News:

Don't smoke m3th!

final words...

Started by I like ozma, February 22, 2006, 11:18:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gloom-glaam

returnofdisco

Quote from: Not Jason on March 01, 2006, 10:35:23 pm
Artists don't owe fans shit.Ã,  I think it's bullshit a lot of times when somebody meets a favorite musician once and decides to toss all their shit up on ebay just because he didn't feel like kissing fans asses.Ã,  The good artists make music because they want to make music.Ã,  They decide to make money off of it because it's better than working a register for the rest of their lives.Ã,  They don't do it for the fans.Ã,  So what if you give them money, presumably you get your reward in the form of a good CD or live show.Ã,  Often times fans are increadibly over critical of musicians as well, and have no idea what it's like to be in their shoes.Ã,  If a guy tells you to go fuck yourself or shoots your pets or something, then you might have a point, but a lot of times fans get pissed about things as minor as a bad vibe.Ã,  Maybe an artist doesn't want to talk to you.Ã,  Maybe he's in a hurry cause he has to get his shit off the stage or talk to the annoying interviewer from the local press.Ã,  Maybe he's on very little sleep and frusterated by having been on the road for a week and a half.Ã,  In any case, musicians should not bend over backwards to please the fans.Ã,  I don't buy CDs from people for being nice guys, I buy CDs of good music.
yeah dude you have some good points.  But it's like you're making excuses for a pretentious person with any sort of fame.  There is no, I repeat NO excuse for a musician to treat a fan with any lack of respect.  Sure they don't exactly owe it to us, but remember they were once just kids like us admiring influences of their own.  There is virtually no such thing as a musician making music for the sake of making it.  If that were they case they wouldn't even bother showing anybody else and just live off of the fact that they rule and they know it.  Bands strive their asses off for some sort of credibility, be it the adiration from others, the money, or the experience of traveling.  They want something!  And we (the fans) are the ones that supply them.  I don't even know why I ranted in the first place on this board, this whole belief excludes Ozma since they are truly aware what makes a band popular, and that is us.  They know it and that's the reason why the quote "we have the best fans" goes along with their name.  blah blah blah I'm done counterposting.  I say we're both right.
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

Not Jason

I disagree though, there ARE musicians who make music for the sake of making music.  And I don't think wanting the art to be consumed contradicts that.  Wanting your music to be known isn't the same as wanting your name to be known.

anyway, I do agree that it's a good measure of a person to see how they treat their fans when they are not in the mood to deal with their fans.  My point stands though, that I feel the majority of fans are overwhelmingly harsh in their judgements when it comes to celebrities' personalities, and rarely make an attempt to consider circumstances.  I know if I were a celebrity, I'd be widely considered an asshole if only because I'm really bad at first impressions.

Anyway, I'm against celebrity worship.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Fantastic Max

Everytime I've been to one of their smaller shows, they've all been perfectly content to talk to anyone. My first time seeing them, they were all hanging out by a table outside and me and my friends went over and talked it up for like 10-15 minutes about where were from, how great the show was, stuff like that.

Everytime I see Ryen/Jose be it Ozma/Yes Dear, I usually pat em' on the back or shake their hand and say "Good show" or something to that effect.

Haha, one of my friends actually got Jose and Star to play a 2P game on his GBA with him. Courageous bastard, I would've never done that, ha. Dan's the guy who's always online, so you can always talk to him here.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips