April 30, 2024, 11:23:47 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

April 25.

Started by Nor Soqeur, April 24, 2006, 11:27:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nor Soqeur

Okay, so I know that Ozma is playing at Pepperdine University tomorrow and since the show forums won't pick up by then, does anyone know if general public can get in to see the show?  Or is it just limited to students?

All help is appreciated.

jnucum

Hey long time listener first time poster

Tuesday - OZMA with Coffee Bean and Jamba Juice - Rock out with that great OZMA starting at 7 p.m. in the Sandbar
i got it from http://studentorgs.pepperdine.edu/home/
i'll be there with a couple friends in the new ozma t-shirt i got from the USC show :)
btw i got my old shirt signed at the show it was awesome!

nanaki

It's open to all. Come for free, bring as many friends as you can. 6:30 p.m. in the Sandbar. Ask the man at the guard tower for directions to the Sandbar, and be sure to ask students on your walk towards it to... it's kinda confusing.

jnucum

how is the venue? the sandbar? is it gonna be standing or a sit venue?

Nor Soqeur

The venue was actually quite nice.  Small but adequate enough to be rocked by the likes of Ozma.

The show itself was quite grand.  I was right in the front to the point where when Daniel and Jose came off the stage during the show I ended up standing right next to them as they played.  The new songs were awesome, though I wish I'd been able to decipher the lyrics.  The setlist itself was heavy with good songs and overall, this being my first Ozma live show, I was extremely impressed.

The new drummer is awesome, as is the rest of the band.  I got myself a shirt and (if I'd been quicker to react) almost got Jose's pick.

nanaki

Thanks to you fans for making that show so awesome. Keep seeing Ozma! - Michael

jnucum

April 26, 2006, 12:54:49 am #6 Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 01:02:04 am by jnucum

http://uci.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024047&l=710c5&id=6000808
:) very small and close show! can't wait for another one. can't make it to the UCR one, got a midterm at noon...

Nor Soqeur

It's Samuel the little nuances that made that show even cooler... such as the way that Jose and Ryen did the harmonies in Rocks... the first harmony was spot on but the second wasn't... after that second one, Jose looked over at Ryen and kind of shrugged.  The whole band seemed to be getting along quite well.

There was one thing I noticed, however.  During the show I could hardly hear Star's keyboard skills... which kind of sucked since Ozma uses sawtooth a lot in their songs and it just didn't sound right.  But otherwise, Ozma needs to do more intimate and close shows like that... maybe they could come to the community college out here.  Who knows?

P.S. -- It feels so weird in my mind to think that I saw my favorite band play a show last night.  I'm so glad that I got my friend to drive down there and that I didn't miss that show.

I like ozma

Quote from: nanaki on April 25, 2006, 10:37:07 pm

who is he?

savewhatyouare

Quote from: like ozma i do on April 27, 2006, 08:10:49 pm
Quote from: nanaki on April 25, 2006, 10:37:07 pm

who is he?

AHAHAHA. ditto.