News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Is Ozma your favorite band?

Started by Potentially Tim, November 11, 2004, 01:05:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

noonchild

Quote from: ozmacity on February 19, 2006, 09:37:20 pm
My top 3:

That's exactly where my white ozma decal is on my honda.  Nutty.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

I like ozma

Tri$tan

Death to those who believe that Coffee Shop Girl is a TRUE OZMA SONG. THEY ARE BUT A FALSE PROPHECY!
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Ozma Bin Laden on February 19, 2006, 10:19:55 pm
Death to those who believe that Coffee Shop Girl is a TRUE OZMA SONG. THEY ARE BUT A FALSE PROPHECY!
Who does?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

geektanic08

I would say they are. They're the only band I like that I feel hasn't half assed any of their records. They're consistently solid.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: returnofdisco on February 18, 2006, 01:29:56 pm

Hey I like Weezer too, I think everybody on this board does or at one point in time loved that band.Ã,  No need to get bent out of shape, homie.Ã,  You forgot to mention that stupid band "crazy town", the guys that did "butterfly" on your favorites list.Ã,  Ã, yeah I think cuomo laid down some guitar for one of their songs.Ã,  You could list them right after franz ferdinand, homie.Ã, 

k, shut up
just because a Weezer guy did some song doesnt mean I automatically like it its just that
Homie
Rentals
Special Goodness
Space Twins
ARE really good bands
i dont love matt sharps solo stuff
or love cold because Rivers did something with them
nor the Kickovers because mikey is in it

So stop making fun of me

If you try I will give you suuuuch eh peeench

returnofdisco

fair enough.  When you say that you have 20+ homie songs, does that count for the Rivers solo stuff in Boston? i.e. rosemary, hot tub, wanda, etc?
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

I like ozma

defenseless in the face of this mirage, how do you buy into that lie, they hold so ominously high, pretending their the new true acting god, television is the new true acting god.

amish

I have a picture of my car and my ozma license plate somewhere...

Live Free Or Die!

gloom-glaam

Quote from: returnofdisco on February 22, 2006, 09:11:07 am
fair enough.Ã,  When you say that you have 20+ homie songs, does that count for the Rivers solo stuff in Boston? i.e. rosemary, hot tub, wanda, etc?

yea because those are his solo songs and homie was at a point known as
The Rivers Cuomo Solo Band

soooo yep

no offense the the hime members but its not like they really did to much
either than just play instruments

butterfly

now here's a really hard one...

say you have 2 shows at the same time, same day but different venue. a free gig by ozma and weezer...now who will you guys choose...

funwithsponges

Quote from: butterfly on February 23, 2006, 07:47:16 am
now here's a really hard one...

Not really. 

Granted, I haven't been over to Weezer's site in years, so I don't know what they are playing live these days, but it can't really be good, seeing as how it probably involves more of their last three albums and not enough of the first two.  Now Weezer 5 or 6 years ago, that's a different story.

Nordel

That' a no brainer. Ozma. Weezer sucks. Now if it was during the Pinkerton tour, I might be inclined to go with the Weezer show, but still.....Ozma is just a better live band. So, yeah.. I take it back. Ozma all the way.

Kurtzie

I saw them last summer at Lollapallooza and they were pretty diverse good amount of old songs, although I did have to sit through "Hash Pipe."
That being said I'd still see Ozma.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

gloom-glaam

Gidgetsucks

Ozma and Rilo Kiley are a tie, but right now its leaning toward Ozma....

Zebulus

Quote from: Lando_Calrissian on November 11, 2004, 07:40:40 pm
Ozma
Weezer
Nada Surf
Pixies/Frank Black

I weep when I think I'll never go to an Ozma gig.Ã,  :'(

Really.

weezer was my favorite for a long time just because when i was little i loved them, and at that time they only had two really good cd's.  ever since green i have kinda just said "well, they'll have a good album some day" but they didn't and i then realized that ozma is truly my favorite band.  so for me it goes like this

1.Ozma
2.Nada Surf
3.Led Zeppelin (best band ever, not my favorite though)
4.Coldplay/Beatles
5.Weezer (the first two cd's + b-sides)

xellyjane

March 14, 2006, 06:42:51 pm #78 Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:45:04 pm by xellyjane
had i posted this in 2004, this would be a little different. but it changes for me every couple months. im not really concerned with staying up to date though. for example i still dont like rilo kiley!

right now my favorite bands are spoon, built to spill,Ã,  and the who.....

actually spoon has been up there for a few years. i hope ive contradicted myself enough in this post.

I don't think I've posted in here:

There was a point in time that Ozma WAS in fact my favorite band.Ã,  It was actually a few months after they broke up, and I started looking deeper into them, finding songs I'd never heard, and getting reacquainted with songs I'd long forgotten.Ã,  I first became a "fan" in late 1999 when I started finding mislabeled songs on Napster.
After they broke up, I spent a lot of time longing for them to get back together, and telling myself I would have gone all the way out to California to see them live had I known ahead of time that they were breaking up.

Anyway, I got to do that, and it was awesome, but something else unexpected happened...

I met Satisfaction, and my heart flutters with desire for them.

I like ozma

i liked the first song satisfaction played, but i dont remember how it went. he said a word that started with an "n" i think...

bulb dylan

"Now is the winter of our discontent?"

Sorry, that was Shakespeare.

noonchild

"Nothing..... I'm done feeling nooothiiing"  Great song, satisfaction was great.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Jeff42

Quote from: noonchild on March 15, 2006, 11:22:07 am
"Nothing..... I'm done feeling nooothiiing"Ã,  Great song, satisfaction was great.
Agreed, that's a fantastic song.  I wish I could get my hands on more of Satisfaction's music.  I bought their CD and I especially love the first two songs on it but they played some great stuff at the show that's not on there.

I like ozma

yeah that one, that one was pretty cool. i told the people i was with that the first band was gonna suck and the second band was pretty cool, because i thought mae shi was first

panic

Quote from: noonchild on February 19, 2006, 09:46:16 pm
Quote from: ozmacity on February 19, 2006, 09:37:20 pm
My top 3:

That's exactly where my white ozma decal is on my honda.  Nutty.
ditto. only my decal is red.

I don't really play favorites when it comes to bands just because I listen to so many different things, but if you asked me to toss all my cds except for a few artists, Ozma would be the first to keep.
wake up and love me baby.

*sigh of happiness*Ã,  :)Ã,  I fucking love OzmaÃ,  :D

weezma33

Ozma is almost my favorite band.Ã,  I think weezer is probably still my favorite, and I haven't seen Ozma in concert yet.Ã,  I really want to, tho.

weezma33

aw, geez.  i didn't think it would actually show that itallics symbol thingy on my last comment

kitten

it wouldn't if you  had done it right.