May 15, 2024, 11:12:15 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Darkness Into Light

Started by Fantastic Max, September 15, 2006, 12:43:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

New song. Helluva lot better than Barriers, but I'm still not sure.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

jvstin

man, i think it's a really good song. a lot more rockin' than barriers since it's more dynamic and all...

ozma's songwriting is definitely "maturing"

i just hope they write a more uptempo/happier sounding tune for old time's sake 
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea much better than barriers, alot more um.....melodic? is that the word? im sure its not but i like the song a good deal! much more ozma sounding.

Brady

Sounds pretty good.  Straight Flush keeps giving me wood though  ;D

tom

September 15, 2006, 09:34:02 am #4 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:37:13 am by tom
Dude! This song is awesome...and I can hear it needs mastering..but its still fucking awesome!! Have you guys noticed like no vocal melodies at all?
Sounds like the cars 80's rockness!

Edit--maybe they just didnt feel like setting up two mic's...fuck me.

I like ozma

its a step forward, but still not ozma.

WhoYouCallinWeez

no its not the ozma your used to, but the band was apart for a few years, im sure this is all going to be a new sound for them, theyve each had there own projects in the interm, and they have a new guy behind drums. i like that its not all just classic ozma sound, that would be boring.

Zombie Don Ho

September 15, 2006, 04:42:17 pm #7 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 07:04:31 pm by Planet of Sound
yes. It's irritating/lame when people think everything an artist does needs to rigidly fit within a particular idiom.

I'm putting 'Hands on the Wheel' for the title in my itunes... He changed it from 'untitled' to 'Darkness into Light' because of some jackoff's comment.

gloom-glaam

It's pretty awesome and pretty incomplete.

brad

i like barriers more then this song.

brandoncol

i got to name this song. i sent them a myspace comment when it was still "untitled" saying they should name it Darkness into light, then they sent me a comment back saying good idea. check it out www.myspace.com/brandoncol

too bad they shortened it to "into light" now because they have that other new song "fight the darkness". i guess its illegal to have two songs with the word darkness in it.

gloom-glaam

+1 on using the same song as me(I Hate You All by Get Set Go).

brandoncol

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 27, 2006, 01:58:36 pm
+1 on using the same song as me(I Hate You All by Get Set Go).

haha, sweet!

tis not mike other

Sad to say I can only really get into Daniels songs but not Ryens. Maybee they will grow on me, maybee he will write a song that will change my mind. Only time will tell. I do like the intro though. It reminds me of a theme song for a super hero/action cartoon or something, it rocks.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 15, 2006, 02:10:57 pm
its a step forward, but still not ozma.

I'm pretty sure since Ozma wrote it, therefore making it Ozma.

Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

WhoYouCallinWeez

November 05, 2006, 01:20:52 pm #15 Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:27:15 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
Quoteits a step forward, but still not ozma.

i understand, but all bands change. just hope the songs end up better than the demos, if we ever get a new album that is.

kitten

jesus, not this conversation again.

I like ozma

im over that now. i just realized ozma isnt as good at writing songs as they once were.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: I like ozma. on November 05, 2006, 05:44:15 pm
im over that now. i just realized ozma isnt as good at writing songs as they once were.

What?

Dude, you may not LIKE the new songs, but that doesn't mean they aren't good at writing songs.  Matter of taste.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

I like ozma

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

WhoYouCallinWeez

thou obviously not a joke. he's expressed his opinion on them more than once. the songs are bad, just different.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

Rome

I like ozma

now that i have had time to listen to the new songs, i have come to realize that my favorite in order are

1. i wonder
2. darkness into light
3. fight the darkness
4. straight flush

WhoYouCallinWeez

i wouldn't of included barriers either, and i tend to like Ryens stuff the most.

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 07, 2006, 04:44:04 pm
i wouldn't of included barriers either, and i tend to like Ryens stuff the most.
tchu dat