April 18, 2024, 11:27:41 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma declined a tour with Weezer

Started by ohjonas, April 19, 2009, 10:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha Gail

Sometimes I wish we only had Off Topic.

That's Cobra on Cobra action.

I Like Ozma

Ok heres what REALLY happened, Karl was getting high with ex-ozma-drummer pat and said "hey you guys should come on tour with us, I know what its like to be dead"
and pat said "Nah, let me hit that"
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Tri$tan

Quote from: Martha Gail on April 24, 2009, 06:36:22 pm

Hey did you guys know Ozma almost toured with Miley Cyrus? This was before that whole Radiohead thing, so it was kind of cool.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Rome

Seb

Okay, can't someone tell this guy? I'm dying, here  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Quote from: Martha Gail on April 24, 2009, 06:36:22 pm

I think it's nice that people are still so interested in OZMA gossip.  I mean, sure it's like bullshit and pointless and insensitive 95% of the time, but they're a fucking ROCK BAND.  This is what comes with the territory and what will always come with the territory.  Furthermore, Off Topic wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for these guys.  I mean, there's a reason the band doesn't frequent the boards as much as we do, but Ozma knows they're famous, this is/was/will always be the rockstar life.

Tri$tan

I don't know if you guys have heard of a little band called Weezer, but I heard they're really good. Maladroit is my favorite album so far.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Quote from: Tristan on April 27, 2009, 07:50:46 pm
I don't know if you guys have heard of a little band called Weezer, but I heard they're really good. Maladroit is my favorite album so far.

plz ban

I Like Ozma

Kyosho

I've got another notion... Oh hell forget it.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Martha Gail

Settled.  I took out our screen names for obvious reasons.

me: jose, did you guys decline a tour with weezer in '08?
jose: nope!
jose: why would we do that
jose: are we that dumb?
me: i dunno, someone said karl koch was saying so and hipsun (greg?) said it was untrue and it's dumb and bothering me.
jose: haha
jose: karl koch said we dturned it down?
me: yep, according to some noob on the forum

Quote from: Martha Gail on April 28, 2009, 01:21:49 pm
Settled.  I took out our screen names for obvious reasons.

me: jose, did you guys decline a tour with weezer in '08?
jose: nope!
jose: why would we do that
jose: are we that dumb?
me: i dunno, someone said karl koch was saying so and hipsun (greg?) said it was untrue and it's dumb and bothering me.
jose: haha
jose: karl koch said we dturned it down?
me: yep, according to some noob on the forum

LOL:  TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT!  Clearly Jose was excluded from essential band discussions.  I guess that was expected since he was going behind the band's back to record his own album.  Which, I should add, is really good.  Just because Jose would have sold out to tour with the newer, lamer Weezer, doesn't mean the rest of the band would have.  Ozma should have their own dramatic reality TV show.

Martha Gail

Hipsun's name is Greg, right?  I might be way off.

all I know is that Karl Koch sounds like a piece of shit

hipsun

3 down, 2 to go.

ryen says no offer
kenn says no offer
jose says no offer

someone needs to contact daniel and star asap. let's make this tour happen!

what if what karl meant was ozmas booking people offered them up for a tour with weezer and weezer wasnt interested? perhaps our new boardie friend misunderstood the conversation with karl.

when daniel and star say no, will you people star believing me when i claim to speak the truth?

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Martha Gail on April 28, 2009, 06:34:52 pm

Yeah its "Greg Doyle"

I can tell you his social security number too if you want it....

Rome

I have a newfound respect for Todd Brunson.

hipsun

Quote from: I Like Ozma on April 29, 2009, 08:16:14 am
Quote from: Martha Gail on April 28, 2009, 06:34:52 pm

Yeah its "Greg Doyle"

I can tell you his social security number too if you want it....

seriously... someone should really steal my identity. i have a ridiculously high credit limit and lots of cash in the bank. have fun at my expense.

now back on topic:
ozma... tour... weezer...

I Like Ozma

OZMA NEEDS TO GO ON TOUR WITH THE WENZELS!!!!!

Rome

he strait up checked top pair with phil laak had a set (arguably the most disguised hand in poker), called the bet on the turn when he had top pair AND a flush draw, and then didn't even call laak's value bet on the river. I was like WTF?!
THEN he pushed minh and farha off their hands a couple hands later with only a pair of 4's! I was like gattdamn.
THEN on a later show he folds top pair high kicker because antonio esfandari was holding the nuts. He needs more recognition!

icecreamman

Quote from: hipsun on April 28, 2009, 10:59:11 pm
3 down, 2 to go.

ryen says no offer
kenn says no offer
jose says no offer

someone needs to contact daniel and star asap. let's make this tour happen!

what if what karl meant was ozmas booking people offered them up for a tour with weezer and weezer wasnt interested? perhaps our new boardie friend misunderstood the conversation with karl.

when daniel and star say no, will you people star believing me when i claim to speak the truth?

I don't know man...this guy CO-founded weezerpedia... it really doesn't get more legit than that....

sometimesrock

I saw the chat. Karl really did say these things. I do not know why he would now that 3/5 members of Ozma has denied it. But Karl did say it.. there was no mis-communication.
I don't believe in pants. I just believe in me.

Martha Gail

Then I suppose Karl was misinformed. 

sometimesrock

Quote from: Martha Gail on April 29, 2009, 06:24:17 pm
Then I suppose Karl was misinformed. 

that seems odd since the man knows everything.
I don't believe in pants. I just believe in me.

What I want to know is why Karl felt it necessary to share this message on a forum.  Being in the industry I'm not sure what benefit there would be to him to "leak" information like this.

I actually am curious what really happened now, but that's one of those things that I'd keep to myself if I found out.  That kinda thing is not meant to be fuel for fans to talk about.  I mean, what is there to discuss?  Ozma either turned down the tour, or they didn't.  But who gives a fuck regardless?  The tour is over.  Sure, it's interesting, and like I said, I would want to know the truth just as a fan, but at this point it's only because rumors are worse than information, and this has turned into a rumor.

brad

maybe karl brought up ozma to weezer and weezer turned them down knowing that their opener would blow them out of the water?

I Like Ozma

Not Jason

In any case, my money is on a miscommunication somewhere.  I don't think any involved parties would have much incentive to lie, so I'm guessing either somebody misspoke or oversimplified something.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.