May 15, 2024, 10:17:00 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma cover - Light Years Will Burn - anamanaguchi

Started by NewYorkerNick, April 25, 2006, 02:51:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkerNick

I apologize if this has been posted in the past. A future NYU student plays in this band that primarily sticks with Nintendo sound bits mixed with rock. Very Samuel stuff. I know you guys will love it. I wanted to point out their cover of Light Years though. Very nintendo-y.

http://www.myspace.com/anamanaguchi

Check out their other stuff. My favorite I think might be their first song listed, but it really is hard to choose.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

savewhatyouare

Quote from: NewYorkerNick on April 25, 2006, 02:51:49 pm
I apologize if this has been posted in the past. A future NYU student plays in this band that primarily sticks with Nintendo sound bits mixed with rock. Very Samuel stuff. I know you guys will love it. I wanted to point out their cover of Light Years though. Very nintendo-y.

http://www.myspace.com/anamanaguchi

Check out their other stuff. My favorite I think might be their first song listed, but it really is hard to choose.

wow. im having too much for with this.

The guy's voice aint bad. He should sing more often.

Jeff42

Not Jason

I wasn't really into the ozma cover to be honest, but I liked the originals quite a bit.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

jvstin

not bad... but the voice made it almost unlistenable for me.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

tis not mike other

I only listened to one other song. However I was realy impressed with the song. Its hard to find good songs like that anymore, especialy on myspace, wich is full of a bunch of crappy colone bands.

Nordel

I thought the cover was pretty cool. The originals were awesome though. I wonder how they pull these off live.

Not Jason

Quote from: ^_^ on April 25, 2006, 07:04:04 pm

yeah, they were that specific type of vocals that rub me the wrong way.  i can't sing for shit, but i'm eternally glad that my voice isn't like that.  probably one of those things he could practice his way out of.  but really, no need to bother, as good as the original songs are instrumentally.
I am the baseball.

jvstin

Quote from: Not Jason on April 25, 2006, 10:03:50 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on April 25, 2006, 07:04:04 pm

yeah, they were that specific type of vocals that rub me the wrong way.Ã,  i can't sing for shit, but i'm eternally glad that my voice isn't like that.Ã,  probably one of those things he could practice his way out of.Ã,  but really, no need to bother, as good as the original songs are instrumentally.
me too. but neil young can't either. there's hope for all of us!

the thing is, i could probably sing like that if i tried. to me (boy do i get tired of typing those two words), it's purely style. and it's incredibly uninvolving and annoying. i'd rather listen to you sing, man.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

ironbird

well, certainly not to first to do this kind of thing.  i guess its ok, but i wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it.  if i really have a need to hear this kind of music i will dust off my old NES 8 bit and plug it in.  straight to the source!
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

NewYorkerNick

April 26, 2006, 02:29:31 am #11 Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:36:39 am by NewYorkerNick
Yes well I'm assuming they aren't known much for their singing since their originality and may I say 'genius' exists in their own collaborations of NES nintendo sound clips colliding with a different form of entertainment--rock music. Nintendo and rock unite, giving birth to the ultimate guilty pleasure of the geek-rocker.

The Ozma cover was just a little extra and seemed like an opportunity for them to use their nintendo sounds clips to cover a rock song of one of their favorite bands. Covers are always respected.... (hehe GAME :-) )Very nice still.

Yeah so I think I'm gonna go to this guy's show.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

FireAarro

I didn't like the Ozma cover much, but the other music was really great.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

it's not so much "nintendo sound clips" as music synthesized with a nintendo.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

butterfly

loved it alot! i really love these nintendo stuffs. the entire sound rocks. you guys should check this band out as well. i think most of you already heard of them. if im not wrong, they started out as a weezer cover band as well.
http://www.myspace.com/marigoldmusic

anamanaguchi

hey there ! this is pete aka the guy that covered the track - i'd just like to say thanks for all the feedback ( positive and negative... i know my voice sucks  ;) )

it's bizarre that it would show up here since i used this site once before to double-check the chords for turtleneck coverup - which i was originally going to cover. you guys are all incredibly nice and its cool to see that in a community for a change. not to self-promote even further but if you dug that stuff we're putting out a release on 8bitpeoples (www.8bitpeoples.com) in a couple of months thatll be free for download/available on mini-cd (theres a ton of other awesome artists up there w/free downloads and the like too).

yee so i'd just like to say thanks for bringing me to a good mood  ;D i might stick around here for a bit actually.. i've been on a heavyheavy ozma binge recently lol

Not Jason

Quote from: anamanaguchi on April 27, 2006, 04:04:37 pm
hey there ! this is pete aka the guy that covered the track - i'd just like to say thanks for all the feedback ( positive and negative... i know my voice sucksÃ,  ;) )

it's bizarre that it would show up here since i used this site once before to double-check the chords for turtleneck coverup - which i was originally going to cover. you guys are all incredibly nice and its cool to see that in a community for a change. not to self-promote even further but if you dug that stuff we're putting out a release on 8bitpeoples (www.8bitpeoples.com) in a couple of months thatll be free for download/available on mini-cd (theres a ton of other awesome artists up there w/free downloads and the like too).

yee so i'd just like to say thanks for bringing me to a good moodÃ,  ;D i might stick around here for a bit actually.. i've been on a heavyheavy ozma binge recently lol

I wouldn't have been such a prick about your voice had I thought you'd read it.  I'm more of the talk about you behind your back type.  I really dig your band.  I left a comment on your myspace page from my band's account (wood burning cat).
I am the baseball.

I like ozma