News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

New Ozma Songs on Myspace

Started by Fantastic Max, September 07, 2006, 09:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianny

Quote from: FireAarro on April 08, 2007, 05:46:57 pm
Hey, I like all these songs now! Great!

My statement is that I agree with his statement.  I like the new take on Eponine, Barriers is quite catchy, and Incarnation Blues is right up my alley.  Good stuff!
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

kittenburger

yeah that middle section on Barriers in unlike anything I've ever heard before!  I wonder how long that took to write!
Whoa my God shift +1 like teh lollercopter

CT-700

Well its essentially the same melody over and over which builds up each time until the climax of the section. It probably did not take long to write, but they probably spent a good deal of time in the studio deciding what would make it sound best; i.e. how to layer the harmonized guitar and synth.

As said before, truly Samuel.

machatte

I'm glad you like the new addition to Barriers. greg doyle wrote the chords and melody to that section - I then spent half a day writing the harmonized solo to it on my four-track. I'll post the demo one day for kicks!

The Argyle Rebellion

Okay, I know this may be a question that has been covered, but I'll ask it anyway.

Machatte = Ryen, correct?

If so, I have to agree with whomever said the new addition to Barriers is awesome... at first I thought it was a bit out of place, but once I heard it in the context of the song, I understood.  Good job on the harmonized solo, Ryen.

And to add this, though it may be off topic, I can't even begin to tell you guys, both you, Ryen, and the rest of the band, how much you guys have inspired me... I can honestly say that your music brought me from being a snotty 17 year-old kid who didn't know a chord in the book and didn't know how to write catchy songs to being a 21 year-old kid that still doesn't know how to write catchy songs but knows how to rock... thank you for giving me the gift to rock people's proverbial booty.

CT-700

Quote from: machatte on April 16, 2007, 11:41:34 pm
I'm glad you like the new addition to Barriers. greg doyle wrote the chords and melody to that section - I then spent half a day writing the harmonized solo to it on my four-track. I'll post the demo one day for kicks!

Wow awesome, thanks a lot Ryen  :)

Sandguy

you guys might want to check the newest ozma myspace blog. ;)

CT-700

Yay HvH  :)

Haha another fine example of how the album is so metal.

icecreamman

So far my favorite part has to be when Dan comes in during the final chorus/outro thing ("oh it's rusted now").  Very solid.

Jeff42

Jordan

heartache vs. heartbreak is beautiful. thanks!  :-*

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

Kyosho

YEESSSSSSS! The song I was dying to hear the most!   :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you guys SO MUCH for posting it!
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

FireAarro

Two drummers? Hahaha, cool. I like the ending. I'm refraining from commenting on the song yet, because it will likely grow on me in a while.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

wabut

I Like Ozma

April 21, 2007, 11:00:01 am #194 Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 11:04:33 am by I Like Ozma
i thought they said "i wrote a song it was love" instead of "i could have sworn it was love" i like my interpretation better than the actual lyric though. and when i listen to it i keep thinking its going to change to "were breaking the barriers whoa oh oh"

also, it is kind of sad that jose dont have any credit for any of the songs.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

Quote from: I Like Ozma on April 21, 2007, 11:00:01 am
when i listen to it i keep thinking its going to change to "were breaking the barriers whoa oh oh"

Haha, yeah I feel like that every song because of that promo video.

brad

that happened to me with the barriers solo - i keep expecting no one needs to know to come on.

i couldnt believe it was "you and me, UNsure" i always thought it was "i'm sure" and i liked that a lot better.

Kyosho

Okay, it's official, I lubs teh HvH.

It's got me thinking... I hope some day they do an acoustic show with all these news songs, that some one can boot. I'm a sucker for acoustic. I would love to hear HvH acoustic in its entirety. I mean, we got a taste of it in that Kate Moss Medley...
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

FireAarro

April 21, 2007, 06:20:42 pm #198 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:15:23 am by FireAarro
I just realised, there are only two songs on the new album which we haven't heard some entire version of yet.

1. No One Needs To Know
DDD

2. Barriers
Myspace

3. Eponine
STOTBL

4. Fight The Darkness
Myspace (demo)

5. Heartache Vs Heartbreak
Myspace

6. Incarnation Blues
Myspace

7. Lunchbreak (Cobras Theme)
unheard!

8. Motorology 3:39
Live

9. I Wonder
Myspace (demo)

10. Underneath My Tree
EDIT LOL D SONG

11. Straight Flush
Myspace (demo)

Anyway, I just listened to the Straight Flush demo again and I am way stoked for album. Pasadena Pasadena Pasadena!  :D
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Kyosho

Quote from: FireAarro on April 21, 2007, 06:20:42 pm10. Underneath My Tree
unheard!

Incorrect. Ever hear of a little something called "D Song"?  :D

CT-700

Quote from: Kyosho on April 21, 2007, 06:47:21 pm
Quote from: FireAarro on April 21, 2007, 06:20:42 pm10. Underneath My Tree
unheard!

Incorrect. Ever hear of a little something called "D Song"?  :D

Correct. All we need to hear is Lunchbreak. Which I guess is kind of dispointing, but there's going to be so much new stuff added to the older songs anyway so they'll be great. I think Lunchbreak is going to be good, because I know Ryen's myspace headline says (or atleast used to say) something like "If only lunch could last forever", which I guess judging from the official lyrics the song could be one of his favorite new tracks.

Seb

Underneath My Tree is D Song?

I did not know that. Fucking A!

Am I the only one, then, who's been constructing a mock-up version of the album out of demos and whatnot...? ;)
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

CT-700

I've been thinking about it, a la Smile bootlegs/playlists of the '60s.

SteveLikesOzma

Holy FUCK, Heartache is Samuel.

"My shining armor is rusted now"

brad

hey hipsun -
if you are still out there.  what is the name of/what happened to the song matthew caws worked on? 

danorganplayer

A few things..Who is Hipsun in relation to the band?...

and for hipsun directly...  What is lunchbreak like, musically, and melody wise?...

How do you feel about the album?...

hipsun

Quote from: danorganplayer on April 29, 2007, 02:41:58 pm
A few things..Who is Hipsun in relation to the band?...

and for hipsun directly...  What is lunchbreak like, musically, and melody wise?...

How do you feel about the album?...

mathew caws is on motorlogy.

hipsun in relation to the band...
i've recorded lots and lots of demos for them in the last year. i co-produced the album. i engineered a bunch of synth stuff. i mixed a song. i wrote the bridge on barriers. i recorded almost all the addison stuff, so when kenn joined i tagged along.

lunch break is quite a production. it has a drum loop and lots of synth lines. i has the the best/gayest line on the record "when you reached for the cupcake i knew you were my type of girl". that's all i'm gonna say.

my feelings about the album are mixed... but who cares what i think. my favorite band is www.myspace.com/makebelieve , so what do i know. if you wanna ask me specific questions once you hear the record i'll be happy to answer, but i'd like you all to have your own opinions before i say anything.

danorganplayer

DO you mind if i ask some questions now?...Im sorry if its bothersome but im really interested..

I do want your o pinion, how doe it stack up with there other albums?..

How did underneath my tree turn out, and what is I wonder like now?....Compared to the demo songs...

Thanks so much for answreing if you do...and those are some nice contributions u made!
lol sorry im a noob and out of the loop.

danorganplayer

Also..Can someone link me..or give me the kid icarus demo?...

I've heard a lot about the demo but have yet to see it..O_o

brad

there was no demo made available for fans of "kid icarus"

there are various youtube videos though

here are some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuaN5zfBEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6kFBv21n5Q