May 19, 2024, 06:52:08 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in Soundtracking

Started by L, February 20, 2007, 11:00:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L

So I'm going to post the full interview (which turned out to be with Daniel and Star) next month, but for now - check out this little bit from this week's column...

Is there any CD or band that has changed the way you look at music?

Daniel: Yes, there are several. The two most recent CDs that have really changed my perspective on production as well as musical and lyrical expression are Metric's "Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?" and Arcade Fire's "Funeral." I'm anticipating the new Arcade Fire just as much as I anticipated "Pinkerton" or "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness."

Star: Some CDs inspire me to write lyrics. It's not something I really do too much of.  The Format's "Dog Problems" really has that effect on me.  I feel like the whole album is very personal and yet at the same time universal. I like music with that kind of appeal and I'd like to share things I've learned or realized about life through music.  I  mean after all, what is music for if it doesn't move you?

Full column here: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976914277

L

jvstin

awesome! thank you.

daniel listens to the melvins. never would've guessed.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

brad

March 06, 2007, 08:42:13 am #3 Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:44:15 am by brad
Good job.  Thanks.

I Like Ozma

its good to see you asked all the questions everyone wanted.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

heysarahsarah

Those were really excellent interviews.  I liked the mix of personal questions, past experiences and future expectations.  It's nice to hear an interview that doesn't either sound forced or asks really bland questions.  Nice work :)

Also, a couple really georgous shots of Star there.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

amish

Quote from: Thomas J. on March 06, 2007, 09:48:07 am
1) welcome back i like ozma

2) yeah, that really was a great interview. thank you for doing it, and linking to it here for us

L

Quote from: Joe on March 06, 2007, 11:33:58 am
Quote from: Thomas J. on March 06, 2007, 09:48:07 am
1) welcome back i like ozma

2) yeah, that really was a great interview. thank you for doing it, and linking to it here for us

No problem -

I tried to get as many of the questions as I could in there.

CT-700

L

CT-700

The Argyle Rebellion

I liked when he mentioned Valencia in the article.

Hard to believe that one of my main musical influences recorded part of an album within at most three miles of me... and a good album at that.

Overall, really nice article... kind of intrigued with the Heartache Vs. Heartbreak song... I want to hear it.

brad

the heartache vs heartbreak song is definitely the one song that isn't a cover from the youtube video of daniel and star.