May 15, 2024, 10:15:10 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Ozma Tribute on the old MP3.com

Started by Kyosho, September 02, 2005, 12:51:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyosho

A few years ago, on the old MP3.com, there was an Ozma Tribute page, with some Ozma covers by a few different bands. One of which was a cover of Natalie Portman that (I think) was acoustic. I've listened to both verions of Lowfive's cover, and that's definitely not it. Does anyone know who made the one I'm referring to? I really want it again...

For some reason (I have no idea why), I keep thinking it might be the band that made the cover of Across the Sea (Weezer). The one that's always mislabeled as being Ozma on p2ps. If anyone knows who that band was as well, please speak up, regardless of whether they made any Ozma covers.

Also, anyone know what the other ones were on the Ozma Tribute page?

Hell, while I'm at it, does anyone have a list of what bands have made ANY Ozma covers and what songs they covered?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

thekoalastampede

i think the off formerly the oof has gotten to a point where we could make our own ozma tribute...i tried to get something going about 2-3 years ago...evidently I failed.

would it be worth it to give it another go?

Not Jason

I still like The CafFiends cover of "Battlescars".
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

icecreamman

Yeah, the Battlescars cover rocks.

I am pretty sure the acoustic Natalie Portman was done by Warren of Basner.

Sandguy

there was L.A. by someone and Alpha Q (me and Kaleigh), we did You Know the Story.

warren

Quote from: icecreamman on September 02, 2005, 02:01:20 pm

yep.  and sorry kyosho, but i don't have it.  anyway, i'm glad you liked it/are showing interest in hearing it. 

imatreeandurnot

Quote from: Sandguy on September 02, 2005, 02:40:58 pm
there was L.A. by someone
That was by someone named Arbi.

I think the mp3s that were on mp3.com were

• Alpha Q - You know the story
  • Arbi - LA
  • Warren Miller (of Basner) - Natalie Portman
  • Omron - I'd give my heart
  • The Wishlist - The up and downs

I have some other covers as well (and will upload somewhere if wanted)

• Anthony Baumann - Utsukushii Shibuya
  • Caffiends - Battlecars
  • Castle A.J. - If I only had a heart
  • Kim (??) - Domino Effect (on cello - I think)
  • Kris - You Know The Story
  • TRUCKATRON - Lately, Trucks and cars. (but I don't think thats all they did)
  • Daniel Eischeid (of Phase 2) - Flight of the Bootymaster, Game Over (acoustic)

Kris Danger

theres a bad ass video of Handlcaps and Harmonies playine eponine :)

funwithsponges

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on September 02, 2005, 02:53:38 pm
I think the mp3s that were on mp3.com were

• Alpha Q - You know the story
  • Arbi - LA
  • Warren Miller (of Basner) - Natalie Portman
  • Omron - I'd give my heart
  • The Wishlist - The up and downs

I have Immigration Song by two different labeled bands/people, but it's the same song.  Anyway, one is by DFA and the other is ONIJ.  I wanna say ONIJ stood for something, and that's why it was labeled that, but I don't remember the mp3.com site anymore, but we all know DFA.

Kyosho

Quote from: warren on September 02, 2005, 02:49:52 pm
Quote from: icecreamman on September 02, 2005, 02:01:20 pm

yep.  and sorry kyosho, but i don't have it.  anyway, i'm glad you liked it/are showing interest in hearing it. 

Can you think of anyone who might still have it?

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Sandguy

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on September 02, 2005, 02:53:38 pm
Quote from: Sandguy on September 02, 2005, 02:40:58 pm
there was L.A. by someone
That was by someone named Arbi.

SICKDEER! that was at the tip of my tongue(??)/head while i made the first post.

Andy

imatreeandurnot

I got the OK from Warren to upload :)
Clicky here

If the url doesn't work, i'll upload it somewhere else.

Kyosho

Wow, thanks!  ;)

And the link does indeed work.  :D

david

imatreeandurnot

September 09, 2005, 04:04:17 am #15 Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 05:22:51 am by imatreeandurnot
Quote from: david on September 06, 2005, 10:48:07 am
there links to the other covers?
I don't have enough space on my hosting for all those songs, but I'll ask joe if I can host them on the ozmafan's server, or wait to buy space on his new webhosting service.

Then theres still the problem of getting permission from these people. Or not, since they did, at a time, distributed these mp3s on the web freely. I dunno yet :)

edit: I'll be asking some people for permission. In the meanwhile, you can listen to this band's efforts that didn't make the tribute album back then because of some bizarre circumstances: http://www.sitinthecorner.com/n00b0rz/n00b0rz/4/

The Other Mike

you have my blessing to use any TRUCKATRON! stuff you want to (torturous as they may be to listen to) barring any objection from jason.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

imatreeandurnot

Heres what would have been on the mp3.com tribute (I THINK). These are the songs I have and think were meant to be on the tribute (except for Caffiends - I dont think they were meant to be on the tribute): http://www.ozmafans.com/mp3dotcom/

The next batch of covers (including TRUCKATRON) will be uploaded tomorrow or later tonight.

If I'm missing anything, please, feel free to use yousendit.com or rapidshare.de

drew

these are really cool..i really like the flight of the bootymaster one...and the battlescars one as well..thanks
-drew

Kyosho

September 09, 2005, 08:28:07 pm #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:16:49 am by Kyosho
Wow tons of covers. Awesome.

Edit: Anyone have a full version of Daniel Eischeid's cover of Bootymaster? This one cuts off at the end.

icecreamman

Yeah that cover totally rocks, but I wonder if they chose to end the song like that or not.

imatreeandurnot

Quote from: Kyosho on September 09, 2005, 08:28:07 pm
Anyone have a full version of Daniel Eischeid's cover of Bootymaster? This one cuts off at the end.
I think he did it 'on purpose'. Does your version end at 3:25? because I had some trouble uploading - and maybe yours stops earlier than mine.

Either way, you can also IM daniel. His screenname is Daniel Eischeid on AIM.

Also, my connection is acting crazy so I won't be able to upload the other covers til tomorrow or something. Sorry!

imatreeandurnot

http://www.ozmafans.com/mp3dotcom/others/

The rest are now uploaded.

I have no idea who made Natalie Portman Cover.mp3!

Not Jason

Heh, my "Ups and Downs cover".  I almost forgot that existed.
I am the baseball.

Not Jason

the unlabled Natalie Portman cover is Lowfive.

The "Lowfive - Natalie Portman" cover is also Lowfive, but significantly shittier.  Done before I was in the band.
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

I did IM Daniel Eischeid, and yes that MP3 is supposed to end like it did. He also has an acoustic cover of Game Over. His band, Phase 2, also made a cover of Flight of the Bootymaster (not to be confused with his acoustic one).

imatreeandurnot: I used YouSendIt to send you a zip with those two covers.

imatreeandurnot

Quote from: Kyosho on September 11, 2005, 03:13:26 pm
imatreeandurnot: I used YouSendIt to send you a zip with those two covers.
I didn't get the email, I guess.  :-\

Cheese

September 13, 2005, 04:35:53 pm #27 Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 04:39:27 pm by Casey Murdoch
This is the thread of the year right here.Ã,  Man, rock my balls off.

*edit*  I don't want to be a suck ass.  But Jason, your song arrangements on every song I've heard from you are spot on..

tom

wow...I can't believe something I "organized" is being mentioned...
yeah...it was a good thought, but not enough participation was had.
as I remember, ryne (alpha q), warren, Arbi, and gabes' wishlist cover were the only ones submitted for this "official" album. I'd love to have something official get done.

k24

id rather have my "ozma rocks" song on there.