May 15, 2024, 10:57:52 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Is Ozma your favorite band?

Started by Potentially Tim, November 11, 2004, 01:05:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteI hope no one misreads this and starts to talk about Nirvana now.
Quotenevermind was a good album.

you did see that coming, right CT?

jvstin

heh, that's our I like ozma :teehee:

always the guy with the desperate jokes
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I like ozma

I'm glad i could be of service.

and that wasn't a joke, its a good album.

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

CT-700

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 12, 2006, 06:19:56 pm
QuoteI hope no one misreads this and starts to talk about Nirvana now.
Quotenevermind was a good album.

you did see that coming, right CT?

Yeah Weez I figured I would say it before some one else did :) And I wasn't dissing it if it came out that way, its a great album.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes Nirvana was good. not my fav band of the 90s by a long shot, but good nontheless.

CT-700

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 13, 2006, 07:37:34 am
yes Nirvana was good. not my fav band of the 90s by a long shot, but good nontheless.

how come if you guys say it its ok, but if i say it, its a joke?

Rome

anthem for a new amanda

When I had 10,000 posts on the ozmaonline message board, Ozma was in my top five.

...Now I can't even remember the last time I put on one of their albums.

Things just change a lot I guess?

Sorry, you can go back to your off topic-ness ;P

(And Maladroit is one of the worst albums in the world.)
(I'm also convinced that Weezer hasn't made good music since the green album.)

WhoYouCallinWeez

December 27, 2006, 07:19:51 am #160 Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 07:21:38 am by WhoYouCallinWeez
yea i MIGHT say Ozma is in the my top 10 bands, but no were near top 5. maybe #9.

Quote(I'm also convinced that Weezer hasn't made good music since the green album.)

still baffled as to how ppl say Green is the best of the new Weez, and not Make Believe. the lyrics on Green are so weak and the solos all follow the melodies. how lazy. at least MB has better solos and doesnt have Crab on it.and yes you are correct Maladroit is one of the worst albums this world has ever seen. ha

I like ozma

i think ozma has always been my second favorite band since i heard their music, (next to the beatles.) and they will continue to be my second, but i always listen to them more than the beatles.

WhoYouCallinWeez

the only think thats lackin in terms of Ozma being #1 on my list is the emotional connection. i LOVE the hell out of there music, but im not hooked in emotionally yet.

Elliott

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 27, 2006, 04:50:26 pm
the only think thats lackin in terms of Ozma being #1 on my list is the emotional connection. i LOVE the hell out of there music, but im not hooked in emotionally yet.
ReaLLY? Emotional connection if I am thinking of the same term that you are, is one of my favorite things I like about ozma.

WhoYouCallinWeez

hmmmmmm.......sorry. the emotion in there songs doesnt feel..........real enough? i guess. kinda, forced. Battlescars for example doesnt feel like its coming from a real place to me, just a place he's imagined. there not devoid of emotion, just not emotion i relate to.

Elliott

The emotion that I connect with resides mostly in the double donkey disk. A Very Good Example=Continental Drift, and Maybee in An Alternate Demention.

WhoYouCallinWeez

ok i can see that. i mean Ozma IS in my top 10, but not my fav. Pink Floyd/Radiohead would tie for #1. i guess i'd have to say SToTB is the closest to real emotion that i connect with, in Restart.

Oh Jeez...

I usually prefer ska, first and third wave, so, I guess because I dig Ozma despite the fact that they don't even remotely touch my favorite genre with a ten foot pole, they must be pretty darn good in my book.
Just pretend I didn't say anything at all...

WhoYouCallinWeez

third wave is like MU330, Mustard Plug, Skankin Pickle, Reel Big Fish, right?

CT-700

I never knew it was classified into waves. Pretty cool. So first wave would be the classics, and third would be the newest artists?

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea, i didnt know that either till recently. is there a 4th wave yet? and i have no idea who would be considered 1st or 2nd wave.

the kids dont like it. no no. the kids dont like it no they dont like it all.

I like ozma

i try and listen to ska, but for some reason i just cant get into it. i dont know why, they just dont appeal to me, i think i would rather listen to punk than ska.

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotei think i would rather listen to punk than ska.

for once i agree with you. i know of some ska groups and i used to LOVE reel big fish, but i was far more into punk. does Less Than Jake fall into the punk or ska catagory? i hear arguments that point either way.

I like ozma

i used to say ska over punk, but not anymore. i think we agree on a lot of things. and i always just called less than jake ska/punk but i guess if i HAD to put into one or the other i'd say ska

CT-700

I'd say ska because its just fun music, and a little more musically diverse than punk since it draws roots from other genres, like reggae.

The Other Mike

Quote from: CT-700 on January 01, 2007, 08:32:05 am
I'd say ska because its just fun music, and a little more musically diverse than punk since it draws roots from other genres, like reggae.

actually, reggae developed from ska.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

haha. star wars holiday special. hahaha. im so glad i own that, its so so horrible. ha.

CT-700

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 01, 2007, 08:44:50 am
Quote from: CT-700 on January 01, 2007, 08:32:05 am

actually, reggae developed from ska.

Hmm the plot thickens. Shows how much I know about that end of the music spectum.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes. didnt know ska was first. ska was around b4 Marley? hmmmmm..... i guess i dindt think ska "started" till the 90s. but i thought the same about powerpop.

The Other Mike

to be fair, you probably wouldn't recognize first wave ska as ska at all.  Pre-punk influence, it sounded like what all of us laymen would call reggae; there's only really a slight rhythmic difference between the two (as far as I know).
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes