News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Acoustic Cover of "The Ups and Downs"

Started by Not Jason, November 30, 2004, 07:48:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 18, 2007, 11:28:08 am
again, no.

listen, you might not like my music, but I take it very seriously.  If you suggest that anything I could possibly be doing is less valuable than retouching a pretty much verbatim acoustic cover song from two and a half years ago, expect me to take offense.  I didn't reupload this song in hopes of it bringing me recognition or glory.  It's a shitty cover, I know that.  I uploaded it to appease anyone who felt screwed by having an ancient thread bumped and discovering the link was dead.  And hey, that's not my fault is it?   So really, I must insist that "Fuck off" is the correct answer.  Thank you.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Elliott

January 18, 2007, 11:33:47 am #31 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:37:30 am by Oatmeal
Quote from: Not Jason on January 17, 2007, 11:57:07 pm
Quote from: brad on January 17, 2007, 11:44:24 pm
re-record the vocals and sing everything an octave higher and it woudl song good.

it's an old recording.  i still sing like that sometimes, but usually when I'm demoing songs at four in the morning and have to sing quiet.  If I were to record this today, I'd probably be belting it out a lot louder and, as you suggested, an octave higher.  When I sing that quiet, I have to sing low, it's just the way my voice works.  I doubt I'll revisit this recording though, I've got more pressing projects to worry about than two year old cover songs.
Thanks! That cover wasn't bad, if you did a new version it would be really good. Does this mean I have a chance of hearing your infamous  lo-fi instermental cover of natalie portman that some say was better than ozma's natlie portman?*

*please ;D

Not Jason

That was done by my old band, so I can't really take much credit for that cover beyond the bass playing (which really didn't add that much).  If I can find it, I might post it later.  I never made a lo-fi instrumental cover, it was done in my band called "lowfive" (I'll beat you to the punch, it's a stupid fucking name) and it had lyrics and everything.  It was a bit on the emo side, but it was pretty good, I thought.
I am the baseball.

Elliott

Oh this http://www.ozmafans.com/index.php?topic=866.0 threw me off, but yeah it still sounds cool, PS: I have been getting your pink shirt song stuck in my head, at first I didnt reconize what it was, that songs fairly good in my book. Kudos.

Not Jason

Quote from: Oatmeal on January 18, 2007, 11:41:59 am
Oh this http://www.ozmafans.com/index.php?topic=866.0 threw me off, but yeah it still sounds cool, PS: I have been getting your pink shirt song stuck in my head, at first I didnt reconize what it was, that songs fairly good in my book. Kudos.

Thanks!  I never expected that song to be very popular, but it's one of the songs that people seem to like, so I'm glad.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

Quote from: Not Jason on January 18, 2007, 11:50:45 am

Thanks!  I never expected that song to be very popular, but it's one of the songs that people seem to like, so I'm glad.

you really need to learn how to take a joke. i like the songs i have heard from you, i didnt even listen to the ups and downs cover, but like elliott said, that pink shirt song is cool, and there was another one that i really liked. i have nothing against your music, its actually pretty good considering im not much into music that is made these days.

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 18, 2007, 03:18:03 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on January 18, 2007, 11:50:45 am

you really need to learn how to take a joke. i like the songs i have heard from you, i didnt even listen to the ups and downs cover, but like elliott said, that pink shirt song is cool, and there was another one that i really liked. i have nothing against your music, its actually pretty good considering im not much into music that is made these days.

I'm glad you like my music.  I really honestly am.  And yes, maybe I do need to learn how to take a joke, but also, you could stand to learn how to actually make the joke in the first place.  It had a lot less "funny, haha" value than it did "talking shit about your work" value, and it's hard for me to qualify that as a joke.
I am the baseball.