April 19, 2024, 02:22:39 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

OZMA TOUR VIDEOS!!! (UPDATED SOON MAYBE!?!?)

Started by 8600, August 24, 2007, 07:29:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

August 24, 2007, 07:29:33 am Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:09:33 pm by (Samuel)
Hey guys!  Same deal as last time:  I have new footage and now that I'm back in Maryland I can begin uploading OZMA footage from their most recent tour!

I think I'll put up a new clip of something every week or so.  It will be exclusively available on the OFF in the beginning, and it'll be up to OZMA if they want to put it on MySpace or YouTube with their collections of other videos (so please feel free to share them on a personal level, but allow OZMA to host them publicly if they choose to do so)

I'll update THIS INITIAL POST whenever there is a new video.  The download link will be included IN THIS POST--POST #1.  I'll reply to the thread to let you know a new one is up, but please come back to check this post for all the current videos.  --This way they won't be spread all throughout the thread and someone finding this topic late can get everything at once.

The older videos are in spoiler tags below:  For the Reunion set and Pasadena tour #1, right-click (or option-click on a Mac) to download these.   You can probably just left click and open them up in your browser, but they may run faster if downloaded.  These are all going to be .mov files.

For the Pasadena Tour Set #2, read the "video notes" below as it's a slightly different set-up.

Enjoy!

REUNION TOUR SET:

[spoiler]#R1 .  WAKE UP - (Reunion Tour Mix) - 20mb

#R2 .  DOMINO EFFECT - (unedited 8/6/06 show) - 20mb

#R3 .  ROCKS - (unedited 8/6/06 show) - 13mb

#R4 .  ENCORE - (edited 3/12/06 show) - 90mb[/spoiler]

PASADENA TOUR SET #1:

[spoiler]VIDEO NOTES:  These were all filmed with one camera and audio is taken from my camera as well.  Audio is not wonderful quality, but it doesn't max and the instruments sounds great in my opinion.  Vocal levels could be higher, but it all really just depended on whose monitor I was near, and how loud it was turned up.  I've EQed them as best I could but the vocals always seem just a bit too low.  Let me know if you have any tips for future videos.  <3

#1 .  Heartache vs Heartbreak - (unedited 6/22/07 show) - 23mb

#2 .  Spending Time - ("edited" 6/22/07 show) - 26mb
"Spending Time" was my first "faked multi-camera edit" with my new camera.  I filmed it in HD, meaning when I down converted it to SD, I could select from > 4 SD quality full frames of video to be the point of focus (does that make sense?)  I was worried this might not work, but I think it turned out pretty sweet.  It's just a pain in the ass to do with my current hardware setup. :/  (Sorry for my lack of intelligent video production vocabulary) Anyway, hope you all enjoy it!

#3 .  Shootingstars - (unedited 6/23/07 show) - 23mb

#4 .  Tetris - (unedited 6/23/07 show) - 12mb

#5 .  Natalie Portman - (totallyrockin - high res - summershowmix) - 43mb

#6 .  No One Needs To Know - (unedited 6/22/07 show) - 22mb

#7 .  Incarnation Blues - (unedited 6/23/07 show) - 13mb  (I love this song!)[/spoiler]

PASADENA TOUR SET #2 (@ Maxwell's):

[spoiler]VIDEO NOTES:  I'll put up a little bit at a time.  However, it's working different this time: They can still be downloaded (.mov files) but they're hosted streaming on Vimeo.  Simple two camera edit, half-filmed by our own JordanInHelsinki.  Unfortunately, vocal tracks are a bit low, and there's not too much I can personally do with that except adjust the EQ (but let me know if you think you'd be able to bring them out a bit).  Anyway, all the other instruments picked up beautifully, and I think they videos are very fun.  Thanks again, JORDAN!
Please don't host them anywhere else like YouTube if you haven't discussed it personally with the band.  I only discussed Vimeo with them, so please don't mass-spread these all over the internet.  Thanks guys!!!  ENJOY!

#1 .  Fight the Darkness - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2M9YWCM

#2 .  Eponine - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JTL44M1

#3 .  Shootingstars - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMBIWKBD

#4 .  Battlescars - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WIXRWC8J

#5 .  Rocks - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKQGGSS4

#6 .  In Search of 1988 - (simple.edit.09.25.2007 show)
direct download:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZYCWUCXM
(it appears we ran out of tape on this one, so it ends at the breakdown... but I still wanted to share it since the rest sounds great)[/spoiler]

I've started putting everything up here for easy viewing:

http://www.vimeo.com/album/18439/

amish

Great videos, thanks! (Let me know if you need backup hosting, I've got gobs of space and bandwidth to use up!)

Brent

the quality and calibre of your videos always impress me.  fantastic job and thanks a lot for sharing them!

Tri$tan

What do they rap before the start of Domino Effect? Am I just retarded?
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

August 24, 2007, 12:05:40 pm #4 Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:22:30 pm by Samuel
Quote from: Joe on August 24, 2007, 10:24:02 am
Great videos, thanks! (Let me know if you need backup hosting, I've got gobs of space and bandwidth to use up!)

Thanks!  Feel free to host them if you're like.  I'm sure OZMA wouldn't mind... I don't mind putting them on my server (I apparently have unlimited bandwidth) but if they are downloading slow, then it's probably a good idea to have them somewhere else as well...

I may do a full show video if the band is cool with it, and if that's the case, I would mostly likely want it hosted somewhere else since it will be a good 200-300 megs I'm sure.

...Spending Time will IS UP!

CT-700

Quote from: Samuel on August 24, 2007, 12:05:40 pm
I may do a full show video if the band is cool with it, and if that's the case, I would mostly likely want it hosted somewhere else since it will be a good 200-300 megs I'm sure.

That'd be sick, I've always loved your video work. I really hope you don't die on the 2nd.

Tri$tan

Ironically, I don't think you spent enough time on Spending Time  :-X
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Quote from: Tristan on August 24, 2007, 04:22:55 pm
Ironically, I don't think you spent enough time on Spending Time  :-X

Really?  How so?

I mean, you're right, it only went through 1 edit as opposed to 2 or 3, but I'm curious to know how you could tell?

It's very difficult editing HD footage on a computer that's not meant to do it. :(  Excuses, excuses.

amish

I can't tell if the download speeds are very fast, as my max download speed at home is 90k/sec (crappy cheap DSL) so it's entirely up to you. It doesn't sound like you pay for extra hosting for this stuff, so it doesn't sound like it's coming out of your own pocket or anything. If it does, like I said I have tons of space and bandwidth, all of which has been pre-paid, so no worries there.

Quote from: Joe on August 24, 2007, 07:04:17 pm
I can't tell if the download speeds are very fast, as my max download speed at home is 90k/sec (crappy cheap DSL) so it's entirely up to you. It doesn't sound like you pay for extra hosting for this stuff, so it doesn't sound like it's coming out of your own pocket or anything. If it does, like I said I have tons of space and bandwidth, all of which has been pre-paid, so no worries there.

I actually am hosting it here:  www.lightofdayvideo.com  which is a fan site of old "emo music" I have been working on but haven't really been able to keep up with as much as I please.  It's offered through these guys:  http://www.ucvhost.com/  which is VERY inexpensive as it's completely run out of the USA.  I've been pretty happy with them, but my upload speeds to the server are never more than 40k/sec.  However, I just tried to download one of them and it was coming at 500k/sec which SHOCKS me 'cause I've never had something download that fast from anywhere.

Either way, I certainly appreciate the offer.  I do think I have it covered now since it's only six videos, but if you'd like to set up more of a formal presentation please do let me know.  I'm happy now just that people get to see them.  Right now (as I understand it) it's all pretty much filmed as archival, with no other intention except to share it with you guys.  However still, if we do do a DVD sometime in the future, we wouldn't want it all leaked now.  So, I'll definitely keep in touch about it.  Sincere thanks for the offer.

mozman68

Quote from: Tristan on August 24, 2007, 11:23:34 am
What do they rap before the start of Domino Effect? Am I just retarded?

Groovie Ghoulies???

Awesome videos!!!  Thanks!

brad

September 05, 2007, 06:39:23 am #12 Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:50:01 am by brad
Samuel - these videos are great and very appreciated.  Keep 'em coming!

Can I make a request for a Natalie Portman or No One Needs to Know video?

CT-700

VanSlegr Fan

yes i agree, NONTK or Immigration Song.....hey, here's to hoping right?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

brad

Quote from: CT-700 on September 05, 2007, 05:18:28 pm
Quote from: brad on September 05, 2007, 06:39:23 am
Can I make a request for a No One Needs to Know video?

That'd be rad.

Yeah definitely.  I want Daniel's "you don't know all the shit she put me through" in some sort of recording form.

September 06, 2007, 04:31:26 am #16 Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:42:21 am by Samuel

I'm doing Natalie Portman as an edit, and NONTK UNedited if I wasn't too sloppy filming it.

They fucking rock the shit out of NP live these days.  Kenn is a drum beast.

...I figured I'd have it done by this morning, but I've been up all night and I need to sleep.  Check back later this evening, I'll have at least one up by then.   And, I will get a few more up soon, but I need to talk to them first 'cause I haven't in a while and it's not my decision to put it all online.

(I WISH I HAD IMMIGRATION SONG-- even a live audio recording would make my year... (it's been a shitty year) )

EDIT:  okay, I'm still up, and when I crash I'm gonna crash hard so I have to take it all back and give you the videos like early tomorrow morning... I'm talking like 3 am EST dudes--assume I sleep and wake by then.  So, sorry. :(  I guess you've come to expect this from me though.  :(

CT-700

Quote from: Samuel on September 06, 2007, 04:31:26 am
(I WISH I HAD IMMIGRATION SONG-- even a live audio recording would make my year...

Dude, don't you have this? Its hella good.
http://ozma.antiuser.org/downloadtrack.php?file=ozma_-_05_immigration_song_(live).mp3

PS: Good job not dying.  ;)

brad

Quote from: Samuel on September 06, 2007, 04:31:26 am

I'm doing Natalie Portman as an edit, and NONTK UNedited if I wasn't too sloppy filming it.

They fucking rock the shit out of NP live these days.  Kenn is a drum beast.

...I figured I'd have it done by this morning, but I've been up all night and I need to sleep.  Check back later this evening, I'll have at least one up by then.   And, I will get a few more up soon, but I need to talk to them first 'cause I haven't in a while and it's not my decision to put it all online.

(I WISH I HAD IMMIGRATION SONG-- even a live audio recording would make my year... (it's been a shitty year) )

EDIT:  okay, I'm still up, and when I crash I'm gonna crash hard so I have to take it all back and give you the videos like early tomorrow morning... I'm talking like 3 am EST dudes--assume I sleep and wake by then.  So, sorry. :(  I guess you've come to expect this from me though.  :(

you are the man.  take your time.

September 07, 2007, 06:45:32 am #19 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:00:00 am by Samuel
OMG.  I AM BACK IN COMMISSION.  I was hoping someone would have that live Immigration Song.  I heard it existed, but I gave up looking for it almost 3 years ago now.  THANK YOU.  <3

I AM BACK IN THE VIDEO SWING.  VIDEOS UP SOON.  DEFINITELY.  :)

EDIT:  OMG.  I am the biggest idiot in the world.  In my 1.44 gigs of live Ozma songs, I DID HAVE THIS SONG, just never listened to it.  I can't believe it.  I guess when I "gave up looking" I forgot about it.  :(  Anyway, I'm still excited. :)

Tri$tan

September 07, 2007, 02:12:31 pm #21 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:46:29 pm by Joe
Start raising that Karma guys!  I got up a new vid by request.

Natalie Portman.  Mix of the DC and Baltimore Shows.  So much energy in the song, so I put so much energy in the edit.  This is what 4+ hours of planning/editing/production looks like.

Джесси

September 07, 2007, 02:39:43 pm #22 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:40:48 pm by Zoso1971
The videos aren't working for me. The audio is fine, but Quicktime is telling me that the required compressor cannot be found. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

If the first set of videos from the Reunion Tour are any indication of how enjoyable these are, I know I'm going to love them. If only I could watch them :(

P.S. +1
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

September 07, 2007, 02:59:38 pm #23 Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:46:54 pm by Joe
Quote from: Zoso1971 on September 07, 2007, 02:39:43 pm
The videos aren't working for me. The audio is fine, but Quicktime is telling me that the required compressor cannot be found. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

If the first set of videos from the Reunion Tour are any indication of how enjoyable these are, I know I'm going to love them. If only I could watch them :(

P.S. +1

Lemme see what I can do for you...

EDIT:  IM me, I may be able to help you.

EDIT2:  It totally doesn't make sense 'cause I exported them the same way... but I'm looking into it now.  Still, send me an IM and I'll hook you up.

brad

Quote from: Samuel on September 07, 2007, 02:59:38 pm
Quote from: Zoso1971 on September 07, 2007, 02:39:43 pm

P.S. +1

This karma idea is either going to work really well, or bomb on me...  Lemme see what I can do for you...

EDIT:  IM me, I may be able to help you.

EDIT2:  It totally doesn't make sense 'cause I exported them the same way... but I'm looking into it now.  Still, send me an IM and I'll hook you up.

holy crap when you went to the split screen x 3 during the solo - that was crazy.

amish

3. Don't take the karma system seriously.
It's considered a game and usually people smite/applaud each other for fun. The karma number hardly ever represents the poster's character.

VanSlegr Fan

Quoteor those who don't listen to OZMA anymore but have nowhere else to go.

+1
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Rosie

Why isn't Star playing her keyboard in the begining of Heartache Vs. Heartbreak? Is that a sample on a loopstation or something?

brad

Quote from: Rosie on September 11, 2007, 07:45:45 am
Why isn't Star playing her keyboard in the begining of Heartache Vs. Heartbreak? Is that a sample on a loopstation or something?

it's actually an ipod