May 15, 2024, 11:05:25 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Dan's Singing

Started by Fantastic Max, July 17, 2006, 02:58:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

The theory about Dan being in his 20's isn't very valid.  The male voice reaches its peak in your 20's.  Your voice drops significantly during puberty.  However, the male voice levels out again with maturity.  In fact, in most cases, the vocal range capability increases quite a bit. 

As for the drumming on Spending Time: I don't understand why some of you guys are saying that it was obvious that his heart wasn't in it from the drumming.  The drumming isn't very flashy, it is simple, but tight.  If anything I thought that was the most mature sounding album Ozma has released in every way, including the drummer.  However, I look forward to hearing Kenn's drumming on the new recordings.

-Brent

Not Jason

Quote from: Brent on August 12, 2006, 09:55:40 am
The theory about Dan being in his 20's isn't very valid.Ã,  The male voice reaches its peak in your 20's.Ã,  Your voice drops significantly during puberty.Ã,  However, the male voice levels out again with maturity.Ã,  In fact, in most cases, the vocal range capability increases quite a bit.Ã, 

As for the drumming on Spending Time: I don't understand why some of you guys are saying that it was obvious that his heart wasn't in it from the drumming.Ã,  The drumming isn't very flashy, it is simple, but tight.Ã,  If anything I thought that was the most mature sounding album Ozma has released in every way, including the drummer.Ã,  However, I look forward to hearing Kenn's drumming on the new recordings.

-Brent

it's also based on seeing him live in that era.  He really didn't seem to give a shit.

and I think the voice thing makes sense.  consider that RRP3 was made when dan was what, like 18 or 19 max?  When I listen to old DB, the voice sounds young to me.  In current stuff, the voice sounds older.  It may not be entirely age.  As I've stated, there has been years of cigarette smoking tacked onto that as well.  People's voices change from their teens.  I've heard it happen to many times to believe otherwise.  If nothing else, increased experience singing changes the tonal capabilities of a voice, and I know that from experience.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

gloom-glaam

Yeah, he shuld stop smoking.

Not Jason

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 12, 2006, 11:31:56 am
Yeah, he shuld stop smoking.

well, most people should, but whattayagonnado?

I was really shocked to see Rachel Haden smoking a cigarette at the Rentals show.  Christ, that voice (and the woman it's attached to) should live in a bullet proof airtight bubble in order to preserve it for future generations.  However, she still sounded good live, so whatever.
I am the baseball.

Bob511

Well, at least we've two backups.

Not Jason

Quote from: Bob511 on August 12, 2006, 12:36:34 pm
Well, at least we've two backups.

true, though i've never heard anything from the third.
I am the baseball.

Bob511

Can't they just download Rachel's skills into her?  I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel or The Island or something.

Not Jason

Quote from: Bob511 on August 12, 2006, 01:18:27 pm
Can't they just download Rachel's skills into her?Ã,  I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel or The Island or something.

I'm sure it's possible.  It's the 90's after all.  We're practically living in the future.
I am the baseball.

gloom-glaam

More like the future lives in us. I am one deep guy.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on August 12, 2006, 05:21:57 pm
Can't they just download Rachel's skills into her?  I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel or The Island or something.

I'm sure it's possible.  It's the 90's after all.  We're practically living in the future.

IT IS NOT THE 90'S.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on August 13, 2006, 04:31:00 am
Quote from: Not Jason on August 12, 2006, 05:21:57 pm
Can't they just download Rachel's skills into her?Ã,  I think I saw that on the Discovery Channel or The Island or something.

I'm sure it's possible.Ã,  It's the 90's after all.Ã,  We're practically living in the future.

IT IS NOT THE 90'S.

sorry, sorry.  "'90s."  I put the apostrophe in the wrong place again.
I am the baseball.