I hope you do vote for it, regardless of how awful you think the video is.
- jmurda

Kyosho

So how did Daniel do that round? I see voting has ended.

L

Quote from: Kyosho on March 17, 2008, 07:27:56 pm
So how did Daniel do that round? I see voting has ended.

He's made it to round two - thanks to everyone who voted! 

Voting will start on the 24th on his second video - will post the URL and details then!

I Like Ozma

can you tell us what the other video is at least?

L

Quote from: jamie lee on March 22, 2008, 07:11:56 pm
I think it's probably this one: http://www.gather.com/viewVideo.jsp?id=11821949021862339

Yep, that's it , but the voting button doesn't go up on it 'till the 24th. It'll be the same as last time where you can vote once per day.