April 18, 2024, 06:27:10 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

STOTBL

Started by ozmolian, November 21, 2004, 02:43:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ozmolian

Hey everyone--

I hated STOTBL at first, but now it's Samuel!!! Another Pinkerton? Perhaps...I was just wondering if anyone else has given it a chance yet...

RedStarBandit

are you shitting me?

The Other Mike

this is a joke poster right?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

lisa marie

that CD came out on my birthday..... ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.

good god people.
tell me that was a joke!

~IYQ

Quote from: ozmolian on November 21, 2004, 02:43:06 pm
Hey everyone--

I hated STOTBL at first, but now it's Samuel!!! Another Pinkerton? Perhaps...I was just wondering if anyone else has given it a chance yet...
actually, I agree. if it weren't pointed out that it could be the next Pinkerton, I think it could('ve) be(en?) very possible. but if you tell people it'll be the next Pinkerton, they'll be less accepting. if everyone had said Pinkerton would be what it has become, it wouldn't have become what it is.

so, yeah, gee, great job on wrecking the public opinion of STOTBL, geneyass! you are a cup of irony, you know that?

amish

I first heard the album, and listened in order. The first three tracks were at first very very disappointing. "Slooowww down" sounded out of key to me. It probably is. Other than the first three tracks though, I loved the album.

Now, I like all but track number 3. I love the words, they touch incredibly close to a time away from a girl named Andrea ;) but ugh, I don't like the song.

The Other Mike

Quote from: amish on November 21, 2004, 03:46:54 pm
"Slooowww down" sounded out of key to me. It probably is.

It's not out of key, it's just a weird harmony.

regardless of that, I still don't like how it sounds.

Weezey

Funny, I've liked this album alot less over the past year. All the songs have just became kind of boring to me except for like the title track itself. Maybe it's because I listened to it on overkill when it first came out.

The Other Jon

It is my opinion that STOTBL is Ozma's best record.Ã,  I really like the direction they were going with Your Name, Shibuya, Restart, Light Years, etc.Ã,  Ã, 

:july232004:

amish

Quote from: The Other Jon on November 21, 2004, 08:17:48 pm
It is my opinion that STOTBL is Ozma's best record.  I really like the direction they were going with Your Name, Shibuya, Restart, Light Years, etc.   
Some of my favorites.

And yes, I can't say I like "sloooowww downn" that 'harmony' very much, although I don't find it as horrible as I used to.

PS - Your Name is too short and says too little. Underdeveloped, IMO.

The Golden Gorilla

Ozma is one of the rare bands that evolved.  If you look at Double Donkey Disc then compare it to STOTBL the change is immense.  Some people like bands sticking to their sounds and not evolving, but in my opinion if they had done that they would have split up a long time ago.  Personally I liked what they evolved into before they split, in my eyes STOTBL was beautiful.

cesarsalad

i don't understand why people think this post is a joke. i felt the same way about stotbl, it never fully grew on me. i still listen the hell out of ddd and rrp3 and even soitac.. but not as much to stotbl. it's still a fine album and i defend it, but it took a while for me to really appreciate it.

Not Jason

Quote from: cesarsalad on December 05, 2004, 02:17:28 am
i don't understand why people think this post is a joke.

QuoteAnother Pinkerton? Perhaps...

i respect the album, but i think it is FAR short of "another pinkerton".
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

cesarsalad

oh, i don't think it's another pinkerton either. (in any case, i like blue more than pinkerton, and ddd more than both)

The Other Mike

not to mention that the original poster is asking if people on an OZMA BOARD THAT STILL EXISTS MONTHS AFTER THE BAND'S DEMISE have heard the latest Ozma record which came out NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO!

Andy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHA ohhh man what an idiot  :nsfw:

The Other Mike

FortyTwo

I don't care what anyone says, Shibuya is still a shitty shitty song.
"It's popular to hate emo, 'cause it sucks."  - Daniel Brummel

Not Jason

Quote from: FortyTwo on December 06, 2004, 11:01:52 am
I don't care what anyone says, Shibuya is still a shitty shitty song.

i'm with you.  good name by the way.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

backyesterday

December 17, 2004, 09:23:24 am #19 Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 01:07:42 am by heysarahsarah
i hate you all

But random newbie, we've all spoken so highly of you  :'(

Ianny

~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Signumark

Quote from: The Other Mike on December 05, 2004, 04:00:15 pm
not to mention that the original poster is asking if people on an OZMA BOARD THAT STILL EXISTS MONTHS AFTER THE BAND'S DEMISE have heard the latest Ozma record which came out NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO!

They weren't asking if anyone has heard it.  They're asking if anyone who didn't like it so much at first (which was a significant number) has given it another chance.
Ess-to-the-Eye-to-the-Jee-Enn-Ewey-to-the-Emm-to-the-Ay-to-the-Arr-Kay...Phooey

cesarsalad

i think shibuya's ok. that whole album is damn good, but i just have a problem with how they recorded it.... i don't know if anyone remembers, but i think in october or november of 2002, before they released stotbl, they gave a concert at the knitting factory when they ended with lightyears will burn. it was just so incredibly powerful and good, but the album version was lacking that. speaking of which, if anyone knows where i could find a bootleg of lwb before the album came out that would be so awesome...
when i've seen ozma perform the title song they sound bad ass and full of energy, but the album version doesn't. same for game over and eponine.

amish

Quote from: cesarsalad on December 18, 2004, 08:06:28 am
i think shibuya's ok. that whole album is damn good, but i just have a problem with how they recorded it.... i don't know if anyone remembers, but i think in october or november of 2002, before they released stotbl, they gave a concert at the knitting factory when they ended with lightyears will burn. it was just so incredibly powerful and good, but the album version was lacking that. speaking of which, if anyone knows where i could find a bootleg of lwb before the album came out that would be so awesome...
when i've seen ozma perform the title song they sound bad ass and full of energy, but the album version doesn't. same for game over and eponine.
that's the whole reason you go to see a band live. it's more badass because of the environment, seeing them on stage, and the sheer volume. people bouncing all around you to korobeiniki, lightyears, etc.

You cannot match Live Performances with Studio recording.