April 29, 2024, 12:42:42 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

daniel = ozma ?????

Started by butterfly, September 13, 2006, 01:53:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshigaki

I'll second the Immigration Song comment, and also, point out that you definitely could not leave out Jose, considering his presence on stage.  And then if we consider Jose based on stage presence, everyone else has to be included because they all have their quirks, also.

jvstin

i feel that jose brings that kind of energy to their studio material too. anyone could play rhythm guitar (almost), but jose's playing is vital to ozma's signature sound. plus, he co-wrote a lot of ozma tunes.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

based on Immigration Song, I would love to see Jose write more material for Ozma.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Man, weezer fans sure do provide the most insightful and interesting topics for discussion.   :P

I like to think that weezer fans can't discuss anything without comparing it to weezer.

"man, this pizza is good in the same way that pinkerton is good."
"my fantasy football team is so succesful, it is like the blue album."
"man, your farts smell like maladroit."
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

simpleton

brad

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 17, 2006, 08:18:05 am
Man, weezer fans sure do provide the most insightful and interesting topics for discussion.Ã,  Ã, :P

I like to think that weezer fans can't discuss anything without comparing it to weezer.

LOL

Fantastic Max

September 17, 2006, 07:08:32 pm #36 Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 10:42:56 pm by Fantastic Max
Quote from: Not Jason on September 17, 2006, 01:24:05 am
based on Immigration Song, I would love to see Jose write more material for Ozma.
He wrote Yes Dear's "Alright" which is a pretty darn good song.

And I love how he adds a million chords to walk between others, instead of a few-chord rythm. It's nice.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Rome

And based on how well-liked Immigration Song is with Ozma fans, it's really quite appauling that he hasn't gotten another chance.

brad

i never liked immigration song.

I like ozma

Man, weezer fans sure do provide the most insightful and interesting topics for discussion.Ã,  Ã, :P

+1

CT-700

September 18, 2006, 01:42:18 pm #40 Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:46:36 pm by CT-700
I mean his voice on that song, the dynamics in structure, and you gotta love the 80s esque harmonized guitar interlude Jose and Ryen pull off together after the first verse. Its kinda like "Not only am I going to rock hard on lead vocals, I am going to rock hard on a dual-lead guitar solo too." And then I found the live 12-27-2002 Glass House version for the first time friday night in the repository. I never knew they played it live. What a great time period too. Anyone else have anymore of this show?

The Other Mike

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 18, 2006, 12:38:23 pm
Man, weezer fans sure do provide the most insightful and interesting topics for discussion.   :P

+1

I wish I was dead.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

tis not mike other

Its not cool to be gothic, Mike.

I like ozma

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 18, 2006, 04:30:17 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on September 18, 2006, 12:38:23 pm

+1

I wish I was dead.

+2

jvstin

anywayz, i wish ozma would just write good ozma songs instead of writing good songs  :D

their not ozma lol

kitten

I don't understand what you mean by "good ozma songs."  If it's a good song and it's written by Ozma, then it is a good Ozma song.  I take your statement mean you'd like them to continue writing the same songs over and over.  Why would they want to pidgeon hole themselves like that?  People change over the years; they mature, have different experiences, learn more about writing music so of course they're going to sound different, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

And on topic, I don't think Daniel = Ozma.  Look at all Dan's other projects.  They don't sound like Ozma, but they do sound like Dan.  It's a collective effort on all their parts.

jvstin

Quote from: Marm on September 18, 2006, 08:05:11 pm
I don't understand what you mean by "good ozma songs."Ã,  If it's a good song and it's written by Ozma, then it is a good Ozma song.Ã,  I take your statement mean you'd like them to continue writing the same songs over and over.Ã,  Why would they want to pidgeon hole themselves like that?Ã,  People change over the years; they mature, have different experiences, learn more about writing music so of course they're going to sound different, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

And on topic, I don't think Daniel = Ozma.Ã,  Look at all Dan's other projects.Ã,  They don't sound like Ozma, but they do sound like Dan.Ã,  It's a collective effort on all their parts.
is this directed at me?

kitten

The first sentence or so.  Then I suppose I sort of went off on a tangent.

jvstin

Quote from: Marm on September 18, 2006, 08:08:38 pm
The first sentence or so.Ã,  Then I suppose I sort of went off on a tangent.
oh, i have similar opinions to yours on the first page.

kitten

Heh, I've been internetless for months now.  I didn't bother to read anything other than the first couple of posts and the last couple.

Mister_E

^_^ what is your avatar from?

jvstin

Not Jason

Quote from: Rome on September 18, 2006, 12:34:20 am

And based on how well-liked Immigration Song is with Ozma fans, it's really quite appauling that he hasn't gotten another chance.

maybe he hasn't wanted to?
I am the baseball.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Not Jason on September 18, 2006, 10:47:03 pm
Quote from: Rome on September 18, 2006, 12:34:20 am

maybe he hasn't wanted to?
Either that, or he kinda just let's Ryen/Dan do their thing. He reminds me of George Harrison, yknow..it's hard to just walk up to the main driving force of a band, and be like "Yeah, I got some stuff, wanna listen?" George ended up having a helluva lot of good material.
-Donkey Lips

gloom-glaam

Fantastic Max

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 19, 2006, 02:31:10 pm
He's my favorite Beatle.
Your mom's my favorite Beatle.

I'm a McCartney fan, myself.
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

I dunno, any of you guys familiar with Ringo's solo work?

"no no no, I don't *snnnfff* no more, I'm tired of waking up on the floor"

fuckin' genius, bro.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

gloom-glaam

Quote from: Fantastic Max on September 19, 2006, 09:19:17 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on September 19, 2006, 02:31:10 pm
He's my favorite Beatle.
Your mom's my favorite Beatle.

I'm a McCartney fan, myself.
Your mom's my favorite sex partner.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Not Jason on September 19, 2006, 09:35:19 pm
I dunno, any of you guys familiar with Ringo's solo work?

"no no no, I don't *snnnfff* no more, I'm tired of waking up on the floor"

fuckin' genius, bro.
His only solo song I've ever heard is "Photograph" and I love that song.
-Donkey Lips