May 15, 2024, 10:57:24 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Speak Easy has a release date, and Coptic Records is up!

Started by Ianny, August 24, 2005, 08:45:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianny

From Dan's myspace:

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

SPEAK EASY RELEASE DATE SEPTEMBER 27TH 2005

After nearly two years devoted to this project, "Speak Easy" is finally mastered and it sounds prime! Gene Paul really opened up the tones... it was recorded in bedrooms, living rooms, and bedrooms, so it sounds personal, but now it also sounds crisp, clear and full. The track listing changed slightly from what I previously posted:

1. Mr. Brown
2. Sao Paulo
3. Mystery of the Cathedrals
4. Coo Coo Bird (traditional)
5. Health & Happiness
6. Mourning Song
7. Misadventures in Stride
8. Language of the Birds
9. Banks of the Ohio (trad.)
10. Blindman's Song (words adapted from Rilke)
11. O Death (trad.)
12. Barbara Allen (trad.)

Preorders will be accepted soon, early September sometime. Copies will start shipping out on September 27th. Unfortunately online mail-order will be the only way to purchase the record until I can secure distribution.

Also on 9/27 will be the CD release party show at the Hotel Cafe. I will be joined onstage by Laura Steenberge and Corey Fogel (both of Monstro) to perform songs from the record and others. Doors 8pm, $8 cover. Hope to see you all there.

--------------------

Also, Coptic Records web site is now up and running over at www.copticrecords.com.  Speak Easy is up, and album art is up for the new Commuter Music, Gone With the Ghosts, and Monstro!
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

heysarahsarah

yeah, I heard about this and I am very excited.  I shall be preordering as soon as its available, for sure.  :D
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

OMGWTFBBQ

August 24, 2005, 09:58:51 pm #2 Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:00:54 pm by OMGWTFBBQ
it also has an mp3 of 'O Death', which wasn't avaliable before, was it?

i remember hearing him play it when he did that radio session.. the studio version sounds rad with the percussion. appropriately murky and so forth.

Kyosho

Did you guys check out that PDF of the Speak Easy page?

QuoteBrummel is currently a member of The Elected (featuring Blake Sennett of Rilo Kiley and Jason Boesel of Bright Eyes), a group which will release its second album for Sub Pop in 2006.

What is this? I've never heard of them, and they're already on their second album?!

http://www.theelected.com/

He doesn't seem to be in any of the pictures. But on the music page it says he plays bass. Is he a recent addition perhaps?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Bob511

Nope, he was on the first album as well.  As I recall, though, he was pretty busy around the time the first album finally made it to release, and thus didn't make it into much of the promo material, nor on tour with the band at the time.

///

coptic records also has a link to the Gone With The Ghosts site

this is all very cool...

Not Jason

thing is, daniel WAS in a lot of the old press photos.  they just subtracted any trace of him from the website a while back.  unless Miriam fucked up a time travel expidition, that sort of thing doesn't generally happen accidentally.  It gave me the impression that Daniel was officially out of the group.  So I'm a bit suprised (pleased) that there are claims to the contrary.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on August 25, 2005, 11:49:12 am
thing is, daniel WAS in a lot of the old press photos.

really?  I'm with bob on this one.  I remember a stand-in being used a bunch of times and no actual promo pics with dan in them.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on August 25, 2005, 12:12:04 pm

really?Ã,  I'm with bob on this one.Ã,  I remember a stand-in being used a bunch of times and no actual promo pics with dan in them.

I'm relatively sure there were at least a few photos with dan that were featured on the site.  unfortunately i can't find much in the way of proof.  in any case, the website offers almost no indication that he's still in the band.
I am the baseball.

bulb dylan

I think you might be thinking of the SXSW page/pics of GwtG (which would explain your memory of M linking you, for she did that with the SXSW page), I don't believe he ever was photo'd with The Elected.

Not Jason

Quote from: Yellow Lightsaber on August 26, 2005, 10:37:51 am
I think you might be thinking of the SXSW page/pics of GwtG (which would explain your memory of M linking you, for she did that with the SXSW page), I don't believe he ever was photo'd with The Elected.

the miriam thing was a shitty forced bttf refference.

and I never actually saw those gwtg photos.
I am the baseball.

Andy

Jordan

Quote from: Not Jason on August 25, 2005, 12:56:58 pm

really?  I'm with bob on this one.  I remember a stand-in being used a bunch of times and no actual promo pics with dan in them.

I'm relatively sure there were at least a few photos with dan that were featured on the site.  unfortunately i can't find much in the way of proof.  in any case, the website offers almost no indication that he's still in the band.

i've actually also seen at least one, maybe two, pictures of the elected with daniel in it. i think it was in a magazine. probably Alternative Press.

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

dr.pyser

Quote from: JordanInHelsinki on August 28, 2005, 12:55:39 am
Quote from: Not Jason on August 25, 2005, 12:56:58 pm

really?Ã,  I'm with bob on this one.Ã,  I remember a stand-in being used a bunch of times and no actual promo pics with dan in them.

I'm relatively sure there were at least a few photos with dan that were featured on the site.Ã,  unfortunately i can't find much in the way of proof.Ã,  in any case, the website offers almost no indication that he's still in the band.

i've actually also seen at least one, maybe two, pictures of the elected with daniel in it. i think it was in a magazine. probably Alternative Press.

-JordanÃ,  :)

yeah i think you guys are right there was at least two pics with him in it.

bulb dylan

Those were probably from the recording sessions and used before proper promo materials of the touring band could be had?

hm.

Seb

Quote from: Kyosho on August 25, 2005, 08:30:01 am
Did you guys check out that PDF of the Speak Easy page?

QuoteBrummel is currently a member of The Elected (featuring Blake Sennett of Rilo Kiley and Jason Boesel of Bright Eyes), a group which will release its second album for Sub Pop in 2006.

What is this? I've never heard of them, and they're already on their second album?!

http://www.theelected.com/

He doesn't seem to be in any of the pictures. But on the music page it says he plays bass. Is he a recent addition perhaps?

Dude, "Me First" was pretty much the best album of 2004, and far better than the latest Rilo Kiley album, at that. Dan played bass on the record but didn't tour with them too much. I'm surprised (but thoroughly pleased) to hear that he's still working with them on the second album.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Not Jason

Quote from: Seb on September 03, 2005, 07:57:33 am
"Me First" was pretty much the best album of 2004

I suppose that's AN opinion.

I think it had a lot of good things going for it, but I can only listen to Blake cry so much.
I am the baseball.

thekoalastampede

Quote from: Not Jason on September 03, 2005, 06:17:06 pm
Quote from: Seb on September 03, 2005, 07:57:33 am
"Me First" was pretty much the best album of 2004

I suppose that's AN opinion.

I think it had a lot of good things going for it, but I can only listen to Blake cry so much.

I think it was one of the BETTER albums of 2004 and definitely one of my favorites. The best...no.

Ianny

And I still like "More Adventurous" better than "Me First."  I like them both, but I like MA more.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.