Started by amish, April 04, 2005, 06:10:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

you, my friend, are the greatest
happy bday

Bob511

April 04, 2005, 09:00:16 am #2 Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 05:36:35 pm by Bob511
Oh my, that was an embarrassingly recorded bootleg. :-[
Note to others: Sony MDs do not have powered mic inputs....

amish

Bob : What is a fairly inexpensive way to bootleg, then? I am headed to a Weezer show in the upcoming months, and it is a small venue, and I would definitely like to bootleg it. So, suggestions?

PS - Thread stickied.

Bob511

April 04, 2005, 01:21:30 pm #4 Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 02:54:58 pm by Bob511
I don't know if there's really a "fairly inexpensive" means of live recording, starting from scratch; even the cheapest minidisc is gonna run you $50-$100.  Most of those will have powered mic inputs instead of/in addition to line-level line inputs, which should do a decent job with unpowered mics in medium-volume settings, though possibly overloading (and thus the clipping you can hear in these recordings) if it gets too loud.  Sonys (one of which I used for this recording) are the primary exceptions to that, I think, with some (most?) models only featuring line-level inputs; most MP3 recorders (like my Archos) will have the same problem, so you're left finding some form of powered mic (like the Sony ECM mic Dan let me borrow to record the second Monstro bootleg I did when I left my mic at home) or putting a battery box in between the deck and the mic (my standard rig).  Either way, you're looking at another $50-$100 at least for the power+mic half of the equation.

So yeah.  Basically, the cheapest way to do it is to borrow from someone who already paid for stuff.  Otherwise, you're going to be working up from $75-$100, the more you spend the better your equipment.

Potentially Tim

Happy birfday and downloading now. Thanks!

But wtf@"You Know the Story" not being followed by "Landing...?"

funwithsponges

Quote from: Bullies to go on April 04, 2005, 01:27:13 pm
But wtf@"You Know the Story" not being followed by "Landing...?"

It is, it's just all one track.

jvstin

again, THANK YOU X 3540956905476596598979

man...battlescars....man...
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Andy

yeah you the best
anyone possibly have a .zip? lol

amish

I could provide a .zip if that makes things easier for people. I originally intended to provide it as a .zip archive. But SOMEONE (Rieg) yelled at me and made me cry.

cesarsalad

jesus... that looks like one awesome fucking set

i miss ozma so much it makes me want to cry.  :'(

Bob511

Quote from: amish on April 04, 2005, 08:12:52 pm
I could provide a .zip if that makes things easier for people. I originally intended to provide it as a .zip archive. But SOMEONE (Rieg) yelled at me and made me cry.
Considering that the time it would take to unzip such a file would greatly outweigh the time and effort needed to just download the files themselves--and considering that compressing already-compressed .mp3 files is rather pointless--I don't know that I see the benefit....? ???

Andy

less time at the computer
let it download, unzip it, let it run, and all while you have a nice breakfast

oh yeah classic smilies rule   :D

cesarsalad

it doesn't take that much time to unzip an archive that small. what kind of computers are you guys running?

jvstin

Bob511

Quote from: cesarsalad on April 05, 2005, 08:40:19 pm
it doesn't take that much time to unzip an archive that small. what kind of computers are you guys running?
It doesn't take that much time to save a handful of files, either.  Or what kind of arthritis are you guys suffering?

Plus, www.flashgot.net + www.freedownloadmanager.org

imatreeandurnot

Andy

cesarsalad

i've seen ozma like 10 times... and i never saw them perform if i only had a heart :( :(

jvstin

how the hell does ryen hit that last bend of the rocks solo? that's freaking crazy

simpleton

angie

Quote from: cesarsalad on April 08, 2005, 04:58:20 pm
i've seen ozma like 10 times... and i never saw them perform if i only had a heart :( :(
if i only had a heart was a GREAT opener
i was sad when they stopped playing it

Andy