April 29, 2024, 03:10:54 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

So... Television

Started by Kyosho, December 17, 2005, 07:42:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyosho

Now that Ozma is sort of back together, kind of, though not officially Ozma yet, what happens to the song Television? Does it stay a Gone With The Ghosts song, or does it go back to being an Ozma song?

Okay, so, I realize no one probably has the answer to that yet. But what's everyone's oppinion on the subject?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Lando_Calrissian

I think the song is average, and not really much of an 'Ozma' song.

Pro-active.

Kyosho

Hmm. But have you heard Ozma play it? I'd wager it'd sound a bit different.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I think it became a Gone With The Ghosts song simply because the band or Dan didn't feel it was fitting as an Ozma song.  Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't it written back in the Spending Time... era?  I was under the impression that he wrote the song, but it didn't quite have the "Ozma-ness" that would have made it an Ozma song.  So, he hung onto it for GwtG.

I don't think Television would become an "Ozma song" now.

oatmeal

Are there any mp3 files with ozma playing televsion? Does any one here have them if so? It would be awesome if you could share it if you have it, thanks.

Colt45

Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

I like ozma

at the ozma concert i told daniel brummel that it should be an ozma song and he said to tell ryen that because he didnt want to record it

noonchild

Aside from D song, my hopes that ozma starts fresh and new.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

oatmeal

Quote from: I like ozma on December 17, 2005, 04:57:26 pm
at the ozma concert i told daniel brummel that it should be an ozma song and he said to tell ryen that because he didnt want to record it

I like ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: noonchild on December 17, 2005, 08:13:15 pm

I agree 100%.

I really don't have a whole lot of interrest in seeing Ozma playing the same stuff they used to.  That music was all very important to a time in my life, and I am thankful for it, but I refuse to be excited about hearing Ozma play the same old stuff at this point.  They're more mature than that music, so I think they can give us something more relivant now.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

Quote from: Not Jason on December 18, 2005, 08:31:29 pm

I agree 100%.

I really don't have a whole lot of interrest in seeing Ozma playing the same stuff they used to.  That music was all very important to a time in my life, and I am thankful for it, but I refuse to be excited about hearing Ozma play the same old stuff at this point.  They're more mature than that music, so I think they can give us something more relivant now.

Oh, I have plenty of interest in hearing them play their old songs. But, I think I agree with the rest. I don't want them to restrict themselves to the "Ozma sound". I remember reading an interview or two where they were having a hard time trying to stick to the Ozma sound while still progressing and making better music. They didn't want to disappoint their fans of their old sound. I think this was around Spending Time era.

The Other Mike

I would rather they avoid trying to please anyone but themselves.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

I like ozma

television is the new true acting god, telepathically convincing you youre flawed

RaRPT

I agree 100%.

True dat.
I think Ozma needs to branch out. Doubble Donkey was getting there, but I think musically most of their songs are a bit redundant. Brilliant, but a little overdone.

Quote from: RaRPT on December 19, 2005, 02:14:12 pm

I agree 100%.

I really don't have a whole lot of interrest in seeing Ozma playing the same stuff they used to.Ã,  That music was all very important to a time in my life, and I am thankful for it, but I refuse to be excited about hearing Ozma play the same old stuff at this point.Ã,  They're more mature than that music, so I think they can give us something more relivant now.

True dat.
I think Ozma needs to branch out. Doubble Donkey was getting there, but I think musically most of their songs are a bit redundant. Brilliant, but a little overdone.

Ã,¡oh my goodness!

Fantastic Max

Gone With the Ghosts was eh..
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Quote from: ozmacity on December 27, 2005, 09:57:19 pm
Gone With the Ghosts was eh..

I liked Gone With the Ghosts... personally, Television was my least favorite song of theirs, but I thought the other stuff has some nice original and enjoyable music going on.  I really did listen to their 5 songs or so a lot last summer.

oatmeal

I agree , d song was awesome. A while from know it wouldnt hert to do remakes to yes dear stuff.