May 15, 2024, 10:24:10 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

record sales question

Started by brad, July 29, 2005, 01:58:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

does anyone have any numbers on how many copies the three ozma releases sold?  i'm very curious, mostly because i have no idea.

Sandguy

maybe you can email kung fu records regarding that. they'll probably be your best bet.

brad

that's a good suggestion.  my friend told me that db once told him they sold around 20,000 of each but i'm still very curious.

Sandguy

....i'm not sure if they'll take into account the tornado pressings of rrp3 and ddd. it'll probably be off by about a few hundred, i'm sure.

Not Jason

Quote from: Sandguy on July 31, 2005, 08:01:52 pm
....i'm not sure if they'll take into account the tornado pressings of rrp3 and ddd. it'll probably be off by about a few hundred, i'm sure.

there were a few thousand copies of each of those cds made on tornado.  in order for there to be more than a thousand of each made it implies that they probably sold the first full pressing.  That would just be my guess.  It doesn't really help answer your question, but my guess is they sold at least 1000 of each on tornado.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Sandguy

brad

actually on amazon.com on the rock and roll part three page it says they sold 4,000 of them before kung fu.

brad

yeah, so after doing some looking around over at coptic records i found out they sold over 50,000,, just fyi.