April 18, 2024, 01:27:43 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

OZMA Reunion Tour Videos!!! (UPDATE JUNE 2)

Started by 8600, April 25, 2007, 11:57:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

April 25, 2007, 11:57:02 am Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:41:06 am by Tim/Rodney/Zach/Andrew/Rome

It's been far too long, but finally, to celebrate OZMA's new album, we will be leaking new videos for download from the reunion shows and tour which began in March 2006!

I think I'll put up a new clip of something every week or so.  It will be exclusively available on the OFF in the beginning, and it'll be up to OZMA if they want to put it on MySpace or YouTube with their collections of other videos (so please feel free to share them on a personal level, but allow OZMA to host them publicly if they choose to do so)

I'll update THIS INITIAL POST whenever there is a new video.  The download link will be included IN THIS POST--POST #1.  I'll reply to the thread to let you know a new one is up, but please come back to check this post for all the current videos.  --This way they won't be spread all throughout the thread and someone finding this topic late can get everything at once.

Right-click (or option-click on a Mac) to download these.   You can probably just left click and open them up in your browser, but they may run faster if downloaded.  These are all going to be .mov files.

Enjoy!

UPDATE!
Quote from: Tim/Rodney/Zach/Andrew/Rome on June 02, 2007, 08:39:55 am
Sorry dudes.  I've been ridiculously busy with legitimate work, being out of town, redoing legitimate work, my birthday, my mom's birthday, and making hilarious posts on the Off Topic part of the forum.
I have a few things, but I figure it's worthwhile to release this now since it's long because I know a lot of you will want it-- and a lot of you are probably in it as well.

This is a 3 camera edit of Ozma's encore at The Knitting Factory at their official reunion show last year.  The audio is a mix from all 3 cameras and it isn't perfect.  However, I think it works well enough, and it is the actual audio from the show.  If you're an audiophile this probably isn't for you, but if you're not too spoiled I think you'll enjoy it. :)  It maxes out when it gets crazy, but I really do think it's still worth watching.

Also, it's around 15 minutes long, so the file is 90 megs.  If you'd like, I can send you a smaller one, but it's still 30 megs, and I think if you can, it's certainly worth it to download the larger file as it's the best quality.

The songs are Battlescars, Rocks & In Search of 1988.

#1 .  WAKE UP - (Reunion Tour Mix) - 20mb

#2 .  DOMINO EFFECT - (unedited 8/6/06 show) - 20mb

#3 .  ROCKS - (unedited 8/6/06 show) - 13mb

#4 .  ENCORE - (edited 3/12/06 show) - 90mb

noonchild

No DVD?  ;)

Sweet video Sam... don't release the one of me!
The light cast dark shadows all around me

brad

link isn't working for me when i try to dl or watch it in a window.

CT-700

Wow awesome! Works perfect for me. I don't think I can wait a whole week for the next one  ;D

Quote from: brad on April 25, 2007, 12:40:42 pm
link isn't working for me when i try to dl or watch it in a window.

What exactly is the problem?  IM me Brad, I can try to make you an alternate version and send it over AIM.

Quote from: noonchild on April 25, 2007, 12:37:30 pm
No DVD?  ;)

DVD is NOT ruled out at all.  Just no DVD right now.  We just wanted to share this since it's already been so long.

antiuser

Awesomeness, thanks!
Let me know if you have any bandwidth issues and I can mirror it on the file repository, too.

brad

now it works -- looks good.  can't wait to see the other videos.

Rome

Hey sweet Samuel thanks for not leaking this earlier because your nose was too far up ozma's ass.

jk el oh el smile
Thanks!

Джесси

Thanks for the sweet videos!!

I am curious though, about the blue Jazz Bass that Daniel was playing, with the Telecaster-like neck. Is this his personal bass? I only ask because I remember reading somewhere that Matt Sharp used a blue J-bass with a Tele-style neck as his back up.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

brad

thats daniels backup bass when he breaks strings, which he does surprisingly often on the red one.

Джесси

Quote from: brad on April 25, 2007, 10:07:09 pm
thats daniels backup bass when he breaks strings, which he does surprisingly often on the red one.

Thank you. The breaking strings deal sounds...unpleasant. Interesting, nonetheless. I've never broken a (electric) bass string, but I've had my share of cello strings break. I guess I just don't rock hard enough.

Not Jason

April 26, 2007, 12:20:39 am #12 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:21:42 am by Not Jason
I had my suspicions, but I wasn't sure, so I went to the source:
QuoteMe: hey, quick question, what is your current back up bass for live situations?
Dan: i have none
Me: i'm clearly not a very good fanatic
Dan: i sold it to you remember

Apparently, the other bass in that video is Ben Pringle's from The Rentals.  I assumed it was something of Matt Sharp's, because he is popular for the tele headstock bass, but that's what Dan says, so I assume he knows the score.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Джесси

Quote from: Not Jason on April 26, 2007, 12:20:39 am
I assumed it was something of Matt Sharp's, because he is popular for the tele headstock bass, but that's what Dan says, so I assume he knows the score.

Yeah. It was the headstock that threw me off, as well as the fact that weezer.com notes that Matt had a blue Mexican Jazz Bass body with the Warmouth Tele-style headstock. Daniel's word settles it for me, though. Thanks for asking  :)

Not Jason

Quote from: Zoso1971 on April 26, 2007, 12:25:20 am
I assumed it was something of Matt Sharp's, because he is popular for the tele headstock bass, but that's what Dan says, so I assume he knows the score.

Yeah. It was the headstock that threw me off, as well as the fact that weezer.com notes that Matt had a blue Mexican Jazz Bass body with the Warmouth Tele-style headstock. Daniel's word settles it for me, though. Thanks for asking  :)

Well, Matt Sharp and Ben Pringle are clearly acquainted, so maybe he acquired it from Matt.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Джесси

Quote from: Not Jason on April 26, 2007, 12:27:21 am
Well, Matt Sharp and Ben Pringle are clearly acquainted, so maybe he acquired it from Matt.

Indeed.

CT-700

Quote from: Not Jason on April 26, 2007, 12:27:21 am
Quote from: Zoso1971 on April 26, 2007, 12:25:20 am

Yeah Matt's backup bass for the blue/pinkerton touring eras was a new blue jazz bass with a tele neck, so it could perhaps be this bass (considering he still has his trusty black one). I know there is a video on youtube where he can be seen with this bass, but I am having trouble finding it at the moment.

Quote from: Rome on April 25, 2007, 09:59:46 pm
Hey sweet Samuel thanks for not leaking this earlier because your nose was too far up ozma's ass.

jk el oh el smile
Thanks!

As much as I hate you, you really make me laugh sometimes.  Not this time.  But sometimes.

mike

Samuel, this is really sweet!  In an interesting turn of events, I bootlegged YOUR reunion show as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDgTkqF7rY
I'M YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T RESPECT YOU!

///

simpleton

maybe some of the new songs?

(if they did any of these, i dont remember the setlist)

funwithsponges

This may be a dumb question, but are the colors supposed to be all fucked up, or is my quicktime just screwy?

Quote from: funwithsponges on April 28, 2007, 07:53:49 am
This may be a dumb question, but are the colors supposed to be all fucked up, or is my quicktime just screwy?

Nah... there must be something wrong... :/   IM me and I'll try to send you another version later this afternoon.

tom

CT-700

Something that they play a lot, just so that you have more video footage of it to work with, like you had with Wake Up.

ie: Spending Time, Natalie Portman, No One Needs to Know, etc.

Preferably not Korobeiniki just because it gets a little repetitive.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do for all those...We'd obviously love to share everything but we do need to keep some stuff under wraps for an eventual DVD.

Since I'm not as familiar with new stuff, it will be harder to edit.  I like the Wake Up edit 'cause it showcases a lot of different performances, but I may do something simpler just for the sake of sharing something interesting and not being as big a deal to edit.

Thanks for the suggestions!  Check back in a few days and I'll see what I can come up with.

danorganplayer

CT-700

Quote from: danorganplayer on April 28, 2007, 04:11:44 pm
Can you get D song??

Theres not to much live footage of that though. Especialy because they didn't play it during the reunion tour (well atleast to my knowledge). I am sure in a few months it would be possible.

Джесси