April 18, 2024, 03:33:43 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

OZMA TOUR VIDEOS!!! (UPDATED SOON MAYBE!?!?)

Started by 8600, August 24, 2007, 07:29:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: brad on September 05, 2007, 07:27:16 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on September 05, 2007, 05:18:28 pm
Quote from: brad on September 05, 2007, 06:39:23 am
Can I make a request for a No One Needs to Know video?

That'd be rad.

Yeah definitely.  I want Daniel's "you don't know all the shit she put me through" in some sort of recording form.

YO DUDES.  REQUEST FINALLY GRANTED.  Hope you enjoy!  --I'm taking a break after this one for a while until I talk to the band.  <3 Enjoy.

Cremo

just seen these now

man wow, just wow.

this is probably the closest i'll get to seeing ozma.

VanSlegr Fan

yea, i loved em. i was waiting for you to live up to the Wake Up edit you did, and u surpassed yourself with Natalie Portman. i mean i never LOVED Nat.Port, but this video makes me like it alot more. and yes, props on the solo/3 shot of the guys, loved that touch with the slo-mo/blurry soloing. LOVED it Sam!
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Oatmeal

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on September 12, 2007, 05:42:26 pm
yea, i loved em. i was waiting for you to live up to the Wake Up edit you did, and you surpassed yourself with Natalie Portman. i mean i never LOVED Nat.Port, but this video makes me like it alot more. and yes, props on the solo/3 shot of the guys, loved that touch with the slo-mo/blurry soloing. LOVED it Sam!
Yeah hearing Natalie Prtman live cuased me to like it alot more than I did at the time.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys.  It's definitely an intense performance of the song; it was almost like hearing it for the firs time.  I'm glad the motion-blurred solo wasn't too silly/ridiculous.

Cremo:  Why is this the closest you'll get to OZMA?  Where do you live?

VanSlegr:  Glad I lived up to myself. :P  I do love the Wake Up edit also, but it was so difficult considering it's a mix of 5 different shoots, and syncing up everything alone took so much time.  I spent the entire day on that one, that was a good 10 hour edit at least.  That's why I haven't really gone that direction again without knowing also what this footage is going to end up for ultimately.

FireAarro

Hey Samuel, the video looks great! Some comments though, the rhythmic cuts at 2:50-3:00 (during the 3-panely bit) are kinda distracting, and the scrolling around 2:11 and the weird transitions at ~2:21 and ~2:23 are kinda odd :P. Apart from that I like it, nicely done.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Quote from: FireAarro on September 13, 2007, 12:58:20 am
Hey Samuel, the video looks great! Some comments though, the rhythmic cuts at 2:50-3:00 (during the 3-panely bit) are kinda distracting, and the scrolling around 2:11 and the weird transitions at ~2:21 and ~2:23 are kinda odd :P. Apart from that I like it, nicely done.

oh c'mon!!!  :P 

I'm not sure what you mean about the "rhythmic cuts" -- I guess solely that the panels change with the music?  However, it was kinda too boring to not do that, as I didn't actually alter the actual performance, I just had a widescreen shot that featured all three of them, and I wasn't editing in widescreen so I just split it up and messed with it so it would fit in SD.  I think if I took out the "rythmic" cuts (if we're talking about the same thing) it would have been a bit too boring.

I do like the scrolling (I think maybe I could have done more of it--so maybe that's why it caught you off guard) All of the ones with slight edits are heavy on the fake pans in post production, but I never actually exploited it as an "effect" before so this was pretty much an experiment.  I know I had a lot going on here, but yeah, the vibrating crossfades at 2:21 AND 2:23 could be seen as over-kill I guess.  I'm surprised no one mentioned the only really BAD cut&/clip no matter how you look at it --and that's right after the second crossfade at 2:23 when I cut to Star and Ryen panning left to film them, but then panning immediately to the right before they're even established as a point of interest.  That might be why that vibrating crossfade catches you so off-guard too-- it doesn't really cut to anything... That's the only part I'm really unhappy with... But I still have the save file so I can always change it.  :)

Either way, I appreciate the constructive criticism.  I'm glad you guys are liking the videos and I certainly know the band is glad too.

Steveguy

Thanks Samuel for these videos.  Especially Natalie Portman! That song has been my favorite since the reunion show! 

Cremo

Quote from: Samuel on September 13, 2007, 12:04:39 am
Ireland.

Quote from: Cremo on September 13, 2007, 10:35:44 am
Quote from: Samuel on September 13, 2007, 12:04:39 am
Ireland.

Oh wow.  Well...  never say never!  You haven't lived until you've visited the USA ('cause you'll realize how lucky you are to not live here) and maybe when you visit someday, it'll be the same time as an OZMA tour and it'll all work out.  --But until then, we'll do videos.

Cremo

i was actually in boston there this year about a month earlier than when ozma strolled into town, i was kicking myself.

Quote from: Cremo on September 13, 2007, 11:50:05 am
i was actually in boston there this year about a month earlier than when ozma strolled into town, i was kicking myself.

:(  Oh man... I know that's frustrating. :/  You can always come back though!!

Джесси

I've finally been able to watch the videos now that my laptop is working again. Great job again, Samuel. I agree with everyone else in that Natalie Portman is great!

+1 dude (and not because you asked for it)
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Alex

I really wish my band could get even just one video that's remotely close to as good as these.  Good stuff man.
We can blast way inside

September 14, 2007, 06:16:41 am #44 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:10:15 pm by Joe
Quote from: nagasadow on September 14, 2007, 12:07:09 am
I really wish my band could get even just one video that's remotely close to as good as these.  Good stuff man.

Thank you! :)  And if you guys ever get really big and tour to Maryland, let me know 'cause I'd be happy to film you guys. ...PS: I just checked your band's myspace also and I really liked the first two songs I just heard.  --Which I swear is true because if I wasn't I just wouldn't have mentioned that I checked it out. :P  It's even better to film and edit a band that is a pleasure to listen to, so you can hold me to it when you guys do a national tour.
EDIT:  No wonder I like you guys, you list JEW and TGUK!! (and OZMA) as influences.

And I'm glad they got working Zoso!  And I'm glad it was worth the wait!

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteAnd guys, my karma is getting low so please +1 me again!

i mean i know they say i take stuff to seriously on this board, but really. let the karma thing go, do you REALLY think its gonna get better if u just keep asking for more karma? honestly?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on September 14, 2007, 04:37:33 pm
QuoteAnd guys, my karma is getting low so please +1 me again!

i mean i know they say i take stuff to seriously on this board, but really. let the karma thing go, do you REALLY think its gonna get better if u just keep asking for more karma? honestly?

No, I don't.  :)

VanSlegr Fan

asking for SPAM can be your quickest way to the Negative Karma Losers Club <NKLC> me and Ronnie run. :)

gloom-glaam

What about Martine and the other Mike? They should be the queen and king of that.

Guys you are SO off topic right now.

VOTE FOR NEXT EDIT PLEASE!!!

START VOTING.  GO.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 16, 2007, 01:10:05 pm
Motorology

Don't have it on tape.  Maybe from the reunion shows, but I don't think we'll want to use an unpolished, unfinished version of it.  SORRY.  :(  VOTE AGAIN.

VanSlegr Fan

September 16, 2007, 02:34:38 pm #52 Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:58:35 pm by VanSlegr Fan
QuoteWhat about Martine and the other Mike? They should be the queen and king of that.

i didn't see Martine's -spam. on the subject i wish there was a way that i could choose to NOT see other's spam. y'know? it seems we should have the option to not see it, sense i don't see any reason why a board would use the spam anyways.

i mean i know were not supposed to take it seriously, but i just don't get it period. plus i should be at -250 like my good dear freind Mike is, if were going based on how unliked on the board we are. lol, zoso and samantha are the only ones i've met/seen offline and they didnt see to hate me -45 karma times.

Yeah... good point...  but umm... we're still off topic.
It's not a big deal and I don't think anyone even thinks of karma as how "unliked" you are... 'cause I really don't think Other Mike is even that unliked.  I mean, certainly BulliesToGo is not as liked as his karma would suggest.  Yellow Lightsaber certainly is, but like, aside from him, I don't get it.  I mean, even Rome has high karma?  Lol.  Let's just let it go.  I'm letting it go... Nice idea about a way to "hide" it though... 'cause yeah, it does seem to cause more good than bad... But um... let's not talk about this here anymore.  (you guys don't want me banned, right? okay.)

ANYWAY, VOTE PLEASE.

VanSlegr Fan

no Motorolgy? Incarnation Blues!!!! Underneath My Tree!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maybe like a DDD song, Alt. Dimension? no just throw a Talking Heads song up instead. thanks.

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on September 16, 2007, 05:23:16 pm
no Motorolgy? Incarnation Blues!!!! Underneath My Tree!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maybe like a DDD song, Alt. Dimension? no just throw a Talking Heads song up instead. thanks.

Okay, I have a good version of Incarnation.  It's up now.  This has to really be the last one I do until further video stuff is discussed.

But this doesn't count for the edited one I'm taking votes for.  I want to do another full edit, so I'm still taking song suggestions.  I'm not even sure what else there is, but keep trying. :)

Steveguy

ooohbecka

sam the camera man!!!
very cool videos, watched em all. good job, hope to see you filming ozma in va again too soon!

Quote from: ooohbecka on September 24, 2007, 05:17:32 pm
sam the camera man!!!
very cool videos, watched em all. good job, hope to see you filming ozma in va again too soon!

Thanks!  (And Steve, I sadly don't have "I Wonder" filmed...  hopefully filming more shows soon.  Glad you guys are liking the videos.)

ross

Game Over would be very cool to see if you've got it. thanks Samuel!! ;)