May 02, 2024, 08:41:16 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Straight Flush...Arg.

Started by Steveguy, April 10, 2008, 10:36:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveguy

Does anybody know how to play what ryen is playing around 3:05 - 3:10 of the song?  It's a little to quick for my ear.   :'(     

machatte

Oatmeal

April 10, 2008, 12:29:21 pm #2 Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:30:31 pm by oatmeal
And how on earth would you know?Ã, 
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

jvstin

probably would help to listen to a lot of the Scorpions too
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

machatte

I just listened to that song again.  most of the guitars on that track were kept from the live demo recording, and I remember being particularly surprised that I pulled off that line at the time even though it's not perfect.  I hadn't had the mini-humbuckers on my epiphone batwing re-potted yet so you can hear really exaggerated tone explosions around 3:35 that I've never been able to get out of the guitar since - lesson, if you have an old guitar just leave it the way it is and just use it for recording certain things, the person I took it to double dipped the pickups which I think sort of deadened the tone, still a great guitar though.  a great DB song with cool parts for the band to get into.

FireAarro

Is there any way to un-pot a pickup?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

The Other Mike

I would imagine you'd just have to use a wax solvent or a heat source, but I think heat might be bad for pickups.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

antiuser

Yeah excessive heat will burn off the varnish in the wires and pretty much kill the pickup.