Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Across The Crabs (ON TOPIC ONLY)

Started by Oatmeal, September 07, 2009, 03:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oatmeal

Quote from: starlet on October 03, 2009, 10:40:20 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kakffh439T8

yeah, i wish i rocked out more...

dude, you guys live in victorville. i don't have a car. visit me and i'll make more cookies!

**edit: i love how ryen didn't have to sing like half of the time.

Give me free cookies and I will give a you free Radiator when I am delivering in Palmdale during the week. lol. not really. I'm poor. :)
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

christinescollywog

you don't have to give me a free radiator, silly. i already have one. :P
but you're free to pay a visit! i still have leftover cookie dough.

man... those cookies were beautiful (no, really!).
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

http://brainjoy.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

Yeah they were really cool looking, its just so terrible tho that you turned me down from eating one...
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

christinescollywog

dude, i'm really sorry. i actually did mean to bake like 10 for the members and like maybe an extra 5 just in case i saw you guys. but i only ended up making 5 because- damn- they took awhile to make! (the decorating and the icing and coloring- not the dough and the baking haha)
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

I Like Ozma

Is your friend on ozmafans? She was really quiet...

christinescollywog

no haha- i don't think she's much of an ozma fan but she loves going to shows; i only introduced her to the music early last year.
[but yeah, she's usually quiet and timid at times. but once you (not 'you', personally) get to know her she's really fun and laid back.]

i'm always careful not to stray too off-topic, ever since joe locked the first across the crabs thread. so, :x

Oatmeal

Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on October 03, 2009, 03:59:11 am
Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 02, 2009, 01:07:13 pm
I did not imagine justin to be asian...
sorry to disappoint.

you guys, i got party boy'd and it SUCKED.

lol, you know it was awesome

jvstin

October 05, 2009, 10:06:08 pm #67 Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:47:58 am by ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin)
Quote from: oatmeal on October 05, 2009, 08:29:02 pm
Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on October 03, 2009, 03:59:11 am
Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 02, 2009, 01:07:13 pm
I did not imagine justin to be asian...
sorry to disappoint.

you guys, i got party boy'd and it SUCKED.

lol, you know it was awesome
well, the hour preceding it totally was

how much did the color turning suck , though! it's as if they were totally unaware that they'd be upstaged by the headliner... i really did not appreciate their "they're just a tribute band, guys lol" comments--seriously, who the  fuck is braindead enough to try to validate their own (shitty and pretentious) music by bringing down the main act?? what class acts.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

christinescollywog

October 06, 2009, 08:31:07 am #68 Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:17:39 am by christinescollywog
Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on October 05, 2009, 10:06:08 pm
how much did the color turning suck , though! it's as if they were totally unaware that they'd be upstaged by the headliner... i really did not appreciate their "they're just a tribute band, guys lol" comments--seriously, who the  fuck is braindead enough to try and validate their own (shitty and pretentious) music by bringing down the main act?? what class acts.

i glanced at the lead singer and he wasn't singing/ getting into any of the weezer songs...
i don't know if it's just me but i can't take pretty boy performers (ie. suburban legends, etc.) seriously. i really digged the drummer's beats though.
i liked argyle smile. :)
personally, they should have gone second. :P

Oatmeal

Yeah, even though somewhat different Arygle in style Smile did fit the main act much more than the Color Turning.

I when I listened to aryle smile I listened to in in an this is enjoyable and and I can relate to this, perspective. When I listened to the color turning, I ended up focusing with a musicians standpoint. The drummer real was good.

jvstin

Quote from: christinescollywog on October 06, 2009, 08:31:07 am
how much did the color turning suck , though! it's as if they were totally unaware that they'd be upstaged by the headliner... i really did not appreciate their "they're just a tribute band, guys lol" comments--seriously, who the  fuck is braindead enough to try and validate their own (shitty and pretentious) music by bringing down the main act?? what class acts.

i glanced at the lead singer and he wasn't singing/ getting into any of the weezer songs...
i don't know if it's just me but i can't take pretty boy performers (ie. suburban legends, etc.) seriously. i really digged the drummer's beats though.
oh, it's not just you! i despise that pretty boy/rockstar mentality. i have the same exact problem with the guy from rooney (although most of it came from seeing how the tween girl audience reacted). i say if you're really that much of a shithead, your music is not worth listening to (at least when it comes to indie pop or rock bands).

i was joking with my friend caleb that the guy kind of looked like david arquette with makeup/facelift... so if you look at color turning as david arquette's joke band, they're not bad. but you'd probably still want to beat the shit out of him.

argyle smile was definitely better. they should've been the only ones to join in on el scorcho + pink triangle.

christinescollywog

Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on October 06, 2009, 10:04:45 am

i was joking with my friend caleb that the guy kind of looked like david arquette with makeup/facelift...

haha actually, he kinda reminded me of the lead singer from 'new' kings of leon (i liked old kol. sigh).

[on a side note: i don't mind rooney.]

jvstin

Quote from: christinescollywog on October 06, 2009, 10:11:38 am
Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on October 06, 2009, 10:04:45 am

i was joking with my friend caleb that the guy kind of looked like david arquette with makeup/facelift...

haha actually, he kinda reminded me of the lead singer from 'new' kings of leon (i liked old kol. sigh).

[on a side note: i don't mind rooney.]
haha, probably, but i also got a huge pete wenz vibe about him. he's basically the amalgamation of many rockstar douchebags. [side note: rooney's a decent band, i'll admit. i just can't stand jason schwartzman's little brother.]

anyways, back on topic, did anyone else record stuff from the show? if so, share that shit! upload that shit on youtube! i saw at least 4 people recording.

I Like Ozma

My wife really enjoyed the color turning (gayest name ever) but i thought they were decent. I didnt really enjoy argyle smile, the girls voice irritated me, so did the guys...

jvstin

Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 06, 2009, 10:39:30 am
My wife really enjoyed the color turning (gayest name ever) but i thought they were decent.
their V necks were hilarious

theozman

i thought they looked kinda emo but at the same time kinda cool.. kinda feminine but not too much cuz of the facial hair but i do like v necks ill say that much.
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

Oatmeal

Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 06, 2009, 10:39:30 am
My wife really enjoyed the color turning (gayest name ever) but i thought they were decent. I didnt really enjoy argyle smile, the girls voice irritated me, so did the guys...

I on the other hand like some quirky voices

I Like Ozma

So are you saying that I dont like "quirky" voices?

Oatmeal

October 06, 2009, 03:15:10 pm #78 Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:26:25 pm by oatmeal
Well maybe I was generalizing you, my bad, that is a pretty serious accusation.  What I wanted to say is that I enjoyed argyle smile including their voices, which made the music more unique and personable.

I Like Ozma

Thats an odd way to make that exact point.

Oatmeal

October 06, 2009, 03:33:39 pm #80 Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:25:14 pm by oatmeal
well I though that I would be more specific, so in reality it's not longer the exact point I mentioned, but it still gives the message I want to geted ACROSS.

gregor

did any band member that anyone in attendance talked to mention anything about doing another show in May?

Blue, Maladroit, and Make Believe all came out in May, with Red coming out in June.  Seeing as how they are sticking close to the albums actual release date with their concert dates.

If they were to do a blue album show, that gives them all winter to hole up and practice the end to Only In Dreams.
i love you guys

I Like Ozma

They said there werent gonna be anymore shows

theozman

lol no more shows probably cuz you yelled out "forget the crabs, we want ozma!" lol.... i was busting up ronnie
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

christinescollywog

haha when i heard that i was thinking, 'that's gotta be ronnie.'

I Like Ozma

Well who wouldnt rather see Ozma than, Ozma/teaneck copying Weezer?