May 15, 2024, 11:06:35 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

studio pics

Started by hipsun, December 14, 2006, 09:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

Yeah it is definately pretty unique, its just that FirstAct gets a lot of flack because people don't know about their custom shop. And if anyone like Casey is interested, you can design and buy a custom guitar/bass at their site. Pretty cool. Expensive.

I like ozma

ozma begins recording sessions tomarrow again! woo hoo!

WhoYouCallinWeez

love the new video they posted, the best one yet

Elliott

January 07, 2007, 08:38:36 pm #93 Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:40:40 pm by Oatmeal
Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 07, 2007, 08:09:40 pm
love the new video they posted, the best one yet
You said it, its an awesome video

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1285153&blogID=214708690&MyToken=a112ae81-2cd4-4821-978b-0905087a685b

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=copticrecords

for you who havent seen it, it is the newest video on the coptic records youtube page

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I like ozma

i like the cover of "ill get you"

WhoYouCallinWeez

i love the Carpenters' Superstar cover. i think thats what its called. and of course big fan of the Mykel and Carli cover.

tom

what is daniel drinking?

I like ozma

brad

may be a stupid question, but what song is that "and we almost believed it was love" song.

I like ozma

i think a lot of them are songs that they havent shown people yet.

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotei think a lot of them are songs that they havent shown people yet.

doubtful, i think they may just be obscure covers that mean something to the band

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 08, 2007, 04:30:40 pm

doubtful, i think they may just be obscure covers that mean something to the band

i think you are wrong.

brad

lol obscure covers?

"december" by daniel brummel
"mykel and carli" by weezer
"superstar" by the carpenters
"i'll get you" by the beatles
some folk riffing by daniel
and this "and we almost believed it was love" song

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 08, 2007, 08:39:36 pm #104 Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:44:12 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
Quoteand this "and we almost believed it was love" song

since its so blatantly obvious what songs there covering, why cant u name the song and the artist? didnt say they were ALL obscure, but since no one can get what song it is.......what is it help us out

since i dont have interest in Brummels solo stuff im not gonna get a song called December

brad

i already asked during this thread if anyone knew what song it was because i didn't know it.

but my lol was more for the second part of your statement - "covers that mean something to the band" - way to look way too much into that.

also, you should get a song called December because its freakin great.

Elliott

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 08, 2007, 08:39:36 pm
didnt say they were ALL obscure, but since no one can get what song it is.......what is it help us out

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 08, 2007, 04:30:40 pm

However "they may" does equal more than just one song, and it often means more than two, in fact the way you say it to me makes it sound like your saying ALL.

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 08, 2007, 09:22:57 pm #107 Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:36:51 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
Quotei love the Carpenters' Superstar cover. i think thats what its called. and of course big fan of the Mykel and Carli cover.

i got 2 of them, the rest are songs i havent ever heard, including the Beatles, so, i have no way to know there not obscure.

///

Quote from: brad on January 08, 2007, 11:49:20 am
may be a stupid question, but what song is that "and we almost believed it was love" song.

I talked to Daniel online to night and he said that it is, indeed, a new ozma song. One that he hopes will be on the new record, if it turns out well enough. Star would probably do most of the singing, he said.

personally, I think it sounds awesome.

jvstin

Quote from: justin on January 08, 2007, 10:45:30 pm
Quote from: brad on January 08, 2007, 11:49:20 am

I talked to Daniel online to night and he said that it is, indeed, a new ozma song. One that he hopes will be on the new record, if it turns out well enough. Star would probably do most of the singing, he said.

personally, I think it sounds awesome.
yes. it seems like they spliced it in half (a section of it) and scattered it in the video. it's sounding very, very good.

and Star forming a G chord is just way too fucking adorable.

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I like ozma

its a cool video, i just wish we could hear more of one song at a time.

tom

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 09, 2007, 11:19:27 pm
its a cool video, i just wish we could hear more of one song at a time.
The fact that its not whole songs is what makes it cool and watchable.
I surely don't want to see Star and Daniel hanging out in someones room on a fixed camera angle listening to 20 minutes of them noodling through songs.

parker

It'd be interesting if they switched up instruments more often.

hipsun

I like ozma

WhoYouCallinWeez

check out there new myspace "logo" graphic thingy, most impressive, most.

CT-700

Most indeed. I hope everyone put them in their top friends, as requested, so that they can double their friends by Apr/May.

I like ozma

their new logo is cool, it makes me want to shoot an alien.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes theyve been in my top 8 for a long time hooray ;D