April 19, 2024, 05:44:13 pm

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

the crabs + ozma & teaneck members, knitting factory 5/16

Started by christinescollywog, April 29, 2009, 02:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I Like Ozma

May 08, 2009, 07:19:28 am #60 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:09:24 pm by I Like Ozma
did anyone see the video of knock down drag out? very good quality. i forgot how much i like that song. as much as the green album doesnt compare to blue album/pinkerton its still not bad in my opinion.

Also, the person who posted those videos also has a video of Jose talking about his album, I dunno if anyone noticed that or not, its pretty cool.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

EndTransmission

Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 08, 2009, 07:19:28 am

Also, the person who posted those videos also has a video of Jose talking about his album, I dunno if anyone noticed that or not, its pretty cool.

Billy Burke is the one who edited it. He owns/engineers at the studio where Ozma recorded "Pasadena" as well as Jose's solo album. That's where we are recording our album as well. Billy is an AWESOME guy, he should be at the show next saturday.

That EPK of Jose is great. Watch it in HD on youtube.

Martha Gail

Quote from: oatmeal on May 07, 2009, 10:36:16 pm
Thanks. You too.

Yeah. I am worse in public too. I often mumble.

Dude, did I meet you at the reunion show?  I only remember Ronnie.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Oatmeal

Quote from: Martha Gail on May 09, 2009, 01:32:06 pm
Quote from: oatmeal on May 07, 2009, 10:36:16 pm
Thanks. You too.

Yeah. I am worse in public too. I often mumble.

Dude, did I meet you at the reunion show?  I only remember Ronnie.
No we never met. There was a jerk the was claiming that he he used my name on here whom I think you talked to there. He was pretty much the whole reason that I did not go to that show.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

haha oh yeah i believe this conversation has already taken place, our old friend frank came and posed as "oatmeal" that day.

christinescollywog

is it just a coincidence that ozma's last show was on the same date last year?
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

http://brainjoy.blogspot.com/

gregor

So Oatmeal, other people have power over you to keep you indoors and away from Ozma shows?  I hope you have a good stereo.

I really enjoyed the green album.  Every weezer fan i knew loved it for the first month, then started talking shit.  I still love it.  It's like early beatles music.....thank god weezer hasn't made a Sgt. Peppers.  That shit sucked.
i love you guys

Oatmeal

Usually not. But in this rare case yes. Usually I just put up with people, but there was more why I could not go if he went.

christinescollywog

Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

I Like Ozma

im sure hipsun would be kind enough to pick you up

christinescollywog

not sure if i'm that desperate... D:
(although i sorta am...)

gregor

if you seriously need a ride, I'll be Santa Clarita, CA before i leave for the show.  Can you make it there?
i love you guys

hipsun

Quote from: starlet on May 14, 2009, 02:03:21 pm
not sure if i'm that desperate... D:
(although i sorta am...)

just post directions to your house and i'll be there.

cesarsalad

that show was awesome  :D

started with I Do, played the whole green album straight, and the encore was .. Tired of Sex!

brad

cesarsalad

definitely saw a bunch of people taking videos, so something's bound to show up

christinescollywog

jvstin

i am eagerly waiting for youtube vids to surface. i bet they totally tore up 'tired of sex' (especially ryen)
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

EndTransmission

I got some pretty good pictures from where I was standing, and I know someone else with a WAYY better camera than me, she was taking pics too. Hers will be great. I'll post them up here when I get a chance.

Alex

Would it be too much of a reach to think that Tired of Sex might be a preview of a Pinkerton show..?  I mean, they saved it for last, and it is the first track..  Even if it's not, that's pretty sweet that they played it, I want to hear Ryen on that solo.
We can blast way inside

hipsun

Quote from: Alex on May 17, 2009, 01:04:01 pm
Would it be too much of a reach to think that Tired of Sex might be a preview of a Pinkerton show..?  I mean, they saved it for last, and it is the first track..  Even if it's not, that's pretty sweet that they played it, I want to hear Ryen on that solo.

eh... the tired of sex solo didnt happen unfortunately. he knows it, but for some reason didnt play it. boo. i demand a do over.

Джесси

Did he just do his own thing, or was the song cut short? Goodness, I would have liked to see this.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

hipsun

someone spilled a beer on his pedals, so he just sang for the second half of tos.

I Like Ozma

Forget Ozma, they should just become a full time Weezer cover band!

MrTuttle

Blasphemy!!! They are so much better than a Weezer cover band.Ã,  You can't deny their own creative talents.Ã,  I talked to Jose after the show and was asking him when we could see another Ozma show.Ã,  I'm so worried that we won't see Ozma rocking out again any time soon.Ã,  While I do love weezer, I love Ozma so much too.Ã,  They are definitely one of the building blocks of my rock repertoire.Ã, 

Ozma, if you're reading these posts...come back soon.Ã,  We miss you!Ã,  I was hoping they would play some Ozma tunes as an encore, but I guess that would have been weird with the Teaneck members playing with Jose and Ryan.Ã,  All in all it was a fun show and took me back to a year before when Ozma was on that stage.

"The sound flowing through these cables is the blood in my veins"

jvstin

Quote from: MrTuttle on May 18, 2009, 10:07:07 pm
Blasphemy!!! They are so much better than a Weezer cover band.  You can't deny their own creative talents.  I talked to Jose after the show and was asking him when we could see another Ozma show.  I'm so worried that we won't see Ozma rocking out again any time soon. 
what did jose say?
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Джесси

Quote from: hipsun on May 17, 2009, 10:08:04 pm
someone spilled a beer on his pedals, so he just sang for the second half of tos.

What an asshole. I hope that none of his pedals were ruined.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

MrTuttle

From what I remember, Jose said he and Ryen (and I forgot if he mentioned Daniel or Kenn, but did mention one of them) were willing to play again...but I have no idea what that means, and wouldn't want to put words in anyone's mouth.  I told him there were people out there that still loved their music and would be thrilled to see them again.  I have a bad vibe about their future, but I really hope they play again in LA soon.  Damn, the Crabs got me so excited to see them again.

Oatmeal

At Daniel's monstro show in Febuary he said that we wouldn't mind working on another ozma album