May 01, 2024, 10:04:44 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma at the Troubador - Oct. 3rd Show

Started by Fantastic Max, September 08, 2006, 09:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

September 08, 2006, 09:58:10 pm Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:07:54 pm by Fantastic Max
Who's goin?

Just realized, that that was the place they unofficially played their first reunion show as Irregardless. Should be a good ora floatin around.

Just got the day off of work. Should be a nice break from school.   And damn if hearin "Straight Flush" live won't make my night :P
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

tis not mike other

September 17, 2006, 11:30:06 pm #1 Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:38:18 pm by =Oatmeal=
Wow! I love the troubador. Look at the line up:
Satisfaction
El Ten Eleven
Acute

Autes playing!? that will been interesting and cool to see.
http://www.troubadour.com/

-speaking of acute, they put better versions of their songs that were on there and they are sounding better, Im suprised how good it sounds. I didnt really expect pat would make a good song writter until acute. I mean its not ozma, but it does sound like indie goodness to me.

phatpubah

CPL593H

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

claydarcy

But only if it's really high quality; otherwise I won't be able to bear listening to it.

;)

tis not mike other

Wow its tonight! I wish I could go but I have more important plans.

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on October 03, 2006, 11:14:05 am
Wow its tonight! I wish I could go but I have more important plans.

lofl.  good one.

Fantastic Max

Eh, good show..but not Samuel.

I'm getting increasingly tired of the same old songs over and over.

Just once I'd like "Apple Trees, If I Only Had A Heart, Last Dance, Flight of the Bootymaster, Immigration Song, Maybe In An Alternate Dimension, and Curve in the Old 1-9" to be among the played tunes.

And Ryen was like "We haven't played this next one in awhile........it's called Iceland"
::proceeds not to play it:: haha  :-\
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

WhoYouCallinWeez

when did ozma go on? aren't there 3 bands opening? HGB is ok, not the most Samuel.

Helpless Rock

This wasn't part of the Hellogoodbye tour, it was an Ozma headlining show. Acute (Pat's new band), El Ten Eleven, and Satisfaction opened for them.

I think they played about 5 or so new songs counting the Myspace tunes. "Into Light" "Fight The Darkness" "Straight Flush" I think "Kid Icurus" and then a new Ryen song which he hadn't named yet.  I agree that it would be nice if they would play different songs every now and then (though, they did play "Light Years Will Burn" which I thought was great), it was wierd that they didn't play Korbiniski or Battlescars though.

I like ozma

yeah i think its wierd they are yet to unveil Korbiniski also

nerd reich

Best Ozma show in quite some time! 

Acute were kind of surreal to see... very OG emo sound.  Kind of boring until the last song when they started channeling the Beatles.  Great song.

El Ten Eleven were out of left field; they sounded like the chemical brothers or something at a rave.  That said I enjoyed their set.

Satisfaction was awesome as usual, but with a substitute drummer that played the hell out of his parts and threw in a 3 minute drum solo for good measure.  Can't wait to see them again.

Ozma was very entertaining, the new songs are sounding very solid.  It was good to hear "LYWB" in the encore, the chorus has to be punishing the sing that late in the set.  Rachel Haden and Dan Joeright from the Rentals were in attendence, Rachel sang on "wake up" which was a nice treat.  Word of warning, if you are standing in front of Jose at a show look out for flying feet that might kick you in the head!  Also, if Dan comes out in the encore smoking a ciggarette and drops it on the stage, don't pick it up or you will get the boot from security!  Dude that spent some time with a hair straightener before the show learned that lesson the hard way.   :P

Jeff42

They played LYWB? :o

If the setlists on the upcoming tour look interesting I may have to make the trip to Chicago.

phatpubah

Quote from: nerd reich on October 04, 2006, 04:59:44 pm

Acute were kind of surreal to see... very OG emo sound.  Kind of boring until the last song when they started channeling ELO.  Great song.
CPL593H

nerd reich

kitten

oh yeah, ryen did mr. blue sky with them, yes?  i kind of wanted to hear it.  it's one of my favorite songs.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Marm on October 05, 2006, 06:52:19 pm
oh yeah, ryen did mr. blue sky with them, yes?Ã,  i kind of wanted to hear it.Ã,  it's one of my favorite songs.
Yeah it was alright..probably the best from their set.

Quote from: Jeff42 on October 04, 2006, 07:05:25 pm
They played LYWB? :o

If the setlists on the upcoming tour look interesting I may have to make the trip to Chicago.
Eh..honestly the set wasn't all that exciting..

Quote from: phatpubah on October 05, 2006, 02:38:08 pm

Quote from: nerd reich on October 04, 2006, 04:59:44 pm

Acute were kind of surreal to see... very OG emo sound. Kind of boring until the last song when they started channeling ELO. Great song.
Haha yeahh...channeling the Beatles? Haha, funny stuff.
-Donkey Lips

The Other Mike

To be fair, ELO ripped off the Beatles a lot.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Helpless Rock

Quote from: The Other Mike on October 06, 2006, 02:38:07 am

To be fair, a lot of bands have ripped off the Beatles a lot.

hipsun

Quote from: Helpless Rock on October 06, 2006, 03:38:29 pm

to be the fairest of them all, the beatles ripped off a lot of bands a lot

and oh shit.... the bands the beatles ripped off ripped off other bands... oh my god my head is gonna explode! everything is connected!@?!

brad

Quote from: hipsun on October 06, 2006, 04:03:19 pm

and oh shit.... the bands the beatles ripped off ripped off other bands... oh my god my head is gonna explode! everything is connected!@?!

4 8 15 16 23 42

I like ozma

Quote from: brad on October 06, 2006, 08:47:48 pm
Quote from: hipsun on October 06, 2006, 04:03:19 pm

4 8 15 16 23 42

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

+1.