May 02, 2024, 03:40:40 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Ozma @ The Clubhouse / 5-14-07

Started by mge, May 15, 2007, 12:11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mge

May 15, 2007, 12:11:46 am Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:12:52 am by mge
Sadly I was unable to tape as the promoter was being an ass and said I had to tear my gear down after Peachcake.

Setlist.

1. Spending Time
2. Eponie
3. Fight the Darkness
4. Natalie Portman
5. Barriers
6. Korobeiniki
7. Shootingstars
8. Wake Up
9. Underneath My Tree
10. Mortorology 3:39
11. Battlescars
12. Rocks

Encore:
13. Domino Effect >
14. Landing of Yuri Gagarin

Alex

Cool to see Motorology there, but it seems like with a new album coming out they should maybe be playing more songs from Pasadena..  Just a thought.  But hey, maybe now that the album is out they'll start doing that more.  Still an awesome setlist, can't wait to see these guys again..  though I have no idea when that will be.   :'(
We can blast way inside

CT-700

I expect there will be more new songs in the setlist in a few months. Like you said, the album still is only dropping today. Plus bands don't usually rotate in too many new songs when they have a new album, just enough to give the fans a taste of the new material and promote the album. Also when bands release a new cd, they usually haven't worked out how to play all of them live yet. Which Ryen commented on the other night. But we'll see.

Since the people going to rhino records instore show are going specifically for Ozma and the new album, it weould be really awesome if they just played the whole album in order. Actually maybe the whole myspace setlist, with Wake Up and Korobeiniki at the end.

savewhatyouare

funwithsponges

Quote from: CT-700 on May 15, 2007, 04:47:53 am
Plus bands don't usually rotate in too many new songs when they have a new album

Isn't that kinda the point of touring right after an album comes out?  I saw Muse last month, and granted BH&R came out a while ago, but they played almost every song on the new album (all but one).  Of course, they also played for two hours.  I'd love to see Ozma do that.

Wasn't a main complaint of Weezer tours circa 2002-2004 that they didn't play enough old stuff? 

The Argyle Rebellion

Well, to the person that said they wanted I Wonder, Dan played it today at Rhino (well, guess yesterday now).

I will say that the song really does sound good with Kenn and Star singing backup to Dan's acoustic performance... same with Heartache Vs. Heartbreak acoustically.  It's really undescribable how good those songs sound.

Jeff42

Quote from: The Argyle Rebellion on May 15, 2007, 11:00:14 pm
Well, to the person that said they wanted I Wonder, Dan played it today at Rhino (well, guess yesterday now).

I will say that the song really does sound good with Kenn and Star singing backup to Dan's acoustic performance... same with Heartache Vs. Heartbreak acoustically.  It's really undescribable how good those songs sound.
Wow, I wish I could hear that.

The Argyle Rebellion

Well, I know of one guy who was taping the performance, so I'm hoping that the video of Rhino will surface on YouTube.  It was a beautiful performance.

Really wish I would have brought my camera, though.  I could have gotten a picture with the band in addition to the signed copy... but I was a dumbass and didn't bring the camera.

I'm still really stoked that I got to talk to the band a little bit and that Jose complimented me on knowing all the songs and singing them aloud (though not to the point of too loud).  That is why I like Ozma; all of them, while being musicians, are down-to-earth and really cool.

Thank you to Rhino Records and Ozma for putting on an Samuel show... (pictures of my signed and mounted copy of Pasadena coming... well... sometime in the future).

Sincerely,
R.C.