May 16, 2024, 10:13:38 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma Survivor: Songs of Audible Trucks and Cars, FINAL ROUND!

Started by Fantastic Max, September 26, 2006, 09:54:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song should LEAVE the OFF Island?

Lorraine
13 (46.4%)
Iceland
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: September 30, 2006, 09:54:41 pm

Fantastic Max

Los Angeles gets all the Ozma shows, some complain...well now it's up in smoke...Give a hooray, if you will.. :-\

4 days.

Choose wisely, yo.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

Cheese

I had to vote for Iceland.  I'm listening to it now and memories come flooding back from a certain time in my life.  Nothing to newsworthy.  Just always brings a smile to my face.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on September 27, 2006, 02:55:25 pm
I had to vote for Iceland.Ã,  I'm listening to it now and memories come flooding back from a certain time in my life.Ã,  Nothing to newsworthy.Ã,  Just always brings a smile to my face.
Wait...you voted for Iceland but you like it?

You do know that counts as a negative vote for it, right?
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

Cheese

Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 28, 2006, 08:12:29 am
Quote from: Casey L. Carr on September 27, 2006, 02:55:25 pm
I had to vote for Iceland.Ã,  I'm listening to it now and memories come flooding back from a certain time in my life.Ã,  Nothing to newsworthy.Ã,  Just always brings a smile to my face.
Wait...you voted for Iceland but you like it?

You do know that counts as a negative vote for it, right?

Yeah, I got it.  I worded my post wrong.

CT-700

malcolm

iceland is the song that got me into ozma, i really hope it doesn't lose
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

I like ozma

when you think of a non album song from ozma, iceland is what comes to mind. at least for me. that is why iceland wins.

funwithsponges

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 29, 2006, 08:44:00 am
when you think of a non album song from ozma, iceland is what comes to mind. at least for me. that is why iceland wins.

But it IS on an album.  Which is how it manages to be in the survivor for that particular album.

Rome

ahahahaha. sucks for those people who don't have the songs of audible trucks and cars or songs of inaudible trucks and cars albums!!! AHAHAHAH

WhoYouCallinWeez

Kyosho

Well, it seems Lorraine has just about won it. I'm not surprised. Just as I wasn't surprised when it was the song the fans chose in the Digevent thing, and that was a long long time ago. It's a good pop song that everyone can enjoy.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

yoshigaki

Come on now.  Iceland.  Mykel and Carli?  Yeah?  Come on now.

WhoYouCallinWeez

what does Iceland have to do with Mykel and Carli?

Lorraine is easily my fav "non album track" [yes this is an album, but u can't go to the store and buy it] because Back to the Future is my favorite film, i think the song is a fun fun pop song from the perspective of George McFly, just very very clever. Thats one of the things i love about them, they'll slip in a reference to the Trilogy occasionally.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

funwithsponges

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on September 30, 2006, 03:26:10 pm
[yes this is an album, but u can't go to the store and buy it]

Huh?  It's not the only limited release, out of print album ever (hell, we even had a reference to the Mykel and Carli tribute in this thread).  And it's pretty widely available online, for those non-purists out there.

Though I do agree that Lorraine is a terrific song, and I would love to see Ozma break it out sometime.

WhoYouCallinWeez

September 30, 2006, 08:33:40 pm #19 Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:35:29 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
QuoteIt's not the only limited release, out of print album ever

um, yes i know this. I know some don't consider ISoTaC an album, so i clarified what i was saying about it being a "non-album" track.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on September 30, 2006, 08:33:40 pm

um, yes i know this. I know some don't consider ISoTaC an album, so i clarified what i was saying about it being a "non-album" track.

I believe your I and S are out of place.Ã,  :P

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 30, 2006, 02:15:38 pm
if its not winning its not putting up a fight.

Neither is your mom, but we still think she's better than Lorraine....SMASH!!
-Donkey Lips

malcolm

i don't really care for references to pop culture in music
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

I like ozma

Quote from: Fantastic Max on October 01, 2006, 01:36:56 am
Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on September 30, 2006, 08:33:40 pm

I believe your I and S are out of place.  :P

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 30, 2006, 02:15:38 pm
if its not winning its not putting up a fight.

Neither is your mom, but we still think she's better than Lorraine....SMASH!!

i would love to play a round of Super Smash Brothers: Melee

gloom-glaam

Quote from: malcolm on October 01, 2006, 09:34:31 am
Ss in dislike or just lack of feeling?

malcolm

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on October 04, 2006, 06:05:19 pm
Quote from: malcolm on October 01, 2006, 09:34:31 am
Ss in dislike or just lack of feeling?

a bit of both
the emotion comming fom the artists seems fake to me. for example in lorraine, i don't feel like i can connect with daniel singing the song because he has no feelings towards lorraine, marty mcfly does, and marty mcfly isn't singing the song so i can't connect with him either.
a reference to natalie portman in said song is different because the emotion is comming from the artist, dan actually had a crush on natalie at one point but couldnt do anything about it. its also something everyone can relate to, having feelings for someone you know is unattainable.

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotehe has no feelings towards lorraine, marty mcfly does
Lorraine likes Marty, not vice versa. The song is about George singing to Lorraine

valid points Malcolm, i agree mostly. But i just love that the artist enjoys something that i have a passion for to, Back to the Future, and i connect with the Daniel through that. It's great to hear someone sing about something i feel so strongly about, when i didn't think many people did. The same reason i enjoy hearing someone sing about the unattainable.

FireAarro

I don't really agree with malcolm, in Lorraine I guess Dan probably used the BTTF characters as an outlet/metaphor thingy for his own feelings, if you know what I mean.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

malcolm

yes he did, but those are metaphors i just can't connect with