April 18, 2024, 12:33:24 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in Hollywood 5/16

Started by Jkruncher, May 06, 2008, 03:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cesarsalad

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 18, 2008, 12:58:26 pm
::)
ugh. stay away from san francisco.

nothing more annoying than getting elbowed in the face by some sweaty douchebag or trying to save someone from getting trampled to death during "baseball"

people go to shows to HAVE A GOOD TIME to good music. when your good time consists of ruining someone else's shit, you are a douchebag and should be taken down or at least thrown out of the fucking venue.
thank you. when you are more concerned about watching out for your safety, than what's going on onstage, then the show stops being fun. these morons almost ruined it for me. someone also elbowed my girlfriend in the face.

jvstin

Quote from: dogtown on May 19, 2008, 11:18:48 am
Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 18, 2008, 11:25:45 pm
Quote from: oatmeal on May 18, 2008, 10:44:35 pm
Quote from: dogtown on May 18, 2008, 12:35:24 pm
I couldn't quite figure out why more people weren't going crazy. Best band ever!
Yes. I would say that the moshing that occurred defiantly is not the same as metal moshing. Called it moshing is a little deceptive actually. It was not hurtful at all, for me anyways.

Also, it mostly occurred in one little area so that if you where really bothered by it you did not have to be by it. So I don't know how it would almost ruin a show for some people.

As far as I seen there was no elbows in the face.

Anyways, a lot of the people who just stood there looked bored and upset. I am not saying it is not enjoyable to just stand and listen, but I find there is a unexplainable joy in stupid things such as this.
maybe they stood there and looked bored and upset because they were sick of dealing with people who mosh at ozma shows.
keep in mind that pretty much everyone there was there to see ozma. i'd imagine that to be a happy experience. hell, it's a happy one for me... until i suddenly get knocked on my ass (true story). and i'm a decently burly guy.

the last ozma show i went to, my friend's glasses were broken in a mosh. granted, i'm sure no one intended for that to happen, but that's what will inevitably happen when a group of people decide to get rowdy with everyone around them. there are varying degrees of moshing but they all require bodies being thrown at each other. elbows in the face are mostly accidental, but highly possible in that situation. i recall the band actually stopping a song to tell people to chill out (a show back in 2004).

true, the moshes occur in small areas... because the majority don't want to be involved in a mosh at an ozma show. unless they're looking for it, nobody wants to leave a show with bruises and broken personal items.

not "moshing" doesn't mean "just standing there"
i "dance," or attempt to. i'm just happy that i'm sharing a rocking moment with one of my favorite bands. last thing i want or expect is for a wave of 20 people to knock me over.

Ok. This is getting a tad ridiculous.

Any concert I go to. Moshing or not. Everything comes out of my pockets, off my head, and off my face. I don't role in with a cell phone, a wallet or my glasses for that reason - any concert has the potential to get rowdy and bodies can bump and things get broken. Leave all that stuff behind.

In regards to me and my friends "moshing" (as was stated earlier I don't even think you could call it that) -- I mean what can I say? We were so jacked up that were seeing the best band in the world, it's a Friday, we'd been drinking at the Powerhouse beforehand, the setlist was Samuel...I mean you combine all those things and we got excited. That being said, the pit was so low key. We weren't trying to hurt each other and when someone fell down we made a point of helping them back up -- all in the Ozma spirit. We tried to sing along to every song and jumped around as much as we could. Me and some other dude, pushed some guy out of the pit because he was being an a**hole and trying to make it aggressive and out of control. We forcibly pushed him out and he never came back in. We definately don't want anyone getting hurt (granted, that is a possibility, but a risk you take). See, I've been in crazy pits before - at a Slightly Stoopid or a No Motiv concert. Those suck because they're out of control and people are actively trying to hurt eachother. Not the case at the Ozma show. If it was like that I would have stopped it.

I love Ozma so much I have a hard time containing myself at shows. I know the standard Ozma show is people standing around bobbing their heads. We just let it all out last Friday, and it was hands down, pants off, the most fun I have ever had at the numerous Ozma shows I've been too.
that's fine and good. i wasn't there, so i can't exactly vouch for you guys. but other people who have posted here have done so.

and i understand that it's not fair for you especially, because you feel singled out and that you did nothing wrong. this is most likely the case.
but it goes with the territory if you associate yourself with that behavior ("i was one of the drunk guys...")

all i'm trying to point out is that there's a certain lack of consideration for other people (ESPECIALLY at ozma shows) when "moshes" start--by drunk people no less. it may be fun for you, but you should at least realize that you're giving other people a shitty time at an otherwise awesome/joyous occasion. i fucking love ozma, too... let's not make this a contest. again, i just have a different way of getting into the music.

if anything, you do understand why people don't necessarily go "crazy" at ozma shows, right?   
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

hipsun

so much drama! next ozma show, all the wussy ozma fans with girlfriends (haha) should beat up all the tough guy ozma fans. the ensuing fiasco will finally get ozma the press attention they deserve!

"5 wussy ozma fans killed in friendly moshing incident turned deadly!"

bulb dylan

I like to dance near the pit. Some have said it looks like I am tripping kids on purpose, but really it's just my wacky, wacky dance.

Джесси

Quote from: hipsun on May 18, 2008, 11:54:08 pm
Quote from: MrTuttle on May 18, 2008, 11:40:53 pm
Also, to the drunk 16 year old chick who thought she was Samuel because she could stand on stage, we were there for Ozma, not you.  I hope some other people saw the look Star gave her.  I thought it was disrespectful to get on stage when it was their show.

the drunk 16 year old (sloan) is 19 and she is officially my favorite thing about ozma shows. i might be in the minority, but i'd rather watch a super hot chick dancing than watching ryen make guitar solo faces.

That's what the internet is for   :P
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

hipsun

Quote from: Jesse on May 19, 2008, 02:40:07 pm
Quote from: hipsun on May 18, 2008, 11:54:08 pm
Quote from: MrTuttle on May 18, 2008, 11:40:53 pm
Also, to the drunk 16 year old chick who thought she was Samuel because she could stand on stage, we were there for Ozma, not you.  I hope some other people saw the look Star gave her.  I thought it was disrespectful to get on stage when it was their show.

the drunk 16 year old (sloan) is 19 and she is officially my favorite thing about ozma shows. i might be in the minority, but i'd rather watch a super hot chick dancing than watching ryen make guitar solo faces.

That's what the internet is for   :P
touche

jvstin

Quote from: hipsun on May 19, 2008, 01:58:45 pm
so much drama! next ozma show, all the wussy ozma fans with girlfriends (haha) should beat up all the tough guy ozma fans. the ensuing fiasco will finally get ozma the press attention they deserve!

"5 wussy ozma fans killed raped in friendly moshing incident turned deadly!"

dogtown

May 19, 2008, 04:55:03 pm #37 Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 04:56:14 pm by dogtown

[/quote]
that's fine and good. i wasn't there, so i can't exactly vouch for you guys. but other people who have posted here have done so.

and i understand that it's not fair for you especially, because you feel singled out and that you did nothing wrong. this is most likely the case.
but it goes with the territory if you associate yourself with that behavior ("i was one of the drunk guys...")

all i'm trying to point out is that there's a certain lack of consideration for other people (ESPECIALLY at ozma shows) when "moshes" start--by drunk people no less. it may be fun for you, but you should at least realize that you're giving other people a shitty time at an otherwise awesome/joyous occasion. i fucking love ozma, too... let's not make this a contest. again, i just have a different way of getting into the music.

if anything, you do understand why people don't necessarily go "crazy" at ozma shows, right?Ã,  Ã, 
[/quote]

I don't feel singled out. I'm just trying to defend what some overly dramatic people think is offensive rock concert behavior.

Listen, it's a rock show. You may catch some moshing, you may not. I've been to plenty of Ozma shows where there hasn't been any moshing and some where there has -- in fact I've been to Ozma shows where I've hardly seen anyone moving. I totally respect people who just want to go and watch and not go "crazy" -- that's how I am most of the time I see Ozma. But if you go into a concert with the mindset that it's just going to be a bunch of people like yourself standing around listening to music, then you have another thing coming.

You want to go to a show and get close to the stage? Expect some jostling. Expect some drunk idiots pushing and yelliing. Expect some moshing. Not saying it's always going to happen. Just expect it -- even for Ozma.

dogtown

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 19, 2008, 03:25:27 pm
Quote from: hipsun on May 19, 2008, 01:58:45 pm

"5 wussy ozma fans killed raped in friendly moshing incident turned deadly!"

Was this really funny or necessary?

jvstin

"was this really funny or necessary?"

not any more than the initial quote. which was funny and necessary.

dude, i totally expect that shit whenever i go to shows. even at ozma shows.
it's still bothersome. i just believe that there's something inherently wrong with it.

can we at least agree that overzealous, sweaty drunk people at shows are annoying?

Ianny

May 19, 2008, 06:17:06 pm #40 Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:21:04 am by Ianny
Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 19, 2008, 06:08:50 pm

it's still bothersome. i just believe that there's something inherently wrong with it.

can we at least agree that overzealous, sweaty drunk people at shows are annoying?

We most certainly can.  The only moshing I've experienced at an Ozma show was when they were on The Warped Tour, which I expected since it was Warped Tour, and most people weren't there for Ozma.  I was there for Ozma, so I stayed to the side of the front and enjoyed myself, except for when my glasses were knocked off my face and almost broken.  Which sucked. 

Every other show there has not been moshing and I certainly like things better that way.  Most fans of the band like to dance, not bump into people.  We're all better off that way, even if you dance like Carlton Banks.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

dogtown

I love how the "drunk idiot" is taking the moral high ground here. Oh the irony.

Dude! "Overzealous, sweaty drunk people" are annoying anywhere you go. Inherently wrong? Please. About as "inherently wrong" as someone acting drunk at a bar. It's expected. When you go to a concert you expect some will be there. You learn to expect and deal with it.

Oatmeal

Man some of you people are depressing me.

Anyways, Dogtown, I got a couple Idea's who you might be where you wearing a tie? Where you really tall? really short?.

I was just in the pit a couple of times. I finally got out and got some water because I felt really sick from not drinking enough.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

brad

idk....i go to ozma concerts to orgasm over ryen and daniels left hands, joses craziness, and star and kenn doing their thing.  i'm there to enjoy and respect their musicianship, not act like an asshole taking attention away from/not paying attention to the real show.

Oatmeal

christinescollywog

Quote from: oatmeal on May 19, 2008, 09:37:20 pm

Anyways, Dogtown, I got a couple Idea's who you might be where you wearing a tie? Where you really tall? really short?.

I was just in the pit a couple of times. I finally got out and got some water because I felt really sick from not drinking enough.

for some reason, i think he was the guy with the mohawk, glasses and a girl friend.

but that's just me  :P
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

http://brainjoy.blogspot.com/

bulb dylan

Mosh pits are like diapers.

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

jvstin

Quote from: dogtown on May 19, 2008, 06:40:26 pm

I love how the "drunk idiot" is taking the moral high ground here. Oh the irony.

Dude! "Overzealous, sweaty drunk people" are annoying anywhere you go. Inherently wrong? Please. About as "inherently wrong" as someone acting drunk at a bar. It's expected. When you go to a concert you expect some will be there. You learn to expect and deal with it.

oh, it's alllllll ironic.

and i was talking about something being inherently wrong with people who go gung-ho over moshing at ozma shows when they know that the majority don't want any of that shit going down near them.

The Other Mike

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrddds!
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

jvstin

Quote from: The Other Mike on May 20, 2008, 02:34:01 pm
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrddds!
whatev, mr. moderator!

dogtown

Quote from: oatmeal on May 19, 2008, 09:37:20 pm

Really tall, wearing a dark navy t shirt and blue and white checked pants!

Oatmeal

Where you the funny guy that yelled "Star Wick" then pretended not to be him as a joke?

dogtown

Quote from: oatmeal on May 20, 2008, 03:29:29 pm
Where you the funny guy that yelled "Star Wick" then pretended not to be him as a joke?

Yes. Good memory.

Oatmeal

I have the Samuel ability to remember useless things and to forget important things frequently. It usualy ends up not for the good.

Yeah, I remember you. Your friends spilled beer on us. My friend said his shirt was drenched in beer. Yeah that was funny.

You guys helped keep the fun in the audience going with the pit.

dogtown

Quote from: oatmeal on May 20, 2008, 03:56:54 pm

Yeah, I remember you. Your friends spilled beer on us. My friend said his shirt was drenched in beer. Yeah that was funny.

You guys helped keep the fun in the audience going with the pit.

Yeah, I definately did not bring a beer or have anything to drink during the Ozma set. To my knowledge neither did my friends, but possibly.

Yeah man, we were just having a good time. It might have gotten rowdy a times, but it was definately greatest Ozma show I've ever been too.

I look forward to rocking out with you in the future.

I Like Ozma

were you the guy who asked me which album denise was on?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

theozman

For the record, MOSHING at the ozma concert was very fun! U know if u wouldve done it you would have had a lot of fun. Maybe you r embarressed or r afraid to have fun but for everyone that was there that did it had a lot of fun.... NEXT TIME I ADVISE ALL THOSE WHO GOT A PROBLEM TO SAY SOMETHING THERE ! U WILL BE IN THE MIDDLE GUARANTEED! WE HAD FUN! STOP COMPLAINING AND "TRYING" TO BE "COOL."
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..