May 15, 2024, 10:18:57 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

=-O (sound the alarms and let the fun begin!)

Started by Sandguy, January 09, 2006, 12:32:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

Quote from: les cambrioleurs on January 17, 2006, 03:16:43 pm
dudes, Satisfaction is the other band playing... This is going to be an awesome awesome show.

where did you see that at?

brianthebrian

I bought a few extra tickets for my people back in Ohio (I, Brian, am in Pasadena now). There's a good chance all will not be able to make it to the show. If there's any diehard Ozma fans at the Knitting Factory the day of the show - I would love to play Santa and give whatever I may be able to give. I just do not know what that is. But! Hope is better than nothing so good cheers to all.

Also - anyone know if Ozma is playing BEFORE the "reunion show." I'm pretty sure they played lsometime recently, for some kid in my class said he wrote an article about "the band that played after them." I've written for newspapers before, so disinformation naturally is something that bothers me. Any clarity would be much appreciated.

Much love,
Brian.

FireAarro

Knitting Factory Reunion show SOLD OUT!! but.....
Body:    ...We've added a 2nd night!!! don't miss out...

MONDAY --- MARCH 13 (for night 2)
@ The Knitting Factory
--opening bands to be announced--
**TICKETS ON SALE SATURDAY- JANUARY 21 @ 10:00am**
($12 advance --- 14 day of)
**get your tickets this time around before it's too late!**

other shows in the area:
03.11.06:
@ Soma in San Diego, CA
tickets on sale Jan 20 @ www.lunatix.com

03.31.06:
@ Chain Reaction in Anaheim, CA
tickets on sale NOW @ www.allages.com
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

kitten

please note the 3/11/06 show is not the official back together show.  it's more of a warm up.  just so you all don't feel dissapointed.

Bob511

Quote from: brianthebrian on January 18, 2006, 02:27:43 pmAlso - anyone know if Ozma is playing BEFORE the "reunion show." I'm pretty sure they played lsometime recently, for some kid in my class said he wrote an article about "the band that played after them." I've written for newspapers before, so disinformation naturally is something that bothers me. Any clarity would be much appreciated.
http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php/topic,1352.html
http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php/topic,1476.0.html
http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html
http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php/topic,1308.60.html

Basically, they played a show at the Troubadour in Hollywood last December, opening for the Wrens.  Announcements, tickets, and the band the night of called the group Irregardless, venue's marquee said Ozma.  Probably what you're thinking of.

Bob511

Quote from: marm on January 18, 2006, 03:31:39 pm
please note the 3/11/06 show is not the official back together show.  it's more of a warm up.  just so you all don't feel dissapointed.
I.e., the KF had already printed out "OZMA REUNION SHOW OMG!1!" tickets before Soma was booked? ;)

Sarah's probably gonna hate me for not being able to take more time off....

I can't believe this!  It's like an Ozma flood!!!

GrodytotheMax

fuck the inevitable backlash

Zombie Don Ho

Quote from: I like ozma on January 18, 2006, 09:48:22 am
Quote from: les cambrioleurs on January 17, 2006, 03:16:43 pm
dudes, Satisfaction is the other band playing... This is going to be an awesome awesome show.

where did you see that at?

satisfaction myspace.

I like ozma

phatpubah

CPL593H

Quote from: Alta on January 25, 2006, 08:57:48 pm
Can someone please be a Saint and record this concert, Please?Ã,  :'(

I know someone will, don't worry.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Alta on January 25, 2006, 08:57:48 pm
Can someone please be a Saint and record this concert, Please?Ã,  :'(
I'll prolly bring my dig. camera, i.e. video capabilities, which actually has good quality, but I remember when I taped Yes Dear's show, the place was so small, the loud sound made the audio not so great, but the video was impeccable.

Anyways, I'll probably do that.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

i wanted to record it on my mp3 player, but the recorder thing got messed up

kitten

we should invent some sort of recording device/bra so that you can boot shows without getting caught.

tom

Quote from: marm on January 26, 2006, 06:24:09 pm
we should invent some sort of recording device/bra so that you can boot shows without getting caught.

i swear to god when i read this i thought it said "show boobs without getting caught"

2p

January 27, 2006, 03:20:43 pm #106 Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 03:38:42 pm by 2p
MAE SHI IS PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME.  LOTS OF ENERGY.

Clive Warren

aw, why do they have to play at soma?  they're not emo or anything like that.  oh well, i'll still try to go.
We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles.

heysarahsarah

Bob is recording, even though he did have a dream last night that he was booting the show and some dude from the venue like, interrupted the whole show to be like "YOURE RECORDING OMG YOU CANT DO THAT STOP THE SHOW!"

He confirmed that he would still be doing so, despite this.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

ruddiger_718

Hey, I am going to this show, but I have never been to the Key Club, and was wondering what the size of the venue is like? Is it compared to any of the other venues I have been to, which include, The Glass House, The Vault, The El Rey, The Troubador, The Wiltern, and the Chain Reaction. ANything Like any of those? Thanks.

I like ozma

i seen yes dear at the knitting factory (side stage) and it wasnt very big compared to the troubadour or the wiltern, those are the only other two ive been in. but i think they are going to be in the main stage and ive never been in it.

oatmeal

Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 29, 2006, 12:11:08 am
Bob is recording, even though he did have a dream last night that he was booting the show and some dude from the venue like, interrupted the whole show to be like "YOURE RECORDING OMG YOU CANT DO THAT STOP THE SHOW!"

He confirmed that he would still be doing so, despite this.
awesome, I love Bob.

I like ozma

I like ozma

i had a dream and stephanie was in it last night. strange....

heysarahsarah

Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

patty

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

phatpubah

CPL593H

funwithsponges