April 30, 2024, 04:24:33 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

has anyone seen this/know about this?

Started by I Like Ozma, March 10, 2008, 04:54:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oatmeal

Lol. Yes I guess so.

I seen him at the Irregardless show and I think I said something humorous like "Your Pat". Then he relpied by turning around and saying "sup". Then I think he turned back around if I remember right. It was cool.

It's cool that you having a conversation with us Ryen.

I hope I will be able to see you guys then. Play with someone cool, someone at least as half as good as Ozma.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

machatte

we might play with Reeve Oliver - tell me what you think of them. are they half as good as us? I have no opinion.

Oatmeal

Hmmm I need to give it time. They sound like they can be good. It sounds little to polished to sound like today's kind of bland alternative music yet they seem like they may still have something good. So I am not sure yet.

If they are somewhat close to their great influences and if they really sound like a double double with animal style fries, as they say I will really like them.

Have you ever heard of a band called bikeride? The did not appeal to me to much at first but now I really like them after listening to Morning Macumba. They are from Long Beach. Hint Hint. ;)

Whatever you guys chose songs good with me as long as you guys are playing.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

thanks for being so cool and answering questions ryen. Just so you know, my favorite three yes dear songs are in order 1 give me the end 2 surf the intensity 3 ready to go.

I really like your vocals on all yes dear songs, they seem very strong.

And ALSO I have one more question. Have you personally been writing any new ozma songs or have you been devoting your writing to Tgb?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

machatte

I have been devoting all my time to TGB and the study of the Equal Interval Harmony system developed by Lyle "Spud" Murphy.

CT-700

Quote from: machatte on March 27, 2008, 02:14:08 pm
Equal Interval Harmony system developed by Lyle "Spud" Murphy

I've heard a little about that, cool stuff.

canucks13

Ryen,
  Come to Virginia or near Virginia. Solo or with Ozma....either way please come soon!

-Eric

p.s. I like your new songs!

Джесси

Ryen, you're bringing lurkers out of their shells.

Though, I can't say much, seeing as how I haven't been posting that often these past few weeks. Work and school leave little time for the OFF :(
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

machatte

does anyone use imeem? I just added a tgb page there it has nothing on it so far.  what are other good music sites for bands, or is myspace still the go-to for researching bands these days?

AM Radio

hey ryen
you may want to check out www.purevolume.com

Rome

I Like Ozma

i still only go to myspace. but thats not saying much...
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

AM Radio

i still use purevolume.. i guess myspace is prob best. i bet www.last.fm has some cool stuff for bands.

machatte

yeah, whenever I go to purevolume it looks so depressing but maybe they've changed the style by now. I've been setting stuff up on imeem and ilike and it just seems weird and you have to go through garageband.com still to load songs so that's sort of bogus.

CT-700

I think the people that made purevolume also made:

www.virb.com

Seems like a hip alternative. Hopefully it catches on.

machatte

virb.com seems pretty nice so I signed up tgb and me, again, nothing new compared to myspace I suppose people are still trying to set up a page that will be "the next big thing" but I don't see any innovations in these pages.  I sent out a message on myspace about the TGB album and also the commercial jeff and I made for it which you can hear on the myspace.com/tgbmusic  - I think it's pretty funny although I am sick of it after editing it for a few hours.  anyone ever make a commercial before? it's pretty stupid.

CT-700

Quote from: machatte on March 31, 2008, 12:57:12 pm
myspace.com/tgbmusic

That threw me for a loop, Ryen. I kept putting in the old url, not realizing you guys changed it, even though you gave us the link.

The commercial is pretty funny.

brad

Quote from: machatte on March 26, 2008, 10:51:18 pm
we might play with Reeve Oliver - tell me what you think of them. are they half as good as us? I have no opinion.

You guys should play with Vince Dynamic -- I saw them last night...they said they were friends with you guys actually and they were awesome.  So I think that would be a great show.

icecreamman

April 02, 2008, 08:17:30 pm #78 Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:19:13 pm by icecreamman
Wait, you thought Vince Dynamic was awesome last night?  They didn't make a good impression on me without the drummer... they sounded very shaky.  Not to mention the horrible stage presence.

brad

April 02, 2008, 08:30:31 pm #79 Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:51:55 pm by brad
Wow somebody from this board besides me was there last night? woah...freaky.  Are you a student at Michigan too? that would blow my mind.

Yeah their stage presence sucked, but I enjoyed the jazz-ness and vocal harmonies.

Anyway, I thought they qualified for "at least half as good" as Ozma.