May 03, 2024, 07:52:50 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Bakersfield show, July 21st..CANCELLED?!!?

Started by Fantastic Max, July 17, 2006, 03:04:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

It's this friggin Friday. 4 days away, and none of the stores that were supposed to carry the tickets have gotten them yet. World Records said the promoter called him yesterday and said the show might be cancelled due to lack of interest in the show, I guess. But that the promoter was supposed to call back today and let him know.

That sucks ass.

Anyone else know any more about it? or am I the only Bakersfieldian in here?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Sandguy

i've been trying to find tickets for this show, too. i just got back from save mart trying to see if i could score some and the guy even called ticketmaster and they only told me about the show in the house of blues. bah, this better not be cancelled! i mean i saw matt sharp perform in front of a good twelve people a few years ago in visalia.

Sandguy

.....it's cancelled. i just called The Dome and got the official word.  :'(

Zombie Don Ho

Bakersfieldians are generally too busy managing their meth labs and riding on pigs, and such...

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Sandguy on July 17, 2006, 03:45:51 pm
.....it's cancelled. i just called The Dome and got the official word.Ã,  :'(
Are you serious.

Or is thee fudging with me?
-Donkey Lips

Helpless Rock

July 17, 2006, 10:04:45 pm #5 Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:06:02 pm by Helpless Rock
Quote from: ))<>(( back and forth forever on July 17, 2006, 05:45:58 pm
Bakersfieldians are generally too busy managing their meth labs and riding on pigs, and such...

My pig riding is award winning.

On another note;
I hate this fucking city.

[spoiler]don't really ride pigs.[/spoiler]

funwithsponges

IT'S TRUE!  OZMA HATES THEIR FANS!  UNLESS YOU LIVE IN BIG CITIES, OZMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!

Not Jason

Quote from: funwithsponges on July 17, 2006, 10:30:18 pm
IT'S TRUE!Ã,  OZMA HATES THEIR FANS!Ã,  UNLESS YOU LIVE IN BIG SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN CITIES, OZMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!

fixed it.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Not Jason on July 17, 2006, 10:56:00 pm
Quote from: funwithsponges on July 17, 2006, 10:30:18 pm
IT'S TRUE!  OZMA HATES THEIR FANS!  UNLESS YOU LIVE IN BIG SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN CITIES, OZMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!

fixed it.

Well I guess technically you would want to say BIG CALIFORNIAN, or BIG WEST COAST cities, cuz they are playing SF, right?  I don't know if they are playing Portland or Seattle or whatever, but just from a lot of the east coast oofers complaining about them missing certain areas (for example, Tom pointing out how they are missing Philly). 

Though honestly, if they are openining for The Rentals, they probably don't have that much control over where they play on this tour.

But seriously.  Ozma hates you if you don't live in LA.

Fantastic Max

I would hate me too, if I lived in Armour, South Dakota...

Seriously, who lives in South Dakota.
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Yeah, and for that matter, I'd bet that most of the control over this tour isn't in any actual band members' hands.  They have people for this stuff, you know.
I am the baseball.

Bob511

But guys, this is Bakersfield.

Bakersfield.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Bob511 on July 18, 2006, 12:00:42 am

Bakersfield.

Well I kinda think it's almost worse to let the 12 people in Bakersfield know that HEY YOU CAN DO SOMETHING BESIDES DIE IN THE OPRESSIVE HEAT FOR ONE NIGHT and then be like LOL JK FUK U GUYS MOVE TO LA! instead of just completely ignoring Philly or whatever.  But what the fuck do I care, I live in CA!  LOL FUK U EAST COAST!

tom

Quote from: funwithsponges on July 18, 2006, 12:02:43 am
Quote from: Bob511 on July 18, 2006, 12:00:42 am

Bakersfield.

Well I kinda think it's almost worse to let the 12 people in Bakersfield know that HEY YOU CAN DO SOMETHING BESIDES DIE IN THE OPRESSIVE HEAT FOR ONE NIGHT and then be like LOL JK FUK U GUYS MOVE TO LA! instead of just completely ignoring Philly or whatever.  But what the fuck do I care, I live in CA!  LOL FUK U EAST COAST!
lol...philly is a big market mang.

Not Jason

I've pretty much accepted by now that nothing worthwhile is likely to happen within 100 miles of me.  Sucks, but whatayagonnado?  Where the hell is Bakersfield anyway?
I am the baseball.

Helpless Rock

Quote from: Not Jason on July 18, 2006, 11:18:40 am
  Where the hell is Bakersfield anyway?

About an hour and a half north of LA. Then take that left turn into The Mouth of Hell, and you're there.

Bob511

Quote from: Helpless Rock on July 18, 2006, 11:56:20 am
About an hour and a half north of LA. Then take that left turn into The Mouth of Hell, and you're there.
More importantly, while it is just a bit off I-5 on the way to San Francisco, it's not particularly central to the two, which is why scheduling a show there in the first place seems a bit odd.

If I had to guess I'd say some promoter in the area thought they could deliver more than they could, unfortunately.  Which is probably the challenge of booking in Bakersfield.

Sandguy

Bakersfield - the armpit of California... something like that.

Fantastic Max

It's more like halfway between LA and Fresno.  Fresno's pretty big..you've all heard of it right? Then another 2 1/2 hours to SanFran or so.

I dunno..you either have to be really big or really shitty(local) to play here.
-Donkey Lips

Pandaheart

"Ozma hates you if you don't live in LA."

Are you serious? Ã, Because touring is so INEXPENSIVE, right? Ã, Especially when you have been broken up for a year-sold your equipment-have to buy everything all over again-make new demos (time consuming AND costly)...it's super easy to just travel immediatly wherever you like considering all that. Ã, Doesn't at all make sense to play locally. Ã, Come on, Ozma loves their fans (especially the canadian ones).

noonchild

This makes me angrier than a Bakersfield chimp.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

tis not mike other

July 19, 2006, 12:27:43 pm #21 Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:28:46 pm by =Oatmeal=
Quote from: noonchild on July 19, 2006, 08:09:53 am
This makes me angrier than a Bakersfield chimp.
+1...if I could.

tis not mike other

"Due to circumstances beyond our control the show in Bakersfield, CA has been cancelled.Ã,  We apologize for any inconvienence this may have caused.Ã,  Please contact the promoter about getting a refund for your tickets.

The full U.S. tour kicks off this Saturday in San Francisco at the Great American Music Hall.Ã,  Pick up tickets for this show and the rest of the tour here."-the rentals

poor people in bakersfeild. but it's probally calebs(correct if its a mispell) falt for not even really likeing the rentals. ;)