News:

Don't smoke m3th!

New Ozma Songs on Myspace

Started by Fantastic Max, September 07, 2006, 09:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Not Jason on September 27, 2006, 05:08:16 pm
Well, I guess I've been owned.

Truth and Consequence, Jason. That's what I'm all about.
And Justice.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 27, 2006, 06:14:27 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 27, 2006, 02:54:43 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 27, 2006, 02:00:17 pm
Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 27, 2006, 01:47:19 pm
Quote from: brad on September 26, 2006, 10:12:32 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 26, 2006, 09:36:59 pm
Quote from: brad on September 22, 2006, 05:15:14 pm
Quote from: FireAarro on September 22, 2006, 04:22:22 pm
I like this song musically, but I think Ryen's singing and lyrics (just the chorus actually... the verses i don't really mind, but the chorus shits me) kinda annoy me now... shit. Yeah, his recent songs are more Yes Deary.

i agree.Ã,  why does he keep writing songs with the same words in it?Ã,  now there's two darknesses and two barriers......his lyrics have been pretty boring lately too.

Only quoting you because I wanted to thank the hell out of you for indirectly getting me into Tally Hall.
Last week when you mentioned them, I thought "Might as well, check em out" or whatever, yknow..not expecting much.

Little did I know, I'd come across a band that'd instantly jump into my top 5 favorite bands, maybe even ever.

Rarely is there a band I hear and instantly want the album. It's only been like 5 or 6 days, and I have the album, know almost all of the words to the songs, have made copies for people, and have seen every single video they have, whether it be via YouTube or their website.

So yeah. Thank you.
I love you.Ã,  haha.

lol i love you too.Ã,  just saw them saturday again where they premiered their video for "good day" which should come online sometime this week.Ã,  get ready to have your mind blown.
Thanks Brad! This my be one of my fav bands now too, becuase of you guys. They rock hard.

Haha I love how you took my name out of that quote, yet forgot to remove the "you guys" deeming your efforts useless :P
Brad deserves to count as two people for showing us that band, and the reason I took your name out is because I checked them out because of him, when you joined the love of Tally Hall it was already useless to me.
Haha I don't really care, I'd give Brad all the credit too, but I just thought it was funny you didn't take the pronouns out as well.
Little things like that will make me laugh.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Cheese

Now they only have Fight the Darkness and Into Light up on their myspace.  The others were replaced by Eponine and Wake Up.

Mister_E

Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 28, 2006, 08:11:31 am
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 27, 2006, 06:14:27 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 27, 2006, 02:54:43 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 27, 2006, 02:00:17 pm
Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 27, 2006, 01:47:19 pm
Quote from: brad on September 26, 2006, 10:12:32 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 26, 2006, 09:36:59 pm
Quote from: brad on September 22, 2006, 05:15:14 pm
Quote from: FireAarro on September 22, 2006, 04:22:22 pm
I like this song musically, but I think Ryen's singing and lyrics (just the chorus actually... the verses i don't really mind, but the chorus shits me) kinda annoy me now... shit. Yeah, his recent songs are more Yes Deary.

i agree.  why does he keep writing songs with the same words in it?  now there's two darknesses and two barriers......his lyrics have been pretty boring lately too.

Only quoting you because I wanted to thank the hell out of you for indirectly getting me into Tally Hall.
Last week when you mentioned them, I thought "Might as well, check em out" or whatever, yknow..not expecting much.

Little did I know, I'd come across a band that'd instantly jump into my top 5 favorite bands, maybe even ever.

Rarely is there a band I hear and instantly want the album. It's only been like 5 or 6 days, and I have the album, know almost all of the words to the songs, have made copies for people, and have seen every single video they have, whether it be via YouTube or their website.

So yeah. Thank you.
I love you.  haha.

lol i love you too.  just saw them saturday again where they premiered their video for "good day" which should come online sometime this week.  get ready to have your mind blown.
Thanks Brad! This my be one of my fav bands now too, becuase of you guys. They rock hard.

Haha I love how you took my name out of that quote, yet forgot to remove the "you guys" deeming your efforts useless :P
Brad deserves to count as two people for showing us that band, and the reason I took your name out is because I checked them out because of him, when you joined the love of Tally Hall it was already useless to me.
Haha I don't really care, I'd give Brad all the credit too, but I just thought it was funny you didn't take the pronouns out as well.
Little things like that will make me laugh.
quote pyramid!

gloom-glaam

They added Barriers, Eponine and Incarnation Blues to their myspace last night. Eponine and Barriers are better than the older versions and Incarnation Blues is just plain old Samuel. So go there and listen.

Not Jason

I love the double kick in Incarnation Blues.  I don't care if nobody agrees with me.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

brad

April 04, 2007, 08:00:47 am #156 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:02:49 am by brad
isn't that solo in incarnation blues from a yes dear song?

yeah that is orion*

Cremo

fucking awesome,

i totally prefer the slower pace of eponine and barriers is 100 times better when i first heard it and i thought it was great then.

incarnation blues probably the best out of the three.

Zombie Don Ho

Agreed, Jason.... Kenn kicks so much ass on these songs. I'm also digging that fill when he brings the beat back after the bridge in Eponine.

It all sounds great, I eagerly await purchasing this one.

tom

Quote from: Not Jason on April 04, 2007, 06:29:50 am
I love the double kick in Incarnation Blues.  I don't care if nobody agrees with me.

I agree. It's so Metal, El oh El.

Jeff42

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on April 04, 2007, 06:15:06 amIncarnation Blues is just plain old Samuel.
May 15 can't get here fast enough.

icecreamman

It is Samuel how much life the drumming adds to the music.

Джесси

April 04, 2007, 12:39:15 pm #162 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:20:28 pm by Zoso1971
"Eponine" is fucking great, as always. I of course don't like the fact that it's shorter, though I certainly understand the reasoning behind that. I love how you can hear the maturity of Daniel's voice, and the bass sounds much thicker, which I love. As mentioned, I enjoy the slower pace as well.

I liked "Barriers" from the beginning, so this version is only better in my opinion. The drum track is excellent when Kenn really gets into it. All in all, an enjoyable song.

"Incarnation Blues" just fucking rocks. I could see it possibly replacing "Natalie Portman" as a concert opener. I say this seeing as how it starts out in a similar fashion: keys and vocals, then guitar and drums. I'm not saying I want this to happen, I'm just saying it might be possible. Anyways, it's probably my favorite out of the three.

These tracks simply make me look forward to the new album even more. It sounds like the album is going to be great, not only because the band have matured as musicians, but from the contributions of Kenn as well. The stoke factor for me is off the charts  ;D
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Джесси

Quote from: icecreamman on April 04, 2007, 12:37:10 pm
It is Samuel how much life the drumming adds to the music.

100% agreed.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

CT-700

Oh wow the guys (and girl) really got good tones on this album. The guitars are perfect and the drums practically make the songs. The synth are Samuel as well. Did I mention the guitars sound good? The solos on Barriers and Incarnation Blues are pure chaos.

I love all three, but I am a little disapointed in the absense of the normal instrumental part before the first verse of Eponine. But its still great.

jvstin

April 04, 2007, 01:43:19 pm #165 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:54:55 pm by cupid stunt
Quote from: CT-700 on April 04, 2007, 12:57:38 pm
Oh wow the guys (and girl) really got good tones on this album. The guitars are perfect and the drums practically make the songs. The synth are Samuel as well. Did I mention the guitars sound good? The solos on Barriers and Incarnation Blues are pure chaos.

I love all three, but I am a little disapointed in the absense of the normal instrumental part before the first verse of Eponine. But its still great.
ditto

plus, the absence of the outro guitar solo. but still, these are sounding very, very awesome. the updated no one needs to know is going to be great.

barriers is more enjoyable this time around (i still liked it, but it's even better now) and incarnation blues is my favorite so far. can't wait to hear it in the context of the album.

edit: love the gang vocals towards the end in incarnation blues. gives me chills or something close to it.

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

funwithsponges

At the risk of sounding like a complete tool...

New Eponine = color version of Queens Boulevard

They better play the real version at live shows, that's all I'm saying.

CT-700

Quote from: funwithsponges on April 04, 2007, 06:05:26 pm
At the risk of sounding like a complete tool...

They better play the real version at live shows, that's all I'm saying.

True 'dat.

Sandguy

barriers is pretty bad ass. very fantasy metal in the middle part... THAT'S fucking rockin' shiot! incarnation blues is very catchy. very double bass drum-actionesque.

this is not your father's ozma. however, though their sound transition from the rrp3 era to stotb to even this are drastically different, i can find myself referring people to give this one a hear. this album is fucking metal! that's enough ozma dick-sucking for now.

Not Jason

Quote from: brad on April 04, 2007, 08:00:47 am
isn't that solo in incarnation blues from a yes dear song?

yeah that is orion*

I just compared them back to back, and they are pretty similar.  In a different harmonic context though, it doesn't sound familiar (not to me at least).  But yeah, good call.
I am the baseball.

CT-700

Now after listening to all 3 for the past day and a half, I think I can pretty confidently say Incarnation Blues is my favorite. Very reminscent of classic Ozma, but done in such a great "new" way. I like just about everything about it, but I really like at the very end when the bass slides up an octave and Dan vocally moves up as well. Plus the harmonized guitar solo kind of has a video game sounding style to it. Like classic Sonic. Plus I really liked Orion, so it kinda goes hand in hand.

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

siberian

Why are the doing Eponine again? Two albums in a row? Despite the fact that it's at a slower tempo...

Isn't this Crass?

hipsun

April 06, 2007, 10:22:09 pm #173 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:24:08 pm by hipsun
Quote from: siberian on April 06, 2007, 10:06:00 pm
Why are the doing Eponine again? Two albums in a row? Despite the fact that it's at a slower tempo...

Isn't this Crass?
management wanted them to redo it for a single. they trust their judgement.

it's actually not at a slower tempo. the old one was not to a click and fluctuated wildly. the new one is to a click and perhaps because it doesnt speed up in the same places, the chorus seems slower in relation to the verses.

songs started but not finished:
into light
uptown
kid icarus
ghost with a dream

so now you guys can go ahead and add those to the holy grail of unreleased ozma songs people fantasize about like "d song".

CT-700

I knew I heard what sounded like Ghost With A Dream on that one video.

brad

i wouldn't ever really consider "into light" as part of a holy grail, but i'd certainly love to hear the rest of those songs.

I Like Ozma

i wouldnt mind the fact that ozma re recorded no one needs to know and eponine if they would have made two more new songs along with it. just the fact that they only are going to have 9 new songs on an album that we have been waiting for for 5 years is what tickles my fanny
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

Just to be a complete asshole:

Spending Time released 2003.
Pasadena is getting released now in 2007.

2007 - 2003 = 4 years.

Not Jason

Additionally, you can't really say we've been waiting for this album for that entire period either.  A large chunk of that time was spent disbanded with no indication of a reunion.  Since reuniting, they've been making pretty good time with this record.
I am the baseball.

FireAarro

Hey, I like all these songs now! Great!
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."