April 29, 2024, 12:12:33 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

how many times did you see ozma live?

Started by mattk, November 06, 2004, 07:54:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OMGWTFBBQ

hmmm... too many.

no future cafe: 3x
chain reaction: 3x
glasshouse: 3x
USC: 1x
sun theater: 1x
pitzer college: 1x
el ray theater: 1x
palladium: 1x
troubador: 1x

15?? yikes. and i'm probably forgetting at least one or two.

nick

Quote from: Not Jason on November 15, 2004, 09:27:03 am

actually, there were two other boston shows that neither of us were at.Ã,  of course there was the infamous yahoo outloud tour that i tried like hell to go to but couldn't, and then there was a show at the middle east with nada surf also around that same general era.Ã,  I couldn't go to that because i was in high school and therfor broker, less independant, and further away than normal.

yeah, that show at the middle east was my first ozma show.  since then, i've seen them at every other show in MA, along with jason.  so 6 times in all.  ah, good times.

falyn

one time ever, and i feel i was cheated.  brummel wasnt there.  :-\
stream my radio show on mondays 7-8 pm @ http://www.wvum.org

~IYQ

once at Warped '02, and the whole band wasn't even there! Star had just gotten in the car accident around that time and they had (I believe) the guy from Alk3 filling in on keyboards.

ah well.

Ianny

Quote from: ~IYQ on November 20, 2004, 08:35:23 pm
once at Warped '02, and the whole band wasn't even there! Star had just gotten in the car accident around that time and they had (I believe) the guy from Alk3 filling in on keyboards.

ah well.

I was saying booourns...
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Casey.

One time.  Iowa City.  October of '03.  Weekend before I got married.

angie

22, also excluding db/monstro shows
perhaps i went a little overboard....but no

tom

somewhere near 15 or so, not bad considering i'm not in CA. (dont feel like thinking about exactly how many). every time they visited philly/somewhere close, i was there!

Not Jason

Quote from: ozmatic58 on December 02, 2004, 05:58:31 pm
somewhere near 15 or so, not bad considering i'm not in CA. (dont feel like thinking about exactly how many). every time they visited philly/somewhere close, i was there!

that is a pretty damn impressive east coast number.  i think i've only had 7 opportunities to see them without driving further than boston.  you must have gone to multiple shows on the same tours i assume.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

cesarsalad

i think at least 10 times. i was at their last show too.. it was depressing because the crowd sucked ass  >:(

jvstin

1. los gatos outhouse
2. bottom of the hill
3. the edge
4. fillmore
5. the catalyst...second to last show they ever played.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

tom

Quote from: Not Jason on December 03, 2004, 09:07:52 am
Quote from: ozmatic58 on December 02, 2004, 05:58:31 pm

that is a pretty damn impressive east coast number.Ã,  i think i've only had 7 opportunities to see them without driving further than boston.Ã,  you must have gone to multiple shows on the same tours i assume.
yes sir...3 warped tour shows, plus they would usually play like a "north jersey" show, and then a philly show or vice versa on almost every tour. one of the perks of being a central jersian.

heysarahsarah

1)March 2001: Outloud Tour w/Weezer & TGUK @ Bill Graham in SF
2) July 2001: w/ Psoma & Jack's Broken Heart & others @ Club Xanth In San Diego
3) August 2001 (I think): @ Chain Reaction (to heck if I can remember who opened) in LA
4) September 2001: w/ The Huxtables @ The Outhouse in Los Gatos
5) July 2002: Warped Tour w/out Star @ Coor's Amp parking lot in San Diego
6) September 2002: @ Chain Reaction again
7) February 2003: w/ Plain White Tees & Dexter Danger @ The Outhouse in Los Gatos
8) March 2003: w/ Superdrag @ The Scene in San Diego
9) March 2003: w/ Superdrag @ Bottom of the Hill in SF
10) March 2003: w/ Superdrag @ Bottom of the Hill in SF
11) May 2003: w/ Slowreader & Earlimart @ Slims in SF
12) May 2003: w/ Slowreader & Earlimart @ The El Rey Theater in LA
13) July 2003: w/ The Format & Piebald @SLO Brew in San Luis Obispo
14) July 2003: w/ The Format & Piebald @ Bottom of the Hill in SF
15) July 2003: w/ The Format & Piebald @ Bottom of the Hill in SF
16) July 2003: w/The Format & Piebald @ The Edge in Palo Alto
17) December 2003: w/ Arlo & others @ The Bear's Lair in Berkeley
18) May 2004: w/ Service Group @ Mr T's Bowl in LA

So I lied...18.

My brain hurts now.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Bob511

Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 17, 2004, 10:39:00 pm
4) September 2001: w/ The Huxtables @ The Outhouse in Los Gatos
You forgot the Plus Ones.

heysarahsarah

As you should know, The Plus Ones is implied at pretty much every show.  It's like mentioning you had to pay to get in....basically inevitable.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

phatpubah

CPL593H

Jonas190

Only twice.  I missed a show or two due to work  >:( 

The last show I missed I said to myself "Next time they come, I am going no matter what!"  and now I can't.  I really wish I would have called in last time they came.

sbandy

I saw them twice.

But I live in South Carolina...so......I mean, that has to be pretty good, right? Right??

Probably not.

But it was great.

ruddiger_718

xellyjane

thrice

i passed up the opportunity to see them in dc while i was there for some lame reason i cant remember.

Brady

Jeff42

Quote from: Brady on November 02, 2005, 10:20:43 am
0....I became a fan way too late.Ã,  >:(Ã, 
Same for me.  But I'm holding out hope that I'll still get to see them some day...

TinTin

elpinchescorcho

I haven't been to any yet, so I'm terribly jealous of ALL of you. :(Ã, 

I've been a fan since late 1999 thanks to Napster.Ã,  However, I never "followed" them until it was too late.Ã,  I passed up their last show in Washington DC for a vacation in London for 2 weeks... I probably would have pushed back the trip had I known it would be my last chance ever to see them...

...but it wasn't, was it?

Rome

IHateItToo

parker

I don't know if I could see any band 10+ times. I don't have enough time or money.  Ozma only had three albums also. And if a band is playing like more than one night at a venue, I'll only see one.  I saw Rilo Kiley two consecutive nights, and it was the same exact show.

tych87

One time, July 3rd, 2004 at the House of Blues in Chicago. It was The Redwalls (pretty good), Ozma (stole the show), Straylight Run (kinda boring), and Rooney (really good, but still freaking out about Ozma). Ozma did like a 25-20 minute set, but it was the first time i'd seen them so i only remember a few songs, was anyone else there. They did battlescars, eponine, your name, bad dogs. They were selling stuff after the show and they all autographed the copy of "Spendin Time..." that i bought, they were awesome. I bought ddd and r+rIII, and Ozma became my favorite band. At the end of that month, like July 29th, i read online that Ozma had broken up. It was a sad time.