May 17, 2024, 02:25:35 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Ozma fansite?

Started by lonely_hearts, January 04, 2005, 10:40:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lonely_hearts

Do you know of any fansites out there? I propose that some one (or myself) make a nice Ozma tribute/fan site to keep the memory of Ozma alive. Anyone with me or should I just shut up and go listen to my cds?

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

lonely_hearts

I meant besides this forum.

The Other Mike

well we have tablature and lyrics, and if people really wanted a photo archive I'm sure we could do something like that, and people can use the forum to trade bootlegs and such...... what more do you want?

This place sure as heck beats some geocities HTML hackjob any day.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

lonely_hearts

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 04, 2005, 11:10:38 am
This place sure as heck beats some geocities HTML hackjob any day.

I won't argue that. Geocities does look horrible, but I actually know a thing or two about web design. Anyway, it was just a thought. This forum is great, I was just thinking a page with more information about the band would be nice for people that only discovered Ozma after their fateful breakup since ozmaonline no longer exists. 

And a photo archive would be nice.

Potentially Tim

Regardless of how awesome this forum is, I wouldn't mind a concrete Web site as a source for for pictures, tabs, FAQs, interviews and videos. As long as I have to do no work whatsoever, that is.

Andy

i agree
ozmaonline.com - style maybe
maybe somebody has their photo galleries around
i have all their movies and some live movies
*clicks on ad*

amish

yeah we are working on the photo gallery idea again.

possibly integrating it with the forum, as the forum seems to be the central hub for everything ozma right now.

Andy

yeah it works well
though i dont know if a fourm or message board style thing would be best for a gallery
then again, you two have come up with some awesome ideas in the past

amish

it will be just like the previous photo gallery, except we have usernames (same usernames as forum -- they're linked) and users can have user image galleries or something.

I can't say we've even entered the testing phase of this yet.

lonely_hearts

Quote from: Bullies to go on January 05, 2005, 03:10:07 am
Regardless of how awesome this forum is, I wouldn't mind a concrete Web site as a source for for pictures, tabs, FAQs, interviews and videos.

Exactly.

Quote from: Andy on January 09, 2005, 08:54:43 am
i agree
ozmaonline.com - style maybe
maybe somebody has their photo galleries around
i have all their movies and some live movies
*clicks on ad*

It would be cool if there was some way to resurrect the ozmaonline.com site. It had everything a kid could ask for.

goldenmonkey

Are there archives of the old site, and the old, old site that had the Nintendo?

Andy

i bet there's something at least

amish

lonely_hearts

Fantastic Max

Quote from: lonely_hearts on January 04, 2005, 09:39:20 pm
I was just thinking a page with more information about the band would be nice for people that only discovered Ozma after their fateful breakup since ozmaonline no longer exists.Ã, 

What it needs, is to be the first thing that comes up on Google when you type in "Ozma".
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

amish

Quote from: ozmacity on January 16, 2005, 10:47:44 pm
Quote from: lonely_hearts on January 04, 2005, 09:39:20 pm
I was just thinking a page with more information about the band would be nice for people that only discovered Ozma after their fateful breakup since ozmaonline no longer exists. 

What it needs, is to be the first thing that comes up on Google when you type in "Ozma".
we've been messing with meta tags and stuff hoping to do just that.

OZMA OZMA OZMA OZMA

Thew more we say it the more of a chance, I think.

Pyronite

It's Google bombin time!

Seb

It's sixth down at the moment...
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Fantastic Max

I just tried Google, and it ranked 9th.
-Donkey Lips

amish

ideas:

when you search for simply Ozma on google, scroll down till you find an Ozmafans link. Click it. That makes our pagerank go up!

lonely_hearts

I just googled it and it was 13th (on the second page!) It's mostly stuff about Ozma of Oz.

I'll click on it a couple hundred times when I have nothing else to do if that'll help.

amish

I like the sound of that.

Click the ads a few hundred times too :) Sounds like you have nothing better to do. And hey, better hosting for us is always a good thing.

imatreeandurnot

Ahahah. Ozmafans just dropped to page three.

But come on guys, http://www.angelfire.com/pa/maryanne/ozma.html  is pretty important, if you ask me.

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

claydarcy

Well, in case you guys were serious, I just clicked it about two thousand times.

amish

Quote from: Bullies to go on January 05, 2005, 03:10:07 am
Regardless of how awesome this forum is, I wouldn't mind a concrete Web site as a source for for pictures, tabs, FAQs, interviews and videos. As long as I have to do no work whatsoever, that is.
we've been working on planning something like this out. we used to be a fansite, then ozma broke up and we decided the forum was all that was necessary. and here they are, getting back together. sheesh

Kyosho

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Kyosho on February 20, 2006, 04:35:49 am
Quote from: ozmacity on February 19, 2006, 11:50:52 pm
Numero Two.

Why did you bump a thread from over a year ago?
Just goin through old posts. It's fun.
And I did realize that we were 2 now, so thought I'd bring it to the attention of the Ozma Fans.
-Donkey Lips

~IYQ

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 04, 2005, 11:10:38 amThis place sure as heck beats some geocities HTML hackjob any day.
On the contrary, this place is in desperate need of Ozma midis.