April 18, 2024, 03:23:53 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

baby champ record #2 listening party

Started by hipsun, March 29, 2009, 08:28:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hipsun

March 29, 2009, 08:28:31 pm Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:30:04 pm by hipsun
it's done. join kenn, greg, and the spirit of bob in the official unveiling of our unparalleled work of musical pomposity. faya will be unleashed on the world tuesday april 7, but you and anyone else you feel like bringing (with the exception of the super prick "i like ozma") are invited to hear it first. check out the flyer for the gory details.

and ryen plays a solo on the record, so i consider it to be ozma related.

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I Like Ozma

March 30, 2009, 07:07:02 am #2 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:31:36 am by I Like Ozma
werent you idiots (minus kenn) supposed to disband after the first piece of crap you released?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

brad

kenn being involved doesn't make it ozma related?

hipsun

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 30, 2009, 07:07:02 am
werent you idiots (minus kenn) supposed to disband after the first piece of crap you released?

i took another shit and figured i might as well rub it in your face.

we're idiots minus kenn? who's the one in drag? we disbanded in october, but we recorded another record before that, mainly because i wanted to hear you say more hilarious things about how bad we suck, therefore exposing your extremely limited musical scope of understanding.

hipsun

Quote from: brad on March 30, 2009, 07:54:09 am

i think it does, but some people dont consider kenn to be a "real" member. how about this.... it's quadruply ozma related. kenn ryen and i are in digital seagull. kenn and ryen are in ozma. i recorded a ton of ozma demos. i co-produced pasadena. kenn is a song writer and singer in baby champ. ryen plays a dualing guitar solo with kenn on the new record.

anyways... you're all invited. a friend of ours makes homebrew beer and it's got a super high alcohol content and there is gonna be a ping pong tournament.

Alex

I, for one, loved your first album, and I wish I could be there, and I can't wait to hear it.   :rockinit:
We can blast way inside

I Like Ozma

hipsun

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 30, 2009, 09:14:19 am
so does this mean im invited now?

well.... if you really wanna drive out to orange, hang out with a bunch of old people, and get fucked in the ass by me, you're more than welcome to join us.

Oatmeal

aw, I think poor hipsun took the insults too seriously.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

its ok, he will feel bad once he notices he is the only one there

jvstin

March 30, 2009, 12:01:03 pm #11 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:05:01 pm by Bob Loblaw
you're tactless in every possible way, i like ozma. i don't blame him.

tactless, meaning that you aren't funny or insulting when you try to be. that's just one aspect of it. and you wouldn't even know when you get fucked in the ass. because it always seems to happen to you on the OFF

hipsun

Quote from: oatmeal on March 30, 2009, 10:13:43 am

nah.... i'm begging for it. the more we trade shitty insults, the longer my post stays at the top!

brad

Quote from: hipsun on March 30, 2009, 08:07:50 am
Quote from: brad on March 30, 2009, 07:54:09 am

i think it does, but some people dont consider kenn to be a "real" member. how about this.... it's quadruply ozma related. kenn ryen and i are in digital seagull. kenn and ryen are in ozma. i recorded a ton of ozma demos. i co-produced pasadena. kenn is a song writer and singer in baby champ. ryen plays a dualing guitar solo with kenn on the new record.

anyways... you're all invited. a friend of ours makes homebrew beer and it's got a super high alcohol content and there is gonna be a ping pong tournament.

i don't know who these "some" people are.  kenn rules.

if only i lived on the west coast, if only...

I Like Ozma

y'all are just jealous that Rome and I own this board

Oatmeal

Quote from: hipsun on March 30, 2009, 12:03:53 pm
Quote from: oatmeal on March 30, 2009, 10:13:43 am

nah.... i'm begging for it. the more we trade shitty insults, the longer my post stays at the top!

Good point.

dennehprehley

This shit's ridiculous!  Hipsun, I know "Faya" is going to tear butt holes apart.  haha.  I can't wait until it drops, mang.  Baby Champ brought the rock and it was always worth the drive out of the desert to see them. 
Oh, and Medka sends his regards.  haha. 

hipsun

Quote from: dennehprehley on March 30, 2009, 03:35:47 pm
This shit's ridiculous!  Hipsun, I know "Faya" is going to tear butt holes apart.  haha.  I can't wait until it drops, mang.  Baby Champ brought the rock and it was always worth the drive out of the desert to see them. 
Oh, and Medka sends his regards.  haha. 

i love all the talk of baby champ and buttholes.

Oatmeal

Quote from: hipsun on March 24, 2008, 07:27:10 pm
hey! i like baby champ too! that's totally crazy that they made a 14 song album to give away! wtf is wrong with them? what's that you say? all proceeds go to charity? are they nuts? well... yes. they are nuts. kenn sings lead on 4 songs. i think that makes this ozma related even though most of you guys don't really consider him to be a member.

www.myspace.com/babychamprock

according to this thread, baby champ is good by a 3 to 1 vote.

/end band spam

interesting quote by HIPSUN....

The Other Mike

Quote from: I Like Ozma on March 30, 2009, 01:15:30 pm

The difference is that if Rome got banned people might actually care.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

hipsun

Quote from: oatmeal on March 30, 2009, 05:55:19 pm
Quote from: hipsun on March 24, 2008, 07:27:10 pm
hey! i like baby champ too! that's totally crazy that they made a 14 song album to give away! wtf is wrong with them? what's that you say? all proceeds go to charity? are they nuts? well... yes. they are nuts. kenn sings lead on 4 songs. i think that makes this ozma related even though most of you guys don't really consider him to be a member.

www.myspace.com/babychamprock

according to this thread, baby champ is good by a 3 to 1 vote.

/end band spam

interesting quote by HIPSUN....

for that day! bump

Oatmeal

March 30, 2009, 06:27:53 pm #21 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:47:57 pm by oatmeal
that wasn't was, what I was hinting at...

jvstin

Quote from: The Other Mike on March 30, 2009, 06:18:59 pm

pffffffffffft

I Like Ozma

Ok then, using that line of reasoning: "Yall are just jealous that The Other Mike and I own this board"

Rome

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on March 31, 2009, 12:21:17 am
... if Rome got banned people might actually care.
pffffffffffft

you motherfucker.

(why was I dragged into hipsun & ilikeozma's little squabble?)

jvstin

Quote from: Rome on March 31, 2009, 03:56:11 pm
Quote from: Bob Loblaw on March 31, 2009, 12:21:17 am
... if Rome got banned people might actually care.
pffffffffffft

you motherfucker.

(why was I dragged into hipsun & ilikeozma's little squabble?)
haha, it's i like ozma... there doesn't really need to be a good enough explanation.

but i do think he likes you  ;D 

jvstin

anyways, i think illoee is a sweet record.

hipsun, please tell us how you think it holds up to illoee. does it rock hard? slow? gently? i want to know.

hipsun

for bob loblaw:

the point of illoee was to get away from anything high concept. keep it simple. after working on too many records in a row where people wanted strings, horns, choirs, etc i just wanted to play my version of simple rock. i hadn't really played guitar in about 6 years and bob had never played bass. i wanted it to sound nasty and raw. i think we accomplished that, although now i find some of the sonics a little hard to deal with. we recorded illoee in 2 weekends after practicing together for 3 weekends.

for the new record, faya, we expanded the pallet quite a bit. this time around we actually wrote most of the songs together on some level and tired many ideas before recording them. 5 songs give or take from each member, and a lot more time spent on lyrics and arrangements. we also got ourselves a huge rehearsal/recording space that inspired me to try to get some more roomy and natural sounding drums. i got a real guitar amp and some decent mics. i became a real guitar player again. pianos, trumpets, trombones, organs, female choirs, mangled spanish, pseudo rapping, lots and lots of guitar solos (it's kinda embarrassing to play solos when ryen slegr is a friend. dude is nuts.). the record is 50 minutes and divided into two parts. the first 10 songs all stand alone... what we consider to be pop songs. i dont think we have any clue what that really means. the last 7 songs are all connected to make one big 17 minute concept track. the album is musically and lyrically meaty as fuck. way way better than illoee. i think musicians will like it and girls will hate most of it. we shall see.

Rome

Quote from: bobloblawminorthreatjustin^_^ on March 31, 2009, 04:58:01 pm
but i do think he likes you  ;D 

and why shouldn't he?
I'm beautiful. I'm gorgeous. I've got huge... tracts of land!

I Like Ozma

For the record, illoee was actually kind of a decent album, it just kind of seemed TOO repetitive and i prefer a little more of a produced sound.

i will definately give faya a chance just like i do any album/song ozma related.