May 03, 2024, 04:18:33 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Gameover

Started by Seb, April 07, 2008, 12:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seb

Does anyone have a version of Gameover - the proper, studio one from STOTB - that doesn't have the lead-in to Curve In The Old 1-9 at the end, but instead has the couple of chords to round it off in the style of the original acoustic version? I'd like it for a compilation album I'm making. Cheers!
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

brad

I don't know if something like that exists....you could just cut the studio recording off at 3:39 though...

Seb

This is the thing - I'm pretty sure I have heard it in the past. I've got a clear image of those chords clanging in my head. Unless it was a live version... but no, I'm sure there was an early demo version around somewhere that was basically the version that ended up on STOTB, but that just had that "proper" ending on it.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

The Other Mike

maybe on the radio promo version? I remember there was a slightly different tracklist...
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Oatmeal

April 07, 2008, 02:00:38 pm #4 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:14:17 pm by oatmeal
Ronnie(I like Ozma) has a promo version he bought off eBay when he tried to get the normal copy. It even has a sticker on it that says "Promotional copy. Do not resale. Do not sale on eBay.

Maybee he knows.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

The Other Mike

I think mine is long gone or buried in a box somewhere.

k24

i have mine floating around....even with the promo copy it still has the nylon string guitar at the end.
you are probably recalling a really great live version.

Not Jason

The promo version of the album does not have the end chords.  It has the intro to Curve at the end as well.

There is a THIRD version that nobody has mentioned yet though.  Months before STOTB leaked, "Gameover" was released on a Kung Fu comp.  This was a much earlier mix.  Now, I'm pretty sure that even that one ends without the final chords, but I haven't listened to it in years.  I do know for a fact that it did not have the curve in the old 1-9 at the end.

What you might be thinking of, Seb, is the studio clips on the enhanced CD.  On that, they show the song being ended correctly.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

Quote from: Not Jason on April 07, 2008, 04:32:00 pmThere is a THIRD version that nobody has mentioned yet though.  Months before STOTB leaked, "Gameover" was released on a Kung Fu comp.  This was a much earlier mix.  Now, I'm pretty sure that even that one ends without the final chords, but I haven't listened to it in years.  I do know for a fact that it did not have the curve in the old 1-9 at the end.

You beat me to it. I remember that too, and that totally has to be what Seb's talking about.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Seb

Ahhhhhh. Do you know, I think you're right. In that case, I'll have to see if the chords sound clean enough to manually put them on the end - if not, I'll just chop the Curve... intro off.

Cheers!

Oatmeal

Yeah the one for punk rock is your friend volume four ends with out chords then some guys starts talking and says "well we can't all be singers".

I Like Ozma

the promo copy does in fact have the lead into "curve in the old 1-9"
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

I Like Ozma

"machatte" should know.

gloom-glaam

Ryen, his name is Ryen.

Rome

Wow there is a lot of redundancies in this thread.
I'll join in!

Hey seb, the version you're looking for is not on STOTBL
It's not on the promo version either I just checked.
Maybe it's on the kung fu compilation #4? That ends with chords and not curve intro.
it's not on the stotbl promo version.
maybe someone from ozma knows what you're talking about

Oatmeal

April 08, 2008, 02:07:57 pm #15 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:09:18 pm by oatmeal
The Gameover on kung fu compilation #4 doesn't end with chords Rome.

I Like Ozma

April 08, 2008, 03:18:11 pm #16 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:19:15 pm by I Like Ozma
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on April 08, 2008, 01:05:42 pm
Ryen, his name is Ryen.
My name is Ronnie. Not Ryen.

k24

I Like Ozma

And you can't put apostrophes in there proper spot.

Rome

April 17, 2008, 11:40:19 am #19 Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 11:44:56 am by Rome
I would say you used "there" instead of "their" on purpose, but I know you aren't that smart.

Seb, I was just thinking about gameover in my head, and I have the odd sensation of an electric version ending with chords as well. But I could be remembering a show I attended. I realize this doesn't help you, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone.

The Other Mike

Quote from: I Make Oilz on April 17, 2008, 09:18:32 am
And you can't put apostrophes in there proper spot.

Do I have to put it in the official rules thread that you're* not allowed to correct anyone's grammar?

*you specifically, not "you" in the general sense

Not Jason

Another thing that might be clouding people's memories a little bit is the KUCI bootleg, which exists in a few different versions (all of them flawed in their own special ways, especially the one I edited).  In the months before STOTB anticipation really got moving, a stray MP3 from the KUCI bootleg started making the rounds, rumored to be a studio demo of "Gameover".  Of course it wasn't, it was a live version that sounded decently clean because it was recorded in a radio studio.  Subsequently, I somehow got a hold of the raw uncut WAV of the whole show (I think DanielPhase2 gave it to me) and I released a version to the internet with all the tracks separated.  The problem was that I was a complete moron and I encoded them at like 56k or something unforgivably low.  The point of all this is that the versions floating around the internet of this show are likely MUCH crappier sounding than they should be entirely because I was an idiot.  But initially, the version of the track that hit the web was pretty decent sounding AND included the ending chords.

So some of you MIGHT be thinking of that.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.