News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

2006_09_22 fight the darkness

Started by hipsun, September 22, 2006, 12:34:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hipsun

tom

jvstin

the beginning caught me offguard with the whole choir effect.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

machatte

brad

I like ozma

i think this one is a good step. ive only listened to it twice, but i like it. its the first one to do that to me.

Zombie Don Ho

ha, you would like this one.

it's goofy and the drumming's good, but meh.

I like ozma

Quote from: Planet of Sound on September 22, 2006, 04:45:36 pm
ha, you would like this one.

it's goofy and the drumming's good, but meh.

yes i would like a song written by ozma

butterfly

OMG OMG OMG! they're the hottest syntheizer 'PUNK' band this time round. yep, that's what ive just said 'PUNK'. What do you guys see new or special in these new songs anyway? How can they dissapoint us fans these way? Im still not impressed, but half of me have this feeling that they purposly put up these lame songs just to keep fans off guard of the real stuffs. I mean, if you're really coming up with something totally different, wouldn't it be too early to revealed your demos often...

FireAarro

Quote from: butterfly on September 22, 2006, 05:32:56 pm
OMG OMG OMG! they're the hottest syntheizer 'PUNK' band this time round. yep, that's what ive just said 'PUNK'. What do you guys see new or special in these new songs anyway? How can they dissapoint us fans these way? Im still not impressed, but half of me have this feeling that they purposly put up these lame songs just to keep fans off guard of the real stuffs. I mean, if you're really coming up with something totally different, wouldn't it be too early to revealed your demos often...

?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

icecreamman

Does anybody think of All Your Base Are Belong To Us when they here this?  I think the melody is similar to one of the melodies in that video.

jvstin

Quote from: machatte on September 22, 2006, 03:22:51 pm
nice huh?
yeah, it's fun. so, is this song about 'getting it on' or what?

DarkNebula

This is pretty different from the other songs. Makes me happy to see that! I still want a song with like a 2 minute guitar/synth solo though. :-D

icecreamman

So this song quickly jumped to the top of my list for the new demos.

jvstin

Quote from: DarkNebula on September 23, 2006, 06:36:51 am
This is pretty different from the other songs. Makes me happy to see that! I still want a song with like a 2 minute guitar/synth solo though. :-D
me too. i have a feeling that kid icarus is going to be the one... or at least give us a brief flavor of that (not that it really needs it). i'm a huge fan of ryen's lead guitar playing. so, if i get to hear him play a big-assed old fashioned solo, i will be more than happy.

I like ozma

Quote from: ^_^ on September 23, 2006, 01:35:33 pm
Quote from: DarkNebula on September 23, 2006, 06:36:51 am
me too. i have a feeling that kid icarus is going to be the one... or at least give us a brief flavor of that (not that it really needs it). i'm a huge fan of ryen's lead guitar playing. so, if i get to hear him play a big-assed old fashioned solo, i will be more than happy.

ditto

Kyosho

September 23, 2006, 04:37:12 pm #16 Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 04:40:37 pm by Kyosho
Dude. This song totally has a bit of ELO feel to it in certain parts.   :D

Seriously. Wow. The beginning, the end. ELO + Ozma = Whoa... I hope they continue with this type of sound.

More vocoder, please!
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I like ozma

i think the best new songs in order are.

1. i wonder
2. fight the darkness
3. darkness into light
4. straight flush
5. barriers

Kyosho

September 23, 2006, 08:50:03 pm #18 Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:59:25 pm by Kyosho
In my oppinion it's more like:

1. I Wonder
2. Straight Flush
3. Barriers, Into Light, Fight the Darkness

I've come to realize I like those last three the same amount. My opinion of Barriers has improved, and I  think it could turn into a really great song with just a little tweaking (like some harmonies!). Into Light (which, you'll see the name being on Myspace now) is good, and I haven't changed my opinion on that one at all. Fight the Darkness has a very compelling beginning and ending, but the real core of the song is still a bit less interesting. If the whole song was more along the lines of the beginning and end, It might even tie with I Wonder as my current favorites.

Of course, we're just talking these Myspace demos. No Kid Icarus yet. Still waiting on that one.

Edit: Okay, screw it, let's say I had to put them all in order...

1. I Wonder
2. Straight FLush
3. Fight the Darkness
4. Into Light
5. Barriers

It was eating at me. I had to at least attempt an order. There, now I'm relieved.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

DarkNebula

For some reason I think if the guitars sounded... harder? I would love this song like 10 times more.

Jeff42

I think this is a really fun song, although when I first heard the initial chorus I was reminded of Harry and the Potters.

tom

My favorite new song is Pictures of Your Bones.

machatte

Quote from: tom on September 24, 2006, 01:03:03 pm
My favorite new song is Pictures of Your Bones.

ahh, yes, that is a good song.

I like ozma

CT-700

You guys realize that the beginning of "ye deserve to know" = "fight the darkness"?

gloom-glaam

brad

i hate this song -- i love the others.

I like ozma